Low HR Training

"Expose Your Slow Twitchers" Daily Maffetone and/or Low-HR Training Reports (Read 23291 times)

C"aerobic machine"MON

Keep going, C!

Awesome!!!!!

ME:

1 mile MAF test

Improved over last running test by a minute. I haven't run since the last test (about a month), and have been just focusing on walking and yard work. I find if walking pace at the same HR improves, so does my running pace at MAF, even if I'm not running (except to test).

Enjoy the weekend.

--Jimmy

thanks  yes gotta keep going, I am dreaming big......

glad to hear your MAF test improved. why did you take a month off from running? 

BeeRunB

thanks  yes gotta keep going, I am dreaming big......

glad to hear your MAF test improved. why did you take a month off from running? 

Rebuilding. I had reached a point where legs didn't feel fresh, and running wasn't progressing. I felt BLAH. Stopped beating a dead horse. During the run portion last night, my legs actually felt fresh for the first time in a long time. I've also been super busy, and this feels right.  One good thing is that I'm not putting on weight, despite less time on my feet. Usually I pork up like a cow on hormonal feed. 

Slow and Steady

Good to be back. After 2 weeks in which I ran a marathon and 2 very hilly 15km trail runs (one of which was a race), I liked the comfort zone of running at 121-131 bpm. Ran one of my usual routes this morning (4.8 mi) and what the what? I ran it over a minute faster than my previous best. My first half was at an 11:46 pace. Supercompensation? Benefits of some anaerobic? Whatever. I'll take it!

Eric S.

Trail Mix ||| dailymile ||| RA log

Goals: 50km, 50-miler, 100km, 100-miler

BeeRunB

Nice, Eric.

TODAY:

1 hour walk with aerobic intervals at MAF.

--Jimmy

Rebuilding. I had reached a point where legs didn't feel fresh, and running wasn't progressing. I felt BLAH. Stopped beating a dead horse. During the run portion last night, my legs actually felt fresh for the first time in a long time. I've also been super busy, and this feels right.  One good thing is that I'm not putting on weight, despite less time on my feet. Usually I pork up like a cow on hormonal feed. 

just curious, what mileage did you have when your legs didn't feel fresh?

it sounds a bit paradoxical but I also found that a bit of intensity can work for that, marathon pace or faster for a couple miles, or maybe 2-3 half mile long intervals at tempo pace, so nothing crazy overall but it can fix the legs when they feel a bit sluggish.

as long as the sluggishness is not due to doing too much, sure. but my overall point is that overtraining is only one of the possible reasons.

and when it's actually overreaching that causes the issue, I find that cutting the mileage down to a safe - tried and proven - level works well without having to lose fitness by missing several days or weeks.

anyway you know best what works for you. happy running! 

Slow and Steady

Ran my hilly route today and for the second day in a row, blow a previous best time out of the water (this time by almost 2 minutes). I'm really wondering if it isn't that anaerobic stuff I've done the past couple weeks. No complaints! Smile Except that it rained a lot before and after my run but not during the hour I was on the road. Dang. I love the rain.

Eric S.

Trail Mix ||| dailymile ||| RA log

Goals: 50km, 50-miler, 100km, 100-miler

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Hi, guys.  I have been traveling for my race and back, and then work has been busy, bah.

I did OK on the marathon but had some asthma issues, so I ended up coming in 16 minutes slower than I wanted.  So, more MAF to take care of this asthma like last time.

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

Runnerclay 50k. What was I thinking! Pitch dark, trail, seen and unseen creatures not a good mix for a city dweller. Goal 42 miles.

Run until the trail runs out.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

http://bkclay.blogspot.com/

RunpowerMax

@runnerclay: how did your 50K go??

@ docket: which marathon did you run?

I ran the edinburgh marathon last sunday. Was foggy at first and hot after half an hour. Grrrrr all wrong :-) But I finished with average HR of 145 and a run/walk/run ratio of 2/30

BeeRunB

walked 50 minutes, 17:00 pace at 120 bpm

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Runpower, I ran the Surfer's Path marathon.  I wrote an RR which you can see in my blog (link on my sig) if you want to read.

Clay, hope it went well.

Hi, guys.  Took a week off post marathon and restarted Monday with an 8 @ 143HR, very nice Maf run.  Then, I tried mile intervals last night and got an asthma attack.  I think I need a pure MAF session through my next marathon to see if that can help.  My asthma has been bad lately.

SRD or a run with hubby tonight.

Damaris

RunpowerMax

@ rocket: sounds like a day with some problems :-( i had trouble during the M as well. But... did you check out the powerbreath training? It really hlps with the asthma!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

@ rocket: sounds like a day with some problems :-( i had trouble during the M as well. But... did you check out the powerbreath training? It really hlps with the asthma!

I saw the links you shared but I have been so busy with work, I totally forgot!

Damaris

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

5.2 miles HR 93/ 107

Deleted  25 blog post. Need help recovering them!

Damaris great race report.  Congrats.

SCHEDULE 2016--

The pain that hurts the worse is the imagined pain. One of the most difficult arts of racing is learning to ignore the imagined pain and just live with the present pain (which is always bearable.) - Jeff

unsolicited chatter

runnerclay

Consistently Slow

10 miles HR 120 / 133

Damaris I am on Eblog. Will look for solutions his weekend.

SCHEDULE 2016--

unsolicited chatter