Masters Running

Today we sing "Happy Birthday" to Twocat (Read 319 times)

Mariposai

To our "King of Patience" on his memorable 50th birthday!

Here is to wish you, a fun filled next 50 years!!!!

I was going to make you a banana de oro cake, but I ran out of time...so I baked this blueberries pie for you instead.

My biggest birthday wish for you is to see you start running again. I would give up the 50 fun miles I ran last week for just one simple mile run by you.

Happy day to you  my dear mentor and friend!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

SteveP

Happy Birthday Two Cat. You are a much respected member of this forum.

SteveP

PBJ

Marathon Iowa 2014

The big five oh.  Hope you can enjoy the new age group soon.

Happy birthday, Twocat.  I hope you have a good one. 

TomS

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Woo Hoo - the big FIVE-OH!!!    Happy Birthday TwoCAT - I baked you a cake!!  Big grin

Enjoy!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Maniac 505

Happy Five OH.  eat lots of cake, and I hope this year sees you putting in some great miles.

remember,  calories don't count today.

50 - the official start of "second childhood." Happy birthday Twocat. Here's hoping that your patience and great attitude is rewarded with lots of running miles this year.  Here' a toast to Mr. Muffin!!!
                Tramps

New age group!  Sweet!

Happy birthday!

You can wine all you want today.

Be safe. Be kind.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

50 - the official start of "second childhood." Happy birthday Twocat.  

That's assuming he left the first one  I know I haven't.  Even though I'm older than Twocat, I have no plans to.

Have a great day!!!

Two cats cake by niknipscakes

Not EXACTLY sure who Iris is, but enjoy the cake and the day.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

I'd bake you some muffins, but, well, you'd do it better......

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

wildchild

Carolyn

Happy Birthday, Twocat!  Live long and prosper!

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

Right after Mariposai asked me when my birthday was and I foolishly told her I knew it was a mistake as this thread would be the result!  Thank you all for the birthday wishes.  This is a great group and it is a pleasure to hang out with all of you.

I do want to point out, as others have, that one of the great things about racing is that turning 50 is not so bad.  Actually it is pretty good!  My more sedentary friends have said things like, "How are you taking turning 50?"  Like you might ask somebody, "How are you taking the loss of both arms and legs."  But little do they know!  My answer is always, "Oh it is not so bad."  My DW usually jumps in with that I am actually looking forward to it because it puts me in a new racing AG!  It sure does!  Let me see, my BQ time jumps to 3:35 and I can qualify for the NYC marathon on time with either a 3:30 full or a 1:35 half!  Best of all I am now at the young end of my age group and so might even have a chance to pick up a trophy this year!  Yes, I am planning to run again and when that happens I plan to get some hardware someplace even if I have to go to a trophy shop and buy it!

Thank you again all for the birthday wishes and virtual cakes!

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

dg.

Happy Birthday my feline friend....

I'm so glad you've stayed with us.    I'd give you more cake but maybe you have enough for now....

so looking ahead a bit...  

two cats running!! 

:-)

Twocat, this thread is great for the photos! but also great that you plan on getting out there to win some hardware this year.  I'd like nothing more than to see that.

"During a marathon, I run about two-thirds of the time. That's plenty." - Margaret Davis, 85 Ed Whitlock regarding his 2:54:48 marathon at age 73, "That was a good day. It was never a struggle."

Happy Birthday Twocat! You'll get that hardware and not through a purchase----It'll happen and you'll be burning up the roads again.