Beginners and Beyond

Freezing FRIDAILIES (Read 50 times)

LRB

Be careful, don't work too hard there, LRB.  Oh how I wish I were paid to eat...

I actually work in the field and my schedule is loaded today so I will miss out this year.

happylily

I actually work in the field and my schedule is loaded today so I will miss out this year.

Totally unfair...

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

onemile

I ran 9 last night - first 3 with the dog.  Tonight I am planning to do 8 with a 4 mile hill climb (on the treadmill).

happylily

I ran 9 last night - first 3 with the dog.  Tonight I am planning to do 8 with a 4 mile hill climb (on the treadmill).

FYI, the longest Newton hill is only about .4 of a mile long. Not 4 miles...

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

SRD for me. Today's craving is a BLT with avocado sandwich. When my mpw starts going up I start to crave certain things. I don't know why, I just do and today it's a BLT with avocado.

LRB

Your comments regarding the course this week have been enlightening. Tell us more!

LRB

SRD for me. Today's craving is a BLT with avocado sandwich. When my mpw starts going up I start to crave certain things. I don't know why, I just do and today it's a BLT with avocado.

Geezus that sounds wonderful. Pics please!

DavePNW

In California, everything has avocado on it, right?

Dave

DavePNW

+1

And probably never want to. 

FYP.

Dave

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

In California, everything has avocado on it, right?

LMAO! For some, perhaps.  Right now they are too damn expensive to eat with everything. Good thing my neighbor has a tree and we can get some whenever we want.

onemile

Just following my schedule.  It's supposed to be sort of like a tempo run or something.

Your comments regarding the course this week have been enlightening. Tell us more!

+1

happylily

It's 26.2 mile long.

Hip Redux

Hey, look, it's snowing.

Ran last night so that means RD today.  But by rest day, I mean this workout at lunch:

Double leg weighted squat
                            Planks
                            Single leg squats
                            Pallof press
                            Lunges
                            Side planks
                            Deadlift
                            Cable exercises (adduction, abduction, extension, flexion)

onemile

I've heard such mixed things about the difficulty of the Boston course.  I've heard it is very difficult and then I've heard that it's a fast course - One of my co-workers told me that it was an easier course than Green Bay (which is pretty much completely flat) and that he got his PR at Boston.

happylily

I've heard such mixed things about the difficulty of the Boston course.  I've heard it is very difficult and then I've heard that it's a fast course - One of my co-workers told me that it was an easier course than Green Bay (which is pretty much completely flat) and that he got his PR at Boston.

It's considered an easy course by most, including me. It's just tricky to run, because of where the hills are on the course.