Couch to 5K and One Hour Runners

Weekly update thread: Aug. 10 - Aug.16th. (Read 523 times)

W5D1 Today. My sister cried the whole way. We told her to go home and she wouldn't. We told her to stop running and she wouldn't. Roll eyes She just cried and complained the whole time. But it wasn't that bad.
    Sounds like somebody needs to ride her bike while you run.
    theyapper

On the road again...

W5D1 Today. My sister cried the whole way. We told her to go home and she wouldn't. We told her to stop running and she wouldn't. Roll eyes She just cried and complained the whole time. But it wasn't that bad.
      How old is your sister? Has she done all the other days/weeks, too? Does she really want to run? She may just not be ready for this yet. Both of my boys talked about doing C25K, but really only one wants to - the other just kind of "came along." He complained a bit in the second week and so yesterday when we were getting ready to go out and run W3D1 I asked him if he really wanted to do it and he said, "Not really." I said, "That's cool" and took the son that wants to run. They're 10 and the point of this is for them to want it, not for me to want them to want it. Does that make sense? The program is hard enough when you want to do it. I can't imagine what it would be like if you weren't really motivated.

I write. I read. I run. One time, I ran a lot on my 50th birthday.

Paul

Congrats, Lauren! That's awesome! I will be joining you tomorrow as a graduate as I will be running W9D3 tomorrow night Big grin Countdown to first 5K: 3 days Surprised
        Goals: Finish C25K Run 5K and not die (8/16/08) Run 5K in less than 30 minutes Run 10K Weigh 150 lbs.
        theyapper

On the road again...

OHR W9D2 run is done. Nice and easy for 38 minutes in a light rain. Perfect!!

Paul

erendis

c25k week 7 day 2 done. very very slowly done- stupid girl hormone thingys. congrats to all the graduates this week- you're my inspiration!!
            I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it. Pablo Picasso

The young Mama Bear!

Kelly, can't wait to tack you on! You'll be first in the new column, I believe. Big grin You'll be just fine in your first 5K! Olivia, running is hard. Not everyone is going to like it, but maybe she just wants to get in on the "fun". Take it as a move to bond with ya'll. Yap, I'm jealous. I NEVER have the pleasure of running in the rain. Just SCORCHING HOTNESS. erendis, slow is better than not at all. Just take it easy! 2 miles today, which was supposed to be a recovery day but I ended up trying to make time again. Two sub 12-minute miles and my max HR was 198! Shocked
              Couch to 5K support group! Short-term goals: - Sub 35 5K - Complete my 16-week 10K training plan.
              Long term goals: - Sub 30 5K. - Compete in a 5K. - Train for a triathlon. - Compete in a 10K.
                W2D2 Start2Run Not my best day... but that was just my fault: It was my MIL's birthday, so when at work DH sent me an email: 'Mother invites us to dine out, together with my sister, her husband and their kids. Will we go?' Of course we would, I really love my parents IL, I like my SIL, although both HB and I don't really enjoy her husbands company. But, I said to DH, I won't let go today's run, since I'm on call tomorrow, so I can't run tomorrow, and when it's a tough nght, I won't be able to run on friday either. So I came home from work around 6:00 PM, already hungry, and I put on my running cloths immediately. I was really starving, but instead of running very slow, I tried to run just a tiny little bit faster than the day before yesterday. I did enjoy my run, but not like the others this and last week...

Running in Belgium
                Ann

CanadianMeg

#RunEveryDay

Ann-V, you have officially crossed the line to being addicted to running. Wink How awesome you still got out there! Goddess, I hope you get a rain run soon. It's fantastic; to me, running in a steady rain feels like I can just keep going forever! Erendis, we all have our slow days. It's not bad to have a few slow ones. The important thing is that you got out there. WohooO!W7D3 here you come! Paul, sounds like a fun run! Big grin Ernsberger, I'm so excited for you about your first race! It's fun and when you finish, it's fun to cheer for people who are coming in. (I don't think you'll be last. No way!)

Half Fanatic #9292. 

Game Admin for RA Running Game 2023.

50 halfs by age 50

I'm back! Had to rest a bad hip for a week, then went on vacation. I had to really backtrack in C25K when I got back...I was really surprised how much I lost. I just finished W5D2 today...thinking about trying my first duathlon (run, bike) in Oct!

*Mel* //  "A lot of people run a race to see who's the fastest. I run to see who has the most guts." - Steve Prefontaine

How old is your sister? Has she done all the other days/weeks, too? Does she really want to run? She may just not be ready for this yet.
                      She's ten. She skipped week 1 but has done everyone since then. At first she loved it but now she thinks it's too far. We're not letting her come again because she always says she wants to then cries. A bikee would be a good idea.
                      Goals: Run.
                      theyapper

On the road again...

She's ten. She skipped week 1 but has done everyone since then. At first she loved it but now she thinks it's too far. We're not letting her come again because she always says she wants to then cries. A bikee would be a good idea.
                        She's the same age as my son who doesn't really want to do it and he thinks it's too far. I've tried to find a kids version of C25K but haven't yet. Maybe we could all put our heads together and adapt the program some for younger legs? Of course, my other 10 year old son (they're twins) is doing fine so far.

Paul

running buddies

Ugh, I seem to be on the same schedule as the local high school cross country team. I was about to go run on Tuesday, and suddenly about 30 young guys ran by our house into the trails. I might have the guts to shuffle along behind them, but the trails are too narrow to run with the dogs on the leash, and I didn't have time before work to drive somewhere else, so I just waited and ran Wednesday. Today I am dressed and ready to go out for my 2nd-to-last OHR run, and here they all came again. Roll eyes I don't really mind - makes me feel like a "real" runner to run the same trails as our state-champs cross country team. Just makes it inconvenient. So, I guess I'll go run at the park - at least I can figure out how far I've gone. But my pace is always messed up since I stop to scoop poop. Tongue Olivia, I hope you keep running! It does make it harder to get out there when you have to drag along unwilling participants! I agree with ChupChup that a bike might solve everyone's problem. Congrats, goddess!
                          "Be patient and tough. Someday this pain will be useful to you." Ovid 2009 Goals 1. Don't get injured 2. Run 3-4x/week for at least 30 minutes 3. participate in at least one run or tri (maybe 2) "And remember, Dead Freakin' Last is better than Did Not Finish which is way better than Did Not Start" (Allison)
                            Success again! Hooray! Last night I ran 2 miles with no pain from my shin splints so I think I'm officially on the mend! I have slowed my pace a tiny bit, from 12:00 mm to 12:30. Will pick back up maybe next week. I'm really happy that my body didn't forget how to run in my 11 days off and bad week before that...my legs aren't jello at the end of the run, they feel like they could keep going for awhile, it's my aerobic base that took the hit. I felt like I was going to die between minutes 22 and 25 yesterday and my HR got the highest it has since I started C25K (but not higher than I've ever had it before). Not sure how much it plays a roll, but I had a big bad-for-me lunch and not a lot of water during the day, and it was HOT at the gym, so that may have affected my RPE somewhat. Whatever, I'm just so happy to be back at it (although I'm still totally freaked that I will be in a 5K in less than 2 weeks, yikes).
                            2009 Goals:
                            PR 5K (Ha, current 43:10)
                            Run a 10K
                            Meet Seasonal Weight Loss Challenges
                            Complete my first Sprint Tri
                            theyapper

On the road again...

good job, jennerVT! I remember how happy I was when I ran after taking time off to heal from ss and it's great to be back in the saddle again, ain't it?!! You'll do great in your 5k. I heard somewhere that if you can run for 2 miles, you can run forever. I'm not sure it's true, but I liked it when I started running 2 miles!!

Paul

C25K W8D3 complete! I was proud of my wife--she was not having a good run, but she fought through it and we kept our usual pace. I can't believe we've been running for 2 months without skipping or delaying any part of the program at any point. Smile
                                2008 Goals:
                                1. Finish C25K
                                2. Race <30 minute=""></30>
                                3. Complete One Hour Runner