Letters & Opinions

L&O Karma Thread (Read 911 times)

DavePNW

My uncle (my mom’s brother) died last month. I got a message from my cousin (his son) who was going through his stuff, and found a life insurance policy listing my mom as beneficiary. But it listed her maiden name...which she hasn’t used in 64 years. Get your shit updated, people!

Dave

Village people

My uncle (my mom’s brother) died last month. I got a message from my cousin (his son) who was going through his stuff, and found a life insurance policy listing my mom as beneficiary. But it listed her maiden name...which she hasn’t used in 64 years. Get your shit updated, people!

Oops. 
      I might have mentioned the issue with my aunt and my mom over my grandmother’s estate. My mom is officially being sued for money my uncle (who co owns the house with my aunt) supposedly owes them. I don’t understand how she could possibly be personally responsible for this just because she was executrice of the will. There is no money in the estate and it is closed. My great uncle who is executor plans on so much publicity if this goes to court that no one in the province will agree to be an executor again.

How does your mother owe those two clowns anything? People get weird over money, or the thought that there might be money to had for free.

Village people

How does your mother owe those two clowns anything? People get weird over money, or the thought that there might be money to had for free.

LOL. Pretty much. My mom has had to hire a lawyer while my cousin is using the lawyer at Culligan where he works. It is a mess.

Village people

According to Strava, 80% of people quit their NY’s resolutions by Jan13 so I am just starting mine this weekend. DD3 is on board and would only let me buy healthy snacks at the store.

mab411

Proboscis Colossus

Alec Baldwin To Be Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

Not sure how to feel about that.  Based on what's come out about the incident, I don't get the impression he was being particularly reckless, though I will say, it gives me the willies to even think about pointing a working gun at another human - if I had to do it for any reason, you can bet I'd be neurotically checking the chamber/cylinder multiple times.  But I'm neither an actor as experienced as Baldwin, nor the D.A. who's been investigating, so I'll reserve judgement except to say thinking about this incident continues to make me sad for everyone.

"God guides us on our journey, but careful with those feet." - David Lee Roth, of all people

Tar Heel Mom

kween

Alec Baldwin To Be Charged With Involuntary Manslaughter

Not sure how to feel about that.  Based on what's come out about the incident, I don't get the impression he was being particularly reckless, though I will say, it gives me the willies to even think about pointing a working gun at another human - if I had to do it for any reason, you can bet I'd be neurotically checking the chamber/cylinder multiple times.  But I'm neither an actor as experienced as Baldwin, nor the D.A. who's been investigating, so I'll reserve judgement except to say thinking about this incident continues to make me sad for everyone.

I agree. The person who loaded the gun and then told him it was cold is the one who was reckless.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

bobinpittsburgh

Lord of the Manor

I agree. The person who loaded the gun and then told him it was cold is the one who was reckless.

This is how I feel. I am open to the prosecution explaining why Alec Baldwin may be responsible, but my first thought is that he should be able to rely on what the other person told him.

If I could make a wish I think I'd pass

RunJasonRun

Same here.  As Bob says, we'll see what comes out in the courtroom, but the person in charge of ensuring that the gun was safe is the one in the wrong in my eyes.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.  

catwhoorg

Labrat

It could well be Baldwin (Producer) rather than Baldwin (Actor) who is being charged, he was wearing at least two hats there.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Tar Heel Mom

kween

That Bud Light commercial was great except in my life substitute the can of beer with a glass of wine.

alywheel

That Bud Light commercial was great except in my life substitute the can of beer with a glass of wine.

Same!! I liked that one. It was cute.

DavePNW

I would substitute almost anything for Bud Light.

There have actually been some decent commercials this year.

Dave

Tar Heel Mom

kween

The Farmer’s Dog commercial. I almost died. That’s how I spent my dog’s last night, in bed with me.

RunJasonRun

I did not watch the game, but I did go back and view the Rihianna halftime show online.  I quite liked her performance.

You got 'em.  Let the anticipation begin.