Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Week of 8/14-8/20 (Read 259 times)

Easy run on the trail this morning with the dog.  Iowa is still having some of the best weather in the country!  Have fun on your runs this week.

A tiring run today, but I'm pleased with the results.

I haven't ran in a week.  All last week I was sick, and it's been raining pretty much non-stop since Saturday.  I'm hoping things clear up tomorrow so I can get back on the road.

Chup - good job Smile

Started c25k on 5/30/11

DigitalFirefly - Sorry to hear you've been sick.  Hope you get back on the road again soon and getting muddy and faster!  Smile

Petco Run/Walk/Wag 5k

Dig - sorry to hear about the illness. Get well quickly.

Chub - glad to see you still out there.

I've been treating re-occurance of an old pre-running aggravation/injury by shortening runs to under an hour. Lower back pain, rt hip pain with numbness/burning on surface of rt quad. Also seems to be aggravating IT Band - I felt some twinges in outside of rt knee while standing in line for fast food. The old problem was related to carrying grandkids and standing still resulting in the back pain/quad numbness. I think back extensions cross training brought it back... had been mostly gone for almost two years... sigh. Guess its part of getting old.... but I will not let it stop me from getting out there. Did  1/2 mile chi walk, then 2 1/2 mi/40 min dreadmill at the gym - no probs then.

bob e v
            2014 goals: keep on running! Is there anything more than that?

Complete the last 3 races in the Austin Distance Challenge, Rogue 30k, 3M Half, Austin Full

Break the 1000 mi barrier!

History: blessed heart attack 3/15/2008; c25k july 2008 first 5k 10/26/2008 on 62nd birthday.

Short easy recovery run today.  I was so tired yesterday.

Dig - Maybe the dreadmill will work if the weather stays lousy. 

Bob - Are you working with a physical therapist with running experience?  Sometimes that's the fastest road.  Glad you're able to continue running all the same.