Harpeth Hills Flying Monkey Marathon

Does a flat route still count for Monkey Training? (Read 381 times)

Lazy idiot

Double on BMB? That's just wrong.
    BMBM sounds like the course Trent ran last weekend.

Tick tock

Why is it sideways?

Double on BMB? That's just wrong.
      It is a flat rout for marathon training though. I did three loops of Centennial on the grass yesterday. Like I'm going to do today again. And like I did every day last week.
        Yeah, generally I'd agree that anything on BMB is just wrong. But I wanted to get 8 miles at marathon pace in, and I've been trying to be a tad wary of a bursitis/achilles event on my right heel. So, backing off the tempo (or whatever) runs on hills. This week, anyway.

The Thunder

Jeff why don't you head over to the Vandy course on Vaughn's Gap? There's some good grass running for you.

1 Hip and 2 Hamstring reconstructions later…

Why is it sideways?

Jeff why don't you head over to the Vandy course on Vaughn's Gap? There's some good grass running for you.
            Because I'm a hippie and I don't like cars.
            Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

Who said anything about driving there? You got shoes, don't ya?
              Mishka-old log

Hippie man...maybe he meant this?

Why is it sideways?

Who said anything about driving there? You got shoes, don't ya?
                  Grass. Like Mishka said. It's about the grass. Tanya, for you: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=2683284

The Thunder

Bike there. Duh.

Why is it sideways?

I wasn't complaining, by the way.
                      Trent

Good Bad & The Monkey

I wasn't complaining, by the way.
                        You sure were yesterday.
                        Mishka-old log

You sure were yesterday.
                          Yeah, he really got his ya-ya's out didn't he?
                            Tanya, for you: http://www.letsrun.com/forum/flat_read.php?thread=2683284
                            Thanks. I'm trying to (foolishly?) avoid thinking of it as an achilles problem since my achilles doesn't really hurt. It's more the lump on the back of my heel that probably aggravtes the achilles insertion area now and then. Makes me walk funny (not ha ha) in the morning, but then is okay the rest of the day. It's been like that for more than a year. It bores holes in the back of all my running shoes. Stretching and heel cushions seem to help a lot. But we'll see what happens after my half marathon on 10/4. There may be a moment of truth after that that I don't want to face.

The Thunder

Thanks. I'm trying to (foolishly?) avoid thinking of it as an achilles problem since my achilles doesn't really hurt. It's more the lump on the back of my heel that probably aggravtes the achilles insertion area now and then. Makes me walk funny (not ha ha) in the morning, but then is okay the rest of the day. It's been like that for more than a year. It bores holes in the back of all my running shoes. Stretching and heel cushions seem to help a lot. But we'll see what happens after my half marathon on 10/4. There may be a moment of truth after that that I don't want to face.
                              I know a great doc you should see....don't be like Jeff and wait too long.

Candice--were you parked in the grass field over by the Stoned Gates this a.m.? I saw an Xterra with 26.2, triathlon sticker, and some other sticker of a chick running or something. Thought it might be you. I ran 10.5 on BMB for a change and parked in the same field. Exciting!
                                That would be my car. Yep. Was I gone before you or were you gone before me? Deanna and I ran the 11.2.