Masters Running

Fantastic Friday 11/16/18 (Read 36 times)

SteveP

RunnerKSA gets in an early 3.1. There's a little monkey business in the air.

Holly pumps out 5 on the treadmill and has a bonding afternoon with DD.

Steve. Do you wear your 'baklava'?

Occasionally down he front of my shirt and not often enough for my satisfaction.

Coastwalker churns out 4.4 before he kicks us to the Rhode.

Steve. Any updates on flower lady?

I've been minding my own, keeping the my office door shut. The lady left a job to join a circus.

Jlynne bundles up for 4 3/4. And...she gets a sugar coated offer.

Fatozzig stomps out 2 - 4 -6 -8 ..adding up to 2.25.

TomWhite may become bitter over the temps. Using the Nordic Trak has just a touch of irony.

Joe618 gobbles up lunch at work.

PFriese cleans up with a solid 6.

Henrun pumps out 2. He's handing down the gavel to some fresh meat.

Surly Bill has some smokey weather. Ugh.

Buehrle is back on the treadmill!! 35 minuets!!! BAM!

MikeE checks in while fighting a bug.

Falconfixer kicks @$$ for 6.06. He and I may work for the same company, however, I don't recall bumping into him between the coffee pot and rest rooms.

Runr_nut sweats out 4.5.

Tetsujin209 cycles around with his insurance company and would be justified in having a chip on his shoulder over a chip out of a window.

Evanflein chills while having her ups and downs on a Alaskan 5.7 mile run.

SteveP

Thanks, Steve.   I am just sick about the devastation from the California fires. I'm so sorry for all affected and especially for the lives lost.

3.4 miles on the treadmill.  Low HR fail.  I took some cold meds last night and my heart rate was high this morning (not to mention dry mouth) from the very beginning.   I couldn't go slow enough to get the HR where I wanted it, so I just gave up, stayed slow and watched a TV show.

Thanksgiving feast at work today.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

...Good One steve//..........I have been a little Irony Impaired as of late.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Occasionally down he front of my shirt and not often enough for my satisfaction.

Do you have Greek heritage in your bloodline Steve?

Feel better KSA. Maybe some turkey and dressing will help your cold.

How are you doing Tom? Still soaking your toothbrush in Listerine? I hope you're on the upswing with that crud you had.

5.45 miles this morning. Downright balmy at 32° and no wind. I finished up with 20 minutes of core and stretching. I have personal training on Thursday afternoons so Friday I'm always sore and achy.  Lots of squats and kettle bells in yesterday's workout.

The Packers stink. DH was hollering at the TV last night. <sigh>

Good morning everyone,

Having to work from home today as  my office is all torn up putting new flooring, painting etc. I was actually going to take a rest day but forgot at about a mile into my run then at about 2 miles nature started to call, finished up with 3.5 cheek clinching miles!

Happy running!

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

43°

2 walking miles

Met Jane and Tricia and Mike and Bruce but they walked faster than Steve and Marty and the r.s. and I.

Beautiful clear morning. We could not figure out what the astronomical bright light was in the south east sky. Planet? Star? The r.s. tried using his night sky app to no avail.

I will skip my 35 and 35 and Cybex circuit today. I can't fit that routine into my day. 0530 walk and talk. 0700 mass. (reader today). Then groceries.

Wonder boy and lilmissrosie are en route!

But. I am skipping the workout because I am giving blood at 1100. Easy to do seeing as the Red Cross is setting up at the high school.

Congratulations Wilma Wonka! Can't wait to hear some chocolate covered stories from your factory. Maybe you can get PBJ some fizzy lifting drinks!

Steve. You are clever. Tomwhite, thanks for giving him fodder. 😁

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Quick fly-by.  I came in 2nd at Bonkos last night.  Sweet!

Here's a feel-good story from the Paradise disaster re a cross country runner from Paradise High School.  These types of stories are definitely needed.  The store that donated gear is the Jogg 'N Shoppe.  It's been a fixture in the local running community for a few decades now.  Gabe and the Chico High kids are staying with Gabe's grandparents here in Humboldt County and training.

Later ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

TammyinGP

that's a great story Leslie. thanks for sharing that.  you may have seen the story that is starting to be aired about the woman who was giving birth/just having her csection completed when the hospital in paradise was evacuated. that is my friend's niece. what a horrifying experience she went through but thankfully they are all safe.

quick run at the track last night and no running today.

making my grocery shopping list for turkey day and planning on doing that after work today to avoid the rush next week.  The college-man will be home next Wed for a 5 day weekend. so looking forward to seeing him!   Hard to believe he'll be finishing up his first trimester soon. He registered for 2nd tri classes last night but I haven't talked with him yet so unsure what kind of classes he's taking.

back to work!

Tammy

Tammy - Amidst all the horror there are so many amazing stories of survival, people working together to save one another.  It truly is amazing.

Leslie
                    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Really Great Story fatozzig.......sounds like Good Kid......

===========

40-min PoolRun/shoes

........off to knoxville tomorrow for Early ThanksGiving....

.........Wishing you Good Work-Outs.......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

pfriese

A beautiful autumn day here, it was perfect for another easy 6 mile run around the park.

Paul

spacityrunner

Rest day for me. I volunteered at the spa running festival packet pick up and they assigned me to the spa squirt pick up.  So many little kids running tomorrow. It was a great assignment 😀

Trails Rock!

Joe618

Good day here, as I attended our DIL #1 defending her PhD thesis at Purdue this morning.   She did an awesome job presenting the research and got the approval of her committee...all good, she collects her degree at the December commencement.   Impressive to get a PhD while raising three teenagers.

No actual  running today but I talked running...had a work colleague here all week from his home base in Denmark.   He wants to run the Chicago Marathon, which I've done 3 times and told him all about it.   He invited me to run the Copenhagen Marathon with him in May...would be a good follow on to Boston...I'm seriously thinking about it, especially after he told me how to find a cheap flight out of Chicago.

Good stories all.   Hope you fight off that bug, Mike.    And many multi-layer mittens emerge out of our combined closets....

Running is fun...and we remember these fires are truly life and death.   Perspective.

Joe

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.   

Marathon Maniac #957

Howdy Folks.

DD has finally reached the age when she realizes that wearing coats is a good thing, so I took her shopping this afternoon and got her two winter coats, a long very warm padded coat and a shorter jacket. Good to see she's finally getting some sense in her head...

I also went to the grocery and got most of my Thanksgiving groceries purchased before the big rush. I know I will still have to go back and get a few items but the bulk of it is done thankfully.

Lazy day otherwise, when it comes to workouts, but I hope to do a medium ish run tomorrow. The foot is feeling much better and I have continued my Google inspired PT exercises. I see the expert on Monday.

My dad had his cancer surgery today at the Cleveland Clinic, to remove his bladder and prostate. Apparently it went well and he is in recovery now. I feel fortunate to have such great medical treatment in Ohio. My father-in-law, unfortunately, has had a return of his brain tumor. I am less confident about the treatment he is receiving in Wyoming.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly- I'm glad your Dad's surgery went well and best wishes for a smooth recovery.  Sorry about  your father in law, though.

2 miles on the treadmill after work so 5.4 for the day.  Meeting up with some RA friends who are here for Monkey in the morning for a short run and breakfast (SrLopez and knifey) (and my daughter). 

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth