Beginners and Beyond

Penguins' February Weight Loss Challenge (Read 69 times)

Zelanie

But I'm still alive today, and no sugar passed between my lips.

Woo!

Do you have a "Nothing Bundt Cakes" near you? It's a little cake/cupcake franchise. I love them and have been thinking of THESE a lot. 

There's one right next to a Five Guys burger joint near work.  Talk about a double dare.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

tracilynn

The one we have is near a Five Guys also.  Maybe that's part of their evil plan.

~~~~~~~

Traci

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Count me in

153 as of February 1.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

From the Internet.

I looked up Nothing Bundt Cakes and the closest one is not even in the Northeast. A minor victory, haha.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I looked up Nothing Bundt Cakes and the closest one is not even in the Northeast. A minor victory, haha.

Glad to see I was not the only one who did this. None near Maryland either.

tracilynn

I want some pancakes

~~~~~~~

Traci

Blueberry pancakes covered in maple syrup?

I want some pancakes

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

I'm so grateful for tomorrow's weigh in. It kept me from indulging in one of my favorite addictions - Sonic Strawberry milkshakes. I had myself talked into "just a mini'. When I went to record the calories, and saw 470 (YIKES!), I was able to talk myself off the ledge. DH got his shake and I recorded the dessert waiting for me at  home: vanilla yogurt with frozen raspberries. Actually hit the spot and kept me from exceeding my calorie count today.

Glad you e-guys have my back. Good luck tomorrow everyone.

Kathleen

2015 Goals:

Sub 30 5K

Sub 60 10K

happylily

I did relatively well all week, but then tonight, after I finished work, I was tired and felt I needed something to pick me up. So out came the wine... and the chocolate. Urgh.... Stress and fatigue are my worst enemies. They break my will power and render me weak.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

192.4 this morning...at least it did not tick upward.

Half Crazy K 2.0

144 again. Kind of expected it. Not due to food. I definitely have a pattern weight-wise due to being female. Sorry guys, know you don't want to read about that.

DavePNW

I did relatively well all week, but then tonight, after I finished work...

...I ate an obscene pile of delicious Mexican takeout, including cleaning off what was left on my wife's & kid's plates.

That said, after holding pretty steady at 168 during the week, I was at 169 this morning. So not too bad.

I seem to have figured out the habits to eliminate which drop me from 172 to 168. I had always been eating reasonably healthy & avoiding a lot of stupid junk. So the only thing I have changed so far is to cut out a few of the carby snacks which were a routine - a granola bar & pretzels during the workday, pile of pita chips & hummus before dinner, a bowl (or two) of cereal at night after dinner. Takes some will power, but not too torturous. Remains to be seen whether continuing that will drop me any further, or just allow me to maintain. Any next step I think will involve some suffering.

Dave

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

146.4  Wrong Way !!!   Must be the stress of the Challenge causing me to eat more.

happylily

112 lbs after a light breakfast. This challenge is BS.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010