Beginners and Beyond

Fab-Fridailies (Read 33 times)

DavePNW

LRB prefers beet juice raw beets

FYP.

Dave

LRB

Booooorrrrring.  😝

It's earthy, don't knock it until you're forced to gag while drinking it lol

LRB

How much are you planning to crank things up for NYC?

Probably only 10 - 12 miles here and there. I think the big thing will be the addition of runs of 3 hours and more. I'll be looking to knock them bitches out promptly and matter of factly. 👍

Cyberic

Probably only 10 - 12 miles here and there. I think the big thing will be the addition of runs of 3 hours and more. I'll be looking to knock them bitches out promptly and matter of factly. 👍

Nice. I only ran once over 3 hours in prep for my last marathon but ran a shitload of 20+ miles long runs.

Might not be necessary, but it helps IMO. Running for 3 hours is no joke.

LRB

Nice. I only ran once over 3 hours in prep for my last marathon but ran a shitload of 20+ miles long runs.

Might not be necessary, but it helps IMO. Running for 3 hours is no joke.

Yes, my five 16s this year have come in anywhere between 2:12 to 2:27, so the 3 hour mark is just a generic reference point.

Did you have an official cycle or did those 20s come outside of the normal marathon training window as well as within it?

LRB

Ooh, I'm at 879 so not too far back from these all stars

And about to make your move. 

Cyberic

Yes, my five 16s this year have come in anywhere between 2:12 to 2:27, so the 3 hour mark is just a generic reference point.

Did you have an official cycle or did those 20s come outside of the normal marathon training window as well as within it?

I did not have a cycle. IIRC I kept running long after last fall's marathon. Just kept going on the long LRs, after a couple of weeks to heal, of course.

LRB

I did not have a cycle. 

I didn't think so.

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

It's earthy, don't knock it until you're forced to gag while drinking it lol

😂😂

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Cyberic

the 3 hour mark is just a generic reference point.

3:00 is more than just a generic reference point. Or I should say sub 3:00 

Crazy how the faster you are, the more often you run for the same time in training that your marathon is going to take.

I ran once for 3+ hours for my marathon training, 2:30 marathoners will run for 2:30 a couple of times during their cycle (I would), and a 4:00 marathoner will probably never run for 4:00 in training.

But back to your point, little goals like that (maybe hitting 3:00 LRs in training) is what drives me most of the time. Just little stuff that I find challenging. I work my way up to the task, and then move up to another thing. Just like hitting some time in 400s, or whatever little attainable goal I can think of

RunningOnSand

3:00 is more than just a generic reference point. Or I should say sub 3:00 

Crazy how the faster you are, the more often you run for the same time in training that your marathon is going to take.

I ran once for 3+ hours for my marathon training, 2:30 marathoners will run for 2:30 a couple of times during their cycle (I would), and a 4:00 marathoner will probably never run for 4:00 in training.

But back to your point, little goals like that (maybe hitting 3:00 LRs in training) is what drives me most of the time. Just little stuff that I find challenging. I work my way up to the task, and then move up to another thing. Just like hitting some time in 400s, or whatever little attainable goal I can think of

I'm closer to the 4hr mark, and the longest training run I had was 2hr45 min (last cycle). that was long. But my coach prefers "quality over quantity" (even though I know all you high mileage runners also do quality workouts) so I only did one 2hr45min runs. Lots of runs in the 2-2:30hr range though.

RunningOnSand

Has anyone ever run in the Mizuno WaveKnit shoes? Wondering how they compare to the Ghosts. 

Cyberic

Other than the cyborg, LRB is running the pants off all of us!

2 Cyberic 1848.24 mi 246:11:25.11
                            5 LRBAdministrator 1340.57 mi 196:10:19.5
                            7 Lauren. 1329.38 mi 190:35:00.38
                            9 DavePNW 1312.72 mi 177:50:33.63
                            10 onemile 1300.9 mi 180:29:33.93
                            17 Docket_RocketOwner 1011.52 mi 188:56:58
                            19 BaboonAdministrator 988.33 mi 118:52:10.91

Four of you within 40 miles of each other. That's very cool. Who's the betting favorite? I might put my money on an underdog...

DavePNW

Four of you within 40 miles of each other. That's very cool. Who's the betting favorite? I might put my money on an underdog...

Who's the underdog in that fight? It's a battle of the titans!!

Of course in my current state, I could be dropping way out of the picture.

I remember one year, back when Baboon was a runner, he & I were neck & neck into December. I thought it was going to go down to New Year's eve, then I got injured. 

Not that we're competitive around here.

Dave

Cyberic

I'm closer to the 4hr mark, and the longest training run I had was 2hr45 min (last cycle). that was long. But my coach prefers "quality over quantity" (even though I know all you high mileage runners also do quality workouts) so I only did one 2hr45min runs. Lots of runs in the 2-2:30hr range though.

2:45 is no joke either.