Beginners and Beyond

2020 Dailies #224 (Read 27 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Back Day at the gym, then a 5 mile run this morning... the humidity is most certainly back, I do not miss all this damn sweating.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

"ran" 2 miles in place, rode the bike for 45 mins, did some leg strength stuff. cool and comfy inside (good and bad)!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

We had no power until midnight and I didn't sleep much, so either my RD or 16.

Damaris

Baboon

delicate flower

Is it ok to drop an ice cube or two into your piping hot coffee to make it easier to drink?  Asking for a friend.

<3

sdWhiskers

Hiked ~8 miles in Yosemite yesterday and it was freaking amazing! Occupancy of the park is severely limited this summer (it was hard to get a pass) but meant we saw almost no one besides on the main waterfall hike we did. Already planning our next trip.

Exploring Mammoth more today. Might rent bikes or kayaks. Should I go run where the pros do?

Half Crazy K 2.0

Is it ok to drop an ice cube or two into your piping hot coffee to make it easier to drink?  Asking for a friend.

Yes. Anything to make it easier to drink the coffee without injury is acceptable.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

I'm all for it, being that I only drink iced lattes, lol.

Damaris

Cyberic

RD. Hot and humid, and RDs are good for me it seems.

wolvmar

UM 45 Ohio 23

Hiked ~8 miles in Yosemite yesterday and it was freaking amazing! Occupancy of the park is severely limited this summer (it was hard to get a pass) but meant we saw almost no one besides on the main waterfall hike we did. Already planning our next trip.

Exploring Mammoth more today. Might rent bikes or kayaks. Should I go run where the pros do?

We went to Yosemite a couple summers ago for the first time. Even with crowds, it was absolutely memorable and awesome. Would really like to go back and, without crowds, now sounds like a great time to be there.

DavePNW

Is it from Dunkin Donuts? Because I haven’t had their coffee in a long time, but I remember they used to make it crazy hot, plus they were the last place to still use styrofoam cups. So it took approximately forever for it to cool off to normal drinking temperature. What is even the point of making coffee that hot? Plus their coffee sucks, but I have to be careful saying that around New Englandahs. Although I’m pretty sure you don’t care because I’ve only ever heard you talk about coffee from Starbucks or a gas station.

Dave

DavePNW

Good news everyone - “MarathonFoto has opened The Vault!” I imagine most of you also got this email, or will soon. Yet another company that must be really desperate for a revenue stream right now.

And on another subject - yesterday I went to the Brooks Outlet store and picked up two pairs of discounted Ghosts...the 11s. 

Dave

onemile

Is it from Dunkin Donuts? Because I haven’t had their coffee in a long time, but I remember they used to make it crazy hot, plus they were the last place to still use styrofoam cups. So it took approximately forever for it to cool off to normal drinking temperature. What is even the point of making coffee that hot? 

Studies have shown that the hotter the coffee is, the better people perceive it tastes.  That's why McDonalds used to be burn yo skin off hot

onemile

And on another subject - yesterday I went to the Brooks Outlet store and picked up two pairs of discounted Ghosts...the 11s. 

the 11's are better than the 12's.  I am curious about the 13's but not $130 curious

onemile

I thought I'd feel better today after two extremely slow runs.  But no.  so I just ran 8EZ (with URP, who didn't want to do a workout anyway).

Baboon

delicate flower

Is it from Dunkin Donuts? Because I haven’t had their coffee in a long time, but I remember they used to make it crazy hot, plus they were the last place to still use styrofoam cups. So it took approximately forever for it to cool off to normal drinking temperature. What is even the point of making coffee that hot? Plus their coffee sucks, but I have to be careful saying that around New Englandahs. Although I’m pretty sure you don’t care because I’ve only every heard you talk about coffee from Starbucks or a gas station.

I will drink Dunkin if it is my only option.  Gas station coffee tends to be better.  Starbucks is great because I can order my Americano with five shots of espresso and they don't think twice about it.  If I order that from a locally owned coffee shop, they look at me like I have three heads.

<3