Beginners and Beyond

Penguins' February Weight Loss Challenge (Read 69 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

no I don't measure, but need to start. It's any of the flavored types, one of my favorites is the Italian Sweet Creme.

I personally like Peppermint Mocha or Amoretto.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Half Crazy K 2.0

no I don't measure, but need to start. It's any of the flavored types, one of my favorites is the Italian Sweet Creme.

Definitely start measuring! If you like to taste the creamer, chances are you are using at least 2 servings, so about 70 calories. Times 6-8 cups, that's 420 to 560 calories  When i use the flavored creamers, i measure 1 tablespoon and then use almond milk if I need more. You could use skim milk.

ETA On the plus side, this may be low hanging fruit, so an adjustment could lead to weight loss.

hog4life

Definitely start measuring! If you like to taste the creamer, chances are you are using at least 2 servings, so about 70 calories. Times 6-8 cups, that's 420 to 560 calories  When i use the flavored creamers, i measure 1 tablespoon and then use almond milk if I need more. You could use skim milk.

ETA On the plus side, this may be low hanging fruit, so an adjustment could lead to weight loss.

YIKES!!! It changes today. Thanks for making me see this

Brilliant

sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but 6-8 cups with that stuff is a lotta lotta calories!

MTA: whoops, I skipped over half crazy's reply; I see she's already instructed you on this!

hog4life

See? This is exactly why I wanted to post with some daily intakes. I can definitely make a change on this.

Remember the other day when I mentioned they brought pizza to work and I blew it? I had 6 or 7 pieces, minus the crust. Today was a repeat of last week, well part of it anyways. They brought pizza in at the end of our class, I had 3 pieces! But I also scraped the toppings off of 2 of them, so I only ate one, as far as the bread goes. I am happy about that.

tracilynn

Those powdered (and flavored) creamers are really bad for you too. They are usually full of Hydrogenated oils or Palm kernel oils... stuff like that.  I switched to a splash of whole milk.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

I looked and it says 35 calories per tablespoon. So i will try the almond milk or start looking to go black.

Breakfast was a banana, 6 strawberries,  a kiwi, handful of spinach, 5-6 almonds, protein powder, and OJ in a smoothie.

Got me a afternoon snack of 2 hard boiled eggs.

tracilynn

I LOVE LOVE almond milk but not in coffee.  It turns very bitter for me  I know lots of people drink it that way but I cannot.

~~~~~~~

Traci

hog4life

Supper was 2 chicken tenderloins with the left over brown rice and veggies. I spooned it into 2 flour tortillas,  topped with some cheese and taco sauce. Scale said 163 after my run and eating.

Half Crazy K 2.0

I LOVE LOVE almond milk but not in coffee.  It turns very bitter for me  I know lots of people drink it that way but I cannot.

I have tried lots of the milk substitutes.I think I've just gotten used to them. Last week I tried cashew milk, not much different. They also make almond, soy and coconut milk creamers now.

DavePNW

Coffee black or GTFO.

Dave

From the Internet.

Too anxious to work this afternoon, went on a healthy-meal-prepping binge instead. I think I'm getting the hang of not pigging out all the time while also not feeling deprived.

Hard-boiled a bunch of eggs (these are supposed to be several days' worth of snacks but the husband is trying to convince me to make them into deviled eggs to eat tonight, which would actually fit into my calorie budget for the day), made this buffalo chicken mac and cheese with some of the buffalo chicken I froze last week and portioned it into 6 ~400 calorie lunches, nuked a spaghetti squash and had half of it for dinner tonight with a baked tomato/ground beef/ricotta sauce thing, portioned out the leftover meat sauce with the other half of the squash for another lunch. Split up the remains of yesterday's berry baked oatmeal into one breakfast and one snack portion. Bought a bunch of berries at the grocery store to make another one of those, it was super good. Recipe here, I omitted the honey and didn't miss it at all since I don't usually sweeten my oatmeal beyond adding fruit to it, and I spread on 1 tbsp almond butter per serving right before I eat it instead of baking it with pecans.

hog4life

Coffee black or GTFO.

what kind?

happylily

I like my coffee with just a cloud of milk. I stopped using anything sweet years ago. But once in a while, I don't say no to booze and sugar in it. Spanish coffee, mmmm....

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

DavePNW

what kind?

I like wasting as much money as possible on coffee, so we've gone Keurig. I get the Starbucks k-cups, either Verona, Sumatra or French Roast.

MTA: OK I guess I would be wasting more money if I actually went into Starbucks every day, but too inconvenient. Actually that's what I'd have in a perfect world. I dislike them for being an evil corporate behemoth, but I do like their coffee.

Dave