Masters Running

Tuesday, June 22 daily (Read 542 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good morning!

Major storms rolled through last night and we had one very scared dog (momma Hailey).   We've never seen her quite this worked up and shaking.   I finally got up and laid on the family room floor with all 4 dogs surrounding me.   2 of which were snoring, one kept licking me and Hailey finally settled down in the darkened room.  Needless to say, not much sleep, so no running.      I'll be needing a few wake up calls at work today. 

Our neighbor brought over a bag of fresh Walleye filets last night, so I know what I'll be cooking up for dinner tonight! 

Cheers everyone!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

...mornin' hopeful//.....it's True Confessions Time.....

..didn't get in a workout last night,,,,,,,,,ANOTHER poolparty........drat//////

who knew they did these things?????

12 years olds EVERYWHERE....

...................kids in the lanes with Noodles (not a ShareTheLane Opportunity)

I just got back in the car.

..20min xbike standing,

''hopefully'' a poolrun tonite

........................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

I look my best blurry!

Caught a walleye once and it scared the crap out of me.  I hope they taste better than they look.  Couldn't get the darn thing off my hook fast enough!

I'm going to run, nice and easy, for 45 min.  My legs still sore and I have a long run tomorrow.  I might do a little pool running too, Tom.  It is a great workout without the pounding.  Jump in everyone!    

All my running will probably have to come after another trip to the surgery center today.  My son's splint came off on Sunday and his nose is still crooked.   We went to the doc yesterday and they decided to give it another try.  I guess on side of his nose is fairly intact and the other side is crushed to smithereens (how do you spell that?).  If this doesn't work, he will have to wait until he is done growing and then have plastic surgery.  I think he is still in the process of learning his lesson the hard way.  Ugh.  

Look on the bright side, Wannabe...maybe your son will learn not to turn up his nose at Walleyed Pike.

Sorry. bad one. Your smithereens comment made me flinch. I do hope your son recovers speedily.

4 easy this AM.  Walt

Good Morning folks----92 minutes of running for me at 5:30 am in and around Piedmont Park in Atlanta---30 minutes easy, 30 minutes hard and pushing the pace, and 32 minutes easy and back to the hotel. Run felt great even with my sweaty footprints. eeeuuuuww.

Caffeinating now and into my execu-drag soon.

Hang in there wannaberunner, this isn't easy, but I bet your son will come out of this fine and stronger. Breathe Mom, breathe!

lamerunner

Good morning. No major storms here, but it is cooler than yesterday morning and not as sunny, so the running wa a bit easier. Just 6.5 fairly easy pace this morning.

8 miles yesterday morning in warm and too sunny conditions, then walk home from a brutal day of work after I let DD take my car.

Might try to get a swim in later though the normal pool is closed this week for maintenance so the logistics are harder. We shall see.

Good running to everyone!

I look my best blurry!

Look on the bright side, Wannabe...maybe your son will learn not to turn up his nose at Walleyed Pike.

Sorry. bad one. Your smithereens comment made me flinch. I do hope your son recovers speedily.

4 easy this AM.  Walt

You were correct about your joke.  But I'm laughing at you!  Thanks for that!  

Yesterday was the first time I had the "crushed" report.  Thought of asking to see x-rays and then thought, Naaah!  Ugh.

Surgery is at 11:00.  Just waiting, and waiting, and waiting.  Wannarun and not sit.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Good morning!

Karin.. Are youstaying downtown near CNN? Circling Olympic Park is exactly 0.8 miles of rolling hills (as you know)

Hot one again. In fact, our forecast is 97 Tue, Wed and Thur with humidity increasing each day.

2 miles EZ run with the dogs. PRAL (Pool Running At Lunch)

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Good morning all.

Mary--never had walleye, but I hear they taste as good as perch (NOT Steve )--and I LOVE fresh perch fillets, nicely fried.

3.8 for me this morning on the first day of "taper".  But I think I'll be putting a real taper's worth of psychosis into this week.  Various things feel twingey and I have the weather reports on constantly.  To add to the fun, I get to go to NC for 2 days starting tomorrow and hang out in 95º to get my electrical contractors started on our project down there.  Then back for a "relaxing" day at work on Friday and drive to Maine that night.  The race is about an hour further north, so will need to be on the road by 5:30am.  I'm really looking forward to that.

Happy runs to all that follow.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Marathon Maniac #957

Enke – you mean you would be an 11-12 minute runner.....being a runner is a state of mind, not dependent on pace....

Dg – re my knee – at the end of my Saturday LR my right knee started to hurt, in the back of the knee on the outside, both above and below the bend.  Didn’t seem like much, but enough that I stopped a mile short of my goal that day.  Sunday I was reduced to walking after 3.5 miles, because I could no longer run without limping.  No pain at all walking, though.  I took Monday off running and today, well, I don’t know.  Strangely, the other knee now has the same pain, but less.  Today both knees were a little achy during my run, still in the back at the outside, but nothing severe or sharp and I was able to run without feeling like it was getting worse.  Who knows?  Might just be slight muscle strain from the hillwork last week and today.  Sometimes it’s hard to tell if it’s “good pain” from a tough workout or “dangerous pain" from an injury in the making.

{{{Wannabe’s DS}}}

Stumpy – you will do great!

9 miles for me today, including 6 x 3 minutes of strong & steady-effort-up-steep-hill, with slow jogs downhill in between.

I'm debating on doing a 1-mile race tomorrow night.  It's only $3 for me, free for both kids, and I've never done a 1-mile race.  On the other hand, it's supposed be in the 90's, and my knees are being creaky.  Plus, since I've been doing no speedwork lately, I know I may will be depressed at my slow pace......still, it might be fun to go anyway, and possibly just not run it all-out....hmmmm...

Happy Tuesday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

Perch.....Nice to see you !

Mary.....we have a big coward too when it comes to storms. One time she managed to get under our bed but then couldn't get out. We had to lift the mattress and box springs off the frame to free her.

6 miles.....2.5 of that in intervals......humid, sultry, sticky and labored intervals.

More storms today.

Lets Run !

Mariposai

Holly, a $3 race would be hard to pass. I would say go for it, but do't use the result as an indication of your fitness level.

Tramps, were are you? Any update on my Mrs.Tramps tri-training...how can I be a cheerleader for her if I don't get any updates on her whereabouts?

If Perchcreeck is going to PRAL I am seriously thinking to PRAW (pool running after work) The local swimming pool is open for adult swim from 5 to 6 and I think I will pay the pool a visit today.

Stumpy, good luck this weekend. Have fun in NC.

Eliz, how is our marathon training plan coming along?

For my wings-Yesterday: 4 miles walk.

TodayBlush am so glad I was up early this morning so I can fit in my running before the sun came up. It was already hot and humid at 5am. 2 miles to the track, 4x800ms at a faster pace with 400m intervals, then 2 miles back home. 

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Avenger Doggie

protector of my dad

Mary, Tell Hailey not to feel sad. Rachey,( that you seed when we went run run run together), KK and Tony are bye bye in the camper. They got scared and called Dad at 2:40 AM and waked me up!!! Dad telled me I was a big boy and I'm a good dog....I didn't know I am a dog.

Tom WHite....Sometimes my dad tells little kids that there is free ice cream outside...When they go...He locks the doors and they have to go bye bye.

Wannabee, Dad maked me have a operation and I still can't believe whet he had cut off!!!! Tell your son that it could be worse!!!!...How could some one do that t "man's best friend"?

Good luck Stumpy...I like your avatar...Can I chase it???

Holly...Take them kids out for a run run run...My dad goes crazy slow...but it's still good for me.

Dad stayed home from work today and taked me to go run run run!!!!! We runned down some trails I don't get to see lots of times. We got lots of rain and there were big huge muddy puddles for me to drink from. It was fun fun fun!!! The flies are really mean right now and I like that because Dad keeps his shirt on when we go run run run. There was so lots of critters to get!!!! I think birds are bad when I get 'em get 'em. They are possed to run run run but they go up in the sky!!! Some times it makes me so sad I cry.

Chipmonks are funny because they yell like little girls when I go get 'em get 'em.  They jump on trees like squirrels...then the go in holes like go fors!! Then I get to dig dig dig!!!

Dad didn't let me go in the creek on this trail. He says there is lots of poison ivory.

He gets  scared and itchy!!!

We run 4.2 miles today and 3.2 yesterday...Maybe Dad will make me have ice cream now!!!!

Sniffing Butts, Tag

dg.

Mary, it was quite a storm, wasn't it!!    I woke up a few times in the night, & let Sadie out at about 3 am, a good thing I think because later she wouldn't have gone out.    that's a sweet 'picture' of you & the 4 babies.  :-).

speaking of babies, (thoughts of Will, & Nate..)   Jeanne, how is your foot?

Kristen I'm so sorry about your son's nose.   the poor kid.  poor mom, too.   (& poor sister!)

tw I can not believe you didn't jump right into the fray fun.   maybe you'll get another chance tonight.     Good luck!!

btw 20 min. xbike standing sounds like a good workout!  hips ok?

Karin were you wearing your pink shoes?   I was running at 5:30 too.  well, 5:31.     the similarity ends there.  Smile

Perch, enjoy your PRAL. 

Kevin, I guess you get the full experience.    Happy taper!   I think you'll do fine too!  am excited about this one!

Holly please be careful!!!   I meant to bring a book to look it up but I forgot it.

better get back to work.   

Because of the storms I went to the gym, which worked out well for this workout.  I could count laps, since the polar won't play with me. Iit was 73F &  humid in there.    Just a short run, 4.12 miles overall, 9:36 overall pace.  Which I'm happy with, though it doesn't really mean much, because it was a mile slow (10:06), 4X 600 meters (about 8:27) w/2 min. recoveries, another mile easy & then 6 X 8 second striders.  the last mile & a quarter were at 9:26.   The striders & intervals were supposed to be uphill, but I think flat was better for me today anyway.

'morning Nancy,  morning Tag!

nice running everybody!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Anytime you want.Short Attention Span Funny & Silly Saying T-Shirts & Gifts

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.