Beginners and Beyond

WednesDAILIES (Read 38 times)

Baboon

delicate flower

The Hokas do look a little unusual when you take them out of the box, but they look a lot more like traditional shoes when they are actually on someone's feet.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

hmmmm, not for me that's for sure Joking

D, I don't see an image of your Hokas

The shoes I am wearing in all the pics in my NYCM RR, including the picture at Times Square.  Even hubby is wearing Hokas.

Damaris

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy swimming and running today, Beth.

Scary about Rocky, FreeSoul. Glad you were able to get him out of the water.  Rocky sounds like the dog version of me, lol, I seem to have a lot of trouble when I 'm around water.  Once I even ran right off the San Antonio Riverwalk and into the river.

What the hell are hokas?  Apparently, some type of torture device for MBC, FreeSoul.  Wink  From the photo Damaris posted, looks like they have green "inflatable raft"  cushioning on the bottom there.

Dang, that sounds painful, Meaghan.

Nice running, Baboon!

Your gym is open at 3:50 in the morning Jimmy?  Wow.  Good luck with the miles tonite.

Glad to see you getting active again, Sarah.  Well, if the weather here is going to be in the 40s tomorrow morning, I imagine it will even be even cooler that that in North Texas.

Good luck, Jack, with 11 miles in the dark!

Sorry about the shoes, MBC.

Happy 4 miles outoftheblue!

Enjoy Outer Banks, Marjorie.  Never been there.  Hear it is quite beautiful.

Jay, I am in denial about winter in South Texas!  People up North would laugh at our runners down here, 30s and 40s we break out the long-sleeved running shirts and the base layer thermal layer shirts...

Glad you were able to run, Step, after your blood donor-ing.  And did not get light-headed and fall over.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Dad on the run.

Scotty - Gym is 24/7 Smile I just put my code in and workout, suprisingly I wasn't alone.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

meaghansketch

Hello Dailies-

Rick- enjoy your coffee!

Kristin- Augh!  So frustrating!  I feel bad now for suggesting that race to you.  I've never done one of their races but I see them doing stuff all the time in Prospect Park, I had no idea it wouldn't be a real 10K.  If you have room for one at the end of November I'm thinking about doing the NYCRuns Running Festival of Lights (5K/10K/half option) on Nov. 24th.

Damaris- You are a beast in the best possible way.  What else can I say?

Sparker- Enjoy your miles!

Scott- Have a good run!

Oski- Hope you have a good TM run tonight!  I agree about the inspiring RRs this fall.

Beth- Sounds like a good plan!

FreeSoul- How scary!  Glad Rocky is OK.

Phil- Speedy reps!

Shari- Nice run!

jblackjr- Nice early workout!

Sarah- Thanks, it's beginning to not be quite so terrible!  Stairs going down are still a challenge, and I keep missing calls at work when it takes me too long to get up and hobble over to my coworker's phone when she's out at lunch or on a break!  Hope you can get outside with Abby tomorrow!

Jack- Enjoy your run!

MBC- too bad about the Hokas, I've never tried them but sounds like they aren't for everyone.

outoftheblue- Nice miles!

Marjorie- Enjoy the beach!

Jay- enjoy the LR!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

The majority of your pics are small damn it! I can't see a whole lot of details Joking

Scotty- How do you run right off and into water? Joking? Yeah Rocky isn't the brightest when it comes to rivers and creeks.

Thank you Meaghan, I think he has already forgotten it....... enough that he'll probably do it again.

The shoes I am wearing in all the pics in my NYCM RR, including the picture at Times Square.  Even hubby is wearing Hokas.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

I've been in a seminar since noon, zzzzzzzzzzz's!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Haha

I've been in a seminar since noon, zzzzzzzzzzz's!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

The majority of your pics are small damn it! I can't see a whole lot of details Joking

Scotty- How do you run right off and into water? Joking? Yeah Rocky isn't the brightest when it comes to rivers and creeks.

Thank you Meaghan, I think he has already forgotten it....... enough that he'll probably do it again.

Are you blind? Joking

Damaris

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

They look normal from here Joking You have small feet Big grin

PRs

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Meaghan it's not your fault you had no way of knowing they'd decide to add a half mile to the race. I'm ridiculously upset I will be out of town for the Festival of Lights because it is in my neighborhood on the path I run everyday! But I will be in DE.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Good news Pink!

Hi Beth!

Nice run Step!

Welp, it's just about time to blow this popsicle stand!  I am heading home to sit on my tootie, see ya there!

16.2 on the back roads' back roads.  There is one spot with a spectacular view of the lower elevations, I'll have to get a picture there sometime soon.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

5 with hubby.  I hurt my ex-torn ligament on my foot at lunch but it didn't hurt while running.  But it hurts while living!!!!

legs were fine with the run.  Groin?  Not so much.

Damaris

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I hurt my ex-torn ligament on my foot at lunch but it didn't hurt while running.

How do you hurt your foot at lunch?