Beginners and Beyond

August 2013 Racing Thread (Read 59 times)

You Rang?

I'm running the inaugural running of the Disneyland 10k  on 8/31/13.   A PR is almost assured.  I don't remember the last time I raced a 10k but I'm sure it was at least 50 lbs. ago.   Big grin

Rick 

PR: 5k 25:01 (10/15) 10k: 57:44 (7/14) HM: 1:57 (5/15) FM: 4:55 (1/15)

Jog Days of Summer 5K   - 8/10/13

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Rondog65

I am with the group of indecisive, as I am still on the fence about an upcoming 5 mile race being an Irish Pub Race on Saturday 8/03.  I will probably  decide on Friday, or maybe Saturday!

On Saturday morning I decided to make a run at the race after all.  Overcast weather threatening rain that held off till the race finished.  A little slower than I was hoping for, 46:49, 8:55 pace.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Sorry for the delay but it's updated!  Don't forget to post your results!  I got yours Rundog!

Damaris

RSX

As always, when I post  a race hubby is doing it as well.  Of course his goals are to be

fast. Since I as slow,  mine are to have fun and with tri's to survive the swim portion.. 

August 11th - Half marathon -     Saint John - Run for fun with RSX, possibly sub 2:00 (changed  goal to just

have fun, knee is a bit sore and I need to focus on my full marathon in 7 weeks, the half is just for fun so

no sense pushing a sore knee)

Beth this will be no fun run!!  It's on (just kidding). I look forward to at least starting with you, but don't want to slow you down. My heel issue went okay yesterday when I ran 14.25 with 2 friends, and am also hoping for sub 2:00. It should be a lot of fun, and I look forward to the whole trip!!

Antipodean

My 8/4 race was a DNS. Sad

I went along thinking I might run it as a training run because my calf was sore and I've had calf issues before. I didn't want anything to jeopardise more important races, especially my first half on 9/29. So, I went to pick up my packet and they couldn't find my name. I was sure I'd registered and didn't want to pay the expensive race day fee, so I ended up deciding not to run. I should have printed out my e-ticket. Turns out they had me registered with my names mixed up so I was listed by my first/given name rather than my last/family name.

To cut a long story short they have let me switch to a 10k race after my half in the same series. I ended up running the same distance later in the day at an easy pace and my calf has been fine since.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

Jess runs for bacon

8/17 lilac_jive Washington Crossing 15k

8/18 lilac_jive Lehigh Valley Zoo 10k

8/25 lilac_jive Perk Up Half Marathon

i might downgrade the 10k To a 5k...

Jog Days of Summer 5K   - 8/10/13 - official time 27:28

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

YMCA 10k Race today

Goal: 58:00 or less - Crazy goal: 55:59 or less

Time: 54:39

Placed 3rd in my division F 25-29

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

PADRunner

Hand & Feet for Charity IV 5K  - 8/10/13 - 36:20

Not  my day to race.

bluerun

Super B****

Okay, I've got one --

8/18 -- Jackrabbit Battle of Brooklyn 10 Miler.

(I am not supposed to PR this race.  I will be a little angry with myself if I do.)

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Ok, I knew this no races in August thing wouldn't last. After all my travel plans got set in stone, only one that was on my radar was left (will be away from the other 2 I was considering....which were also the 2 bluerun was considering lol the Battle of Brooklyn and the Shore Road race, but now I will be in Georgia/FL for those). So I am now registered for:

8/17- Washington's Crossing 15K

Goals: PR (ha!) it is my first 15K so goal is met by default, that was easy Smile

Have fun

Hopefully have a FE

No exact time goal because I am not entirely sure if I will "race" it or just use it as a training run for my fall half

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Jess runs for bacon

Ok, I knew this no races in August thing wouldn't last. After all my travel plans got set in stone, only one that was on my radar was left (will be away from the other 2 I was considering....which were also the 2 bluerun was considering lol the Battle of Brooklyn and the Shore Road race, but now I will be in Georgia/FL for those). So I am now registered for:

8/17- Washington's Crossing 15K

Goals: PR (ha!) it is my first 15K so goal is met by default, that was easy Smile

Have fun

Hopefully have a FE

No exact time goal because I am not entirely sure if I will "race" it or just use it as a training run for my fall half

Oh we will FE, duh!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Updated!  Please include results to those that raced this weekend.

Kiwi, I'm sorry about the DNS.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Aug 10:  Chilmark Road Race 5K - Goal is PR (21:23) 

result:  21:13.

<3