Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

C25K check-in, week of 11/4/07 - 11/10/07 (Read 214 times)

Wingz

Professional Noob

Hi, gang! I thought we'd start this week's thread off on time. Big grin Where are you in the couch-to-5K program, and how is it going for you? We have a new member - welcome Lucihuang!

Roads were made for journeys...

I'm in week 5, and since I'm a bit anxious about the 3rd day (going from an 8 min run to a 20 minute run), because the first time I ran day 2 it was really, really hard, I ran day 2 for the second time today Roll eyes. I run day 3 on Wednesday, so wish me well Smile Those big leaps are hard for me. I also repeated another day, although I can't remember which week it was in. I basically decide to do that when a run is particularly hard for me and I doubt my ability to increase my run distance with the next workout. Hope that's not a bad idea...
      Life is Good :D http://ttjk.wordpress.com Couch to 5K support group // Back of The Packers group
      Wingz

Professional Noob

There is absolutely nothing wrong with repeating a day or two as needed. Adapting the plan to what you feel you can handle is very sensible. If a particular run is hard, what's wrong with repeating that day until it no longer feels difficult? One thing I like about running is that you get to choose what your goals are and how you're going to meet them. If you keep working gradually and take good care of yourself, a delay of a day... or a week or two in your initial plan is a good investment for injury prevention later! Keep up the good work! Big grin

lucihuang

Hi. I hope I'm not jumping into a group that is almost done with their training. I like the idea of a group for couch surfers like myself who are trying out this "running" thing. Smile
          Wingz

Professional Noob

Welcome... is it Luci? I picture this group as an ongoing support group where people who are working through the couch-to-5K program can support eachother. I went through a similar program a bit over two years ago and it really helped me a lot, but I didn't have anyone to talk with about my struggles with going from week to week... or to celebrate with me when I reached a personal milestone. Every week, we've been starting check-in threads. Tell us where you are in the program, how it's going for you, etc. If you're having trouble, share. If you've done great, share that too. Big grin I'm having a little trouble this week getting my running in because of a stomach bug. Dead Tight lipped Dead Ick. It's not good to run when you're not sure how far you can go away from a bathroom... Fortunately, my apartment complex has a pretty good treadmill, and I'll be running there tonight. I'm looking forward to listening to my music and just chillin' out for a while... -Janell