Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

It's so quiet in here! (Read 196 times)

Singer who runs a smidge

yap, thanks for putting the link in this thread!  I'd been going to the first page of the "Get on the graph" sticky.

bouncy, it's hilarious how differently VFF's can fit.  I have two pair of KSO's, and one is definitely looser than the other.  I have a pair of Komodosports, which I LOVE, and they're looser than the KSO's.  And I have a pair of KSO Treks in black, which I wear for my Sunday shoes, and they're the tightest of all.  I was sort of hoping the kangaroo leather would stretch a little, but since I only wear them for about four hours once a week, I guess they don't get much chance.  I can't run in normal shoes any more, it makes my feet hurt!  I think I'll bust out my huaraches for tomorrow's run, though.  I ran in them a couple of times and got blisters, but my mileage is lower with c25k, and I think it would really help settle my form a bit.  And it shouldn't be too cold yet.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

By the way, if we have 110 views, we MUST have people lurking ... come out of the closet, fuzzy monsters!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

theyapper

On the road again...

By the way, if we have 110 views, we MUST have people lurking ... come out of the closet, fuzzy monsters!

Either that or the 3 of us are awfully bored. Wink

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Singer who runs a smidge

I'm a transfer from "that other site".  I'm used to enormous amounts of rapid conversations.  These people who look but don't talk are weird to me ...

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

I'm still here, but haven't had much keyboard time of late. Was out of the country for a few weeks, then to many Dr appts when we got back and now recovering from an ugly, painful half marathon... Besides that I registered for another one on 1/13/13...LOL

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Singer who runs a smidge

A sucker for punishment, huh?  Welcome back, and hope your dr. appts have gone well!!

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Thanks HM, Dr apts went well I guess. Have more tests and a month of antibiotics to see if PSA drops. The VA did an ultrasound of my Carotid arteries and I'll get the results at January physical. 2013 could be a continuation of 2012's challenges... sigh

bob e v

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Singer who runs a smidge

What half are you doing?

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

My next half is the 3M Half Marathon on 1/13/13. Its a point to point with finish at lower elevation than the start. I did it last year but bladder problems and lack of real training plan caused what was worst half until Decker Challenge last week! Need to break that trend! LOL

bob e v

Singer who runs a smidge

Yeah, it would be nice if your halfs got better instead of worse!  I screwed my knee up in July, so I've been off for basically five months.  Now I have to keep reminding myself that it will take five more months to get back to where I was (it might not, but I'd rather think pessimistically and be surprised).  I should be running well again around May.  Roll eyes

Bouncy Butt

Runner's legs I have not

I'm so new to this whole gig (can't really count when I was running in school...) that I am coming out of a place where I was/am so out of shape that it seems preposterous that I would entertain the thought of running! So I can relate to the training-slower-than-you-think-you-are-capable-of mindset. I am able to learn so much from reading what seasoned runners have to say on the subject, so I appreciate your sharing.

However, today was W4D1 and I completed FIVE intervals of running for four minutes and recovering for one. I did not stop during any of it and ran the entire four minute intervals but it was all I could do! I was a bit of a bonehead when I chose my route and finished my last interval on an incline - oops! The mystery of perfect timing was evident when Todd Lange announced in my ear that I had one more minute to go and I was huffing and puffing away - barely going forward - and my brother passed by on his way back from town and honked his car horn. Let me just say that a neat little adrenalin surge like that will do wonders for helping you continue that last little bit of struggle!! If your heart can take it, I highly recommend it Smile

Hope everyone has a great week! 

HopesMom, how's the singing going? Still have a jam-packed schedule? 

theyapper

On the road again...

BB - nice job on that workout!

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Singer who runs a smidge

Hi Bouncy!!  Glad to have you back on the forums, and woo-hoo for your workout!  I left my Garmin with DH this morning, asking him to program the week 3 workout in, so that I don't have to remember how far to run and when to walk!

Singing, mostly it's done.  I have one more performance on Thursday, and then our chorus is singing for the town's New Year's Eve celebration.  Luckily we're singing at 3:00 and 4:15 ... I'm not sure I can stay awake until midnight!!

Singer who runs a smidge

Finished W3D1, woo-hoo!!  A few twinges from my knee, but after I consciously relaxed my lower body it settled down a bit.  I forgot to ice afterwards, though.  Oops!!  Swimming today.

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

i'm a seasoned runner who went back to school a year ago and since then has a pretty hard time doing it all (family, work, school, friends, running/exercising, etc.). I used to be a long distance runner, but since going back to school, I'm an inconsistent, very short distance runner. And since school started again in September after a well-deserved summer break, I didn't do any running at all.

Trying to get back into regular running I've decided running on a treadmill is not a bad thing, if it keeps me running. And since I didn't do any running since September, a version of C25K seems the right way to do it. Now, I'm not following C25K as is, cause my body remembered how to run pretty quickly, so please do not compare your schedule to mine. But this group seems the right place for some motivation to stay on top of it and just so you know,  I'm in week 2/day 2 of my version of C25K.

Happy running everyone Smile

Dutchie
                                Run the day, or the day runs you.