Masters Running

Do You Know What Day it Is? The WEDNESDAY 10/18 Daily! (Read 40 times)

I may not be running but I am still a day ahead of you!  This is the WEDNESDAY thread if you are still so Tuesday get out of here and post where you belong!

I have not run since the marathon. Surprise! My legs were sore and tired on Monday. Then tired yesterday. Today? We will see. DW and I are going on a tour of a place called kangaroo island. I am guessing there are kangaroos there.  It is via a 4WD vehicle so I am not sure if I need to walk much.

We are leaving soon, so just a few minutes for shout outs.

coastwalker have you finished your Tuesday dinner yet? 

mrrun just what everyone needs a ceramic wig curler.

tomwhite good luck with the pre-op appointment.

fatozzig welcome back! I bet you wish you could avoid a pile of work to go with that.

Henrun congratulations on making it 6 miles.

Tramps in CT during the winter the bikers are forced inside. Can you bike in the winter where you are?

rochrunner I have done things like that. Even showed up for meetings a week early or late. 

RunnerKSA why do they need to take fingerprints over and over again? It is not like they change. They cannot just forward an old set?

SPUNKY57 92 miles for errands!!!  That is rough.

Quickadder for real fun try navigating RA and posting via cell phone. 

Holly S. one thing I really, really hate about the fall is that winter is coming! 

Jlynne I have discovered my new normal is sometimes temporary. Alas, sometimes faster, sometimes slower.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

catwhoorg

Labrat

Heck I haven't even finished my Tuesday workday yet ....

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

Someone's got to do something about this TwoCat guy! And I'm not coming back here until it really is tomorrow... 

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I've been traveling enough that I'm not sure what day it is anyway. Just what I need is to get tc confuse me more.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

If you get enough cards done at once you don’t have to go back for fingerprints, but we ran out.  We got 5 cards this time.

WTF- it’s not Wednesday in my world!!!!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

coastwalker

Morning’ (really!) everyone.

Twocat, I was just enjoying the last morsel of dessert when I ready your Wednesday post.

Tuesday’s workouts:
              Jlynne (5.2 morning miles under the stars + 18 holes of golf with the girls)
              Quickadder (5 miles at 5AM with DD in 50° temps and low H)
              Spunky57 (6 morning miles + 20 stadium stir reps)
              RunnerKSA (5.8 TM miles, including 3.5 early and 2.3 post-work)
              Pfriese (EZ 15 morning, round town miles)
              Rochrunner (24 morning bike miles, including coffee & donuts)
              Tramps (21 lunchtime bike miles with Tribee on a beautiful, blustery day)
              Henrun (6 miles in tights - longest run in over a year)
              Fatozzig (30 min/2 mile foggy morning walk/run)
              Tomwhite (40 min. PoolRun with letters)
              Marj (biked to archeological cross-training)
              Tet (partly-rainy, 5-mile morning ‘mute)

Catwhoorg (5 EZ lunchtime miles + 8 hilly post-work miles)

Wildchild (11.5 neighborhood miles on dirt, with some redirection)

Falconfixer (8.5 lunchtime track miles, including 6 X 800 intevals at good pace)

Metalmancpa (s&e 8.3 miles at (9:07 pace)

Evanflein (4.6 EZ evening miles with temps in the 30s and some slippage)

Jlynne, I’m glad the Y-work is paying off.

I’m glad that lots of you seem to be experiencing and enjoying some refreshingly-cool weather.

Stadium stair repeats are tough but good, Spunky. Good for you for taking them on.

I’m glad you finally got to rain-run, Tet.

Take care of those quads, Mariposai.

Some good training and recovery runs yesterday - nice work!

I was on my feet (at my stand-up desk) and on my laptop all day yesterday and I didn’t like it all that much, even though I got a lot checked-off. Thank goodness I have 3 meetings today!

6.5 moderate RW, predawn miles in 44° breezy temps, and under clear, moonless skies. All the body parts seemed to be working fine.

Have a greta Wednesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

4.1 miles to start the day. If I do some more after work (although we have a house guest) I might catch the bunny.   MTA  2.2 miles on the treadmill after work, so I'm .3 ahead of the bunny.

Thanks for the 2 recaps!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Dave59

I knew yesterday was going to be long/tough at work so I got up at 5:00 to fit in a run first. Less than a mile into the run, my left calf started hurting again. This time the lower part of the calf.  So I finished up a mile and went on into work for an 11 hour day.

This morning I was back at the gym for 45 minutes on the ARC trainer which doesn't seem to bother my calf. I guess I am stuck with that for a while again. I did a week of that a couple weeks ago and then seemed to be ok running.  Even ran 12 over the weekend.  4 miles on Monday went fine too.

Oh well, it's not that bad.

Tramps

Forgot to post... exercises and 2.5 -mile run today.

2cat--hardcore riders bundle up and ride through much of the winter...as long as the snow holds off. I'm not sure what I'm going to do yet.

Be safe. Be kind.

pfriese

11.3 around town miles.

Paul

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I've been traveling enough that I'm not sure what day it is anyway. Just what I need is to get tc confuse me more.

wait'l you retire and the only way to know what day it is is to check the daily caption, . . .  and hope 2cat isn't still on the other side of the dateline or there's an inadvertent misque.

With running barefoot serving to strengthen the muscles of the feet so much, some of us joked that we could even run a marathon in high heels and, in addition to flipflop thongs, straw sandals (waraji), wooden sandals (geta), tabi-socks, jikatabi, ballet toe pads, aquasocks, garden clogs, loafers, etc., we sometimes joke about high heels but, not having any, never tried.  Now a retired dancer turned runner actually did it! http://www.miamiherald.com/news/nation-world/national/article179243991.html

Even though yesterday's so-called "The Dark" has become "The Big Dark" of rain clouds supposedly stretching across the Pacific from China to here in the PNW, it didn't materialize this morning yet so the mile-and-a-half across the bridge in a brief downfall yesterday will have to suffice for determining whether or not I'm still a rain runner.  Maybe tomorrow. We'll see.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

DAW60

Good afternoon, masters.

The hip and knee have been complaining about increased mileage, so 30 minutes elliptical during lunch yesterday.  Got out for 5 miles during lunch today at 7:53 avg, starting with 7:59 and ending with 7:29.  It is frustrating to realize my fastest splits on recent road runs are slower than the average pace of my slowest marathon.  At least I'm getting my weight back under control.  Weight had crept up about 5 pounds during the last year and a half while dealing with knee and hip. 

Henrun

Summer is back for a day or two, Lots of walking and a yoga session to alleviate a bit of stiffness from yesterday’s 6 miler. I’vebeen doing yoga once a week and find that the stretching helps with flexibility and seems to keep me injury free combined with daily stretches post knee replacement (1 year yesterday). I only wish Ihad a bit more spee- but maybe that will come in time- when I’m 90 perhaps😎

....w0w......Nashville traffic is BRUTAL.......

just got back,

sometimes

it's easy to forget how Lucky we are,

this will be my 2nd Surgery ever

and the Nurses and Docs were very encouraging.......

so then of course

I had to tell them I only had 2-cavities>>>>>>>>> and Pickles kicked me under the table

shoulda known

not to Show Off

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

No run again - 4 days in a row, but think my body needed to recoup from this cough. Took Walgreens version of NyQuil cough 2 nights in a row and as much as I hate taking all this crap, I really slept!! Today had a 2 hour MFR/massage that felt great and a 2 hour nap this afternoon!!

Keep the healing coming - MCM is 4 days away!!

Henrun you are awesome!!

Yesterday morning felt like winter was bumping out fall, but today summer took over again!! Weather is crazy - I want to wear calf sleeves for MCM, but afraid it will get too warm as I get in the higher miles. Supposed to start in the 50's but by the 4 hour mark be in the 70's - I am not anticipating finishing in much under 5 hours with they way I have felt lately.

denise