Masters Running

Tuesdaily, June 25, 2019 (Read 41 times)

Joe618

Goooooooooood morning, Masters Runners!   Wow, an eventful (and not all positive) Monday for this group. 

The Rough

dnaff has a pipe break in an upstairs bathroom which messes up the bedroom and the basement.   Oh my!  So sorry for all that damage and the subsequent repair work.

Erica (evanflien) gets bad news about her finger...a spiral fracture on her right pinky finger and more work ahead to put it right, more than likely.   So sorry this happened in a race to boot.   Ouch.

Spacityrunner is planning for her surgery.

The Fun

Marj and Henry are celebrating his 197th birthday on Cape Cod with family.

Leslie checks in with fun daily graphics and new perfume.

HopesMom analyzes shoe design and it's effect on the scientific process.

Tramps defeats the flu and introduces us to Jason Isbell

TwoCat checks in,

Tet reminds us of his Alaska days.

Mariposi reminds us why we like each other and running!!

The Run

Jay's ankle is behaving, so he got out for 5.6 miles and even fewer weeds.

Stumpy got in 12 miles but is not callous about his callus.

AnneB got in 3.3 miles and analyzed Chicago dew points for us.

RunnerKSA got in 5.2 Pocono miles and put forth even better effort with a friend in need.  Cool how many came together to help

BioGuy resurfaces from a tsunami of Biology AP exam papers...wow!!  5.1 amoeba-free miles for him.

Paul gets is normal 6 miles to the park and ponders the busy-ness of retirement.   I hear that a lot

Holly is out for 5.05 miles and oozes empathy for all.

TomWhite gets in 65 minutes at the soccer fields.

Leslie walks nearly an hour as well and is well informed.

Dave59 gets in 3 early miles and a mid-day haircut.

Falcon does 7.7 mid-day, humid Alabama miles...yikes...and is now TDY, which I think is a military thing.

Mike returns from Alaska after a successful trip and gets in 4 miles.

SurlyBill gets in 7.5 quick trail miles.

I had quite a case of the Slowsky's this morning.   Got in 3 miles of run/walk/shuffle.   My left leg just felt "empty"...very asymmetric, as the right leg felt fine.  Perhaps I slept on it funny, I don't know.  So, went slower and shorter than normal.

Rock the day everyone!!

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

What a great recap, Joe!  We have some serious talent here!

Travel is just tiring.  No way around it.   Not the result from the College World Series game 1 that we wanted for Vanderbilt.  I watched the game on the plane (through the 5th inning then we landed) and it was stressful.  We need to win tonight and tomorrow now or it's over.  Michigan just played better last night.

3.1 muggy miles this morning.  I tricked myself out the door for "just a mile- at least" and managed to do the 5K. I kept up with work pretty well while I was gone-  I pretty much have to- but today will still be hard.     Later, y'all.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

....Wishing henrun yet another Happy B'Day in case this is going to turn into a Weekly Thing.....

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

bioguy

5 miles for me this morning; it was already hot at 7:30. I painted the risers on my front porch steps yesterday and did some pruning. Today I may power wash the deck to get ready for staining. In reality, I'd like to lay around and goof off.

Tailwinds!

Marathon Maniac #957

....Wishing henrun yet another Happy B'Day in case this is going to turn into a Weekly Thing.....

4.6 miles for me today in 66 degrees.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

anneb

Thanks for recapping, Joe.

5.8 sunny forest preserve miles for me this morning. Cooler (63), and less humid (at least for a day )

Busy work day in progress, which includes a group dim sum lunch (yum!). Something I generally only eat a few of times a year...

Have a great Tuesday all.

Anne

Singer who runs a smidge

Hey folks!

Sorry to hear about Erika's injury and dnaff's pipe!!  As I often say, "Life is never dull".  Which is sometimes followed by "A little dull would be nice once in a while!"  Yoga and biking done today, walk coming later.  New shoes and hiking poles arrive on Friday, but I'm not sure DH and I can get up early enough on Saturday to try out the poles before it gets too hot for Dusty.  Since I got my CPAP I'm usually up by around 7:30, but DH sleeps a bit longer on Saturdays.  We'll see ...

Our homeowner's insurance company did some kind of "outer house inspection" pretty much without our knowledge -- I suspect they sent us a letter and we never opened it.  Well, now they're saying there's an issue we need to fix before they will renew our insurance (which I think is in November).  But they won't tell us what it is until we call them.  I turned the whole thing over to DH.  I can't imagine what they think the problem is, but I'm sure it's going to cost us $$ somehow. 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

coastwalker

Howdy,

Thanks for the start/recap, Joe. Sorry about the Slowskys, but at least you were out there.

Welcome home, KSA. Sorry about the ball game outcome. Good job of tricking yourself this morning.

Belated 'welcome back,' Bioguy. Nice early run in the heat.

Nice runs, Holly and anneb.

I hope the insurance issue is minor, HopesMom.

5.2 EZ walking miles this AM on that ankle that is wonkly again. After a quick breakfast at our favorite dive with DW, I had a morning meeting, and then a conference call. Now it's almost noon. Another conference call this afternoon and an evening meeting makes for a bookended day.

Have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Our homeowner's insurance company did some kind of "outer house inspection" pretty much without our knowledge -- I suspect they sent us a letter and we never opened it.  Well, now they're saying there's an issue we need to fix before they will renew our insurance (which I think is in November).  But they won't tell us what it is until we call them.  I turned the whole thing over to DH.  I can't imagine what they think the problem is, but I'm sure it's going to cost us $$ somehow. 

That just sounds sneaky!

Speaking of insurance, evidently we're losing our homeowners and car insurance by the end summer 'cause the insurance has too many insureds in CA (or maybe it was Humboldt.  I don't remember).  We're not the only ones.  Everyone insured by CIG in our area is losing their insurance.  Our agent said her office is working their butts off to find something comparable.  I like CIG.  The rate were reasonable and in the couple of times we had to deal with them for car issues, they were great.

2Kitty - I sure am sorry you're going through this stuff.  Hope the 2nd shot helps the back.

Tramps - Thanks for the Jason Isbell recommendation.  He's now on my Pandora.

Did my 16 min (okay, 16.5 min) of uneven ground walking after work yesterday.  No problems.  If things keep improving at this rate, I might try to up the increase in increments by 2 min.  This a.m. was an hour of core/ST on legs deliciously tired from yesterday's speed walk session.

Okay.  Back it.  Enjoy ~~

Image result for tuesday funny images

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

That happened to us also Leslie - I have progressive for auto and used to have them for home. Then due to frequency of wildfires and the at-risk area we live in, the homeowners part of progressive dropped all plans in our region. Had to go with a different insurance company - Pemco - who gave us really good rates. It's unfortunate that an insurance company can just withdraw on a dime from an entire area if they feel their exposure to people making claims is too high. but they are only in it for the money afterall - not to actually insure and help people if they have a loss. 

Will run after work tonight.  Hoping to hear an update from Liz about how she's feeling post-surgery. I hear it went well, so that's good news.

Tammy

...Love that picture fatozzig.....

==========

85-degrees

...snuck in

65-min RC at relatively still soggy soccerfields......

Pharmacy Buddy

gets in this afternoon

so

may be offline rest of week

..............Good Running to Ya.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

I mowed the lawn...on a riding mower. Hey, it's something!

Shower, lunch, and now back to bed for awhile. I'm pacing myself.

Keeping an eye on you all, though.

Be safe. Be kind.

dg.

As usual, so much to comment on!

Henry & I are almost birthday twins, so I've been meaning to wish him a well deserved happy bday #2.   happy birthday Henry!

What a beautiful family.  You 2 always make me happy.

dnaff... argh.  I hope it all gets taken care of and there are not lingering issues from all of the water.

Tramps I'm glad you're on the mend.

KSA, that was so kind of you.

Holly, did you say Erika's MIL loves baby goats?  am thinking there's something behind that but don't know what.  I do too, they're adorable.  They boing..   Couldn't see these, though they posted their names.  Great names, too.  Maybe next time I'll call them.

I hope you had a good trip.

oh... kay.  Speaking of Erika.  and tripping!   I am so sorry!!!!!   just not fair.   yes please get it checked out!   and I have 2 running bras which fasten in front.  not my favorite, but better than nothing & I think Peter would be happy to help.

a little more re tripping,   jumping on the bandwagon with anne & erika.   5.5 this morning in absolutely beautiful weather!  and finally decided on a plan (shifting again) a mix of 2 which are close enough, that was a relief!

A couple of miles in, my toe caught a lip on the sidewalk & I landed almost full frontal, but didn't hit my chin!  knee & hands are pretty scraped, did something to my hallux rigidus toe so I'm limping just a tiny bit.  think I may have broken a rib, but probably just barely. hurts to breathe & laugh but I've done it before (when I had a broken leg which made it even better!) & it was much worse that time.  have done all of this before but much worse, now that I think about it, so this was really ok.  Funny thing was about 5 minutes earlier I'd been thinking about Erika, & how much I wish she hadn't had such a bad fall.   So again, perspective!

Kevin how's your ring toe?

back to work.  be well, all!

pfriese

Thanks for the start Joe.

It was a warm, muggy, & foogy for an early 7.1 miles (1.5 wu, 3x1600m at 8K pace with 600m rec, 1.5 mile cool down) this morning.

Paul

Absolutely!,! Life should be one big birthday bash🥂.

My MIL's philosophy, exactly!

Erika, so sorry about your injury. Looking back on your day-after description, I guess that a "jammed" finger wouldn't have hurt as much as you described there. Nice that you were able to tough it out, though. Were you a hockey player or something?

dnaff, water damage from the upper level is the worst! I've heard of plumbing issues on upstairs laundry rooms, frozen pipes overhead, and my brother's apartment in NYC was water damaged when the fire department put out a fire in the apartment above him. I assume your insurance will cover it?

Really nice day here again with low humidity, gusty breezes, and clouds scudding across the sky. Since I'm relegated to biking for a while (not that I mind it!), I rode 26.8 miles with the usual Tuesday group. I had expected more issues with the wind, but being gusty rather than steady it really wasn't bad except for a couple of short stretches going directly into it in the open on the way back.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"