Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

WTH???!!! (Read 294 times)

The young Mama Bear!

Today was awesome it is officially down 7 lbs.... yipppeeeee!!!!!
    Good for you! Sometimes the scale likes to play 'fooled ya' just for kicks. Tongue
    Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
    Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
    zzz

Sometimes I'm afraid PMS is a myth, and this is my real personality (and weight)! Wink (I wish I could take credit for that statement, but I read it somewhere - I think on a greeting card. I added the weight part)
      haha that's funny.... if you don't mind i think i want to take that as my tag line. LOL funny funny
      jb944

Chicago RnR 1/2 Marathon

Sorry I'm late jumping in on this discussion- but you've had some good comments from others already. Here are my observations: Water plays a huge role in weight on a day to day basis. If you haven't stayed hydrated in the past, when you first start drinking water your body will hang on to it. Weight fluctuates a lot during the day. TIme of month will make a huge difference in most women. Many people struggle with gaining some weight when they first start running because their appetite increases. A pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. Diets don't work (for long). Lifestyle changes do. Some "friends" will try to derail you because they don't have the courage to start making healthy choices. Protein is important at every meal and snack. It stays with you longer. Eating small portions 5-6 times a day is really important - even if you don't feel hungry. And, to borrow from Trent, "Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants." Sorry for those who have heard this before, but I started exercising in October of 2006 after way to many years of inactivity. I've only dropped 17#, but have lost 4 dress sizes. Most people do not believe me if I tell them how much I actually weigh. So, at some point, it is much better to see how you fit in your clothes as opposed to what that number on the scale reads.
        MoonStar

I never believed hormones were quite real until after I had my 1st kid and was a blubbering idiot for the first few days. Down to 251.2 this am Big grin Hopefully will break 250 next week if stopping HCTZ doesn't mess my water retention.
          zzz

how about tossing your guts out a particular end that helps too (sorry if TMI)... bc that's what i'm doing... got some kind of freaky sicko thing... my stomach is awful right now!! It's been like this since yesterday evening.