Masters Running

St. Patty's Day - March 17 runs and stories (Read 530 times)

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh that Tag knows how to report a run!    He is such a goofy dog, but I guess he has to be to put up with his dad!  

Last night I told Brinkley that we would get up for a run this morning.   Good think I told him, because I never heard my alarm clock, but he did and told me it was time to go ..... as Tag would say ..... run, run, run!    That is just what we did under a very clear sky - 32° and capris!!  Big grin    Yep, my legs were a little cold, but it felt good.   4 miles, avg. pace 10:30 and my HR is starting to come down a bit.

Yesterday I got into a bit of an e-mail fight with my boss' son.   He is such a pompas ass!!   The boss was cc'd on every one of them and has sided with me.   Today should be an interesting day.    I can take a lot but when I've had enough, people know it.    It also prompted me to drink about 1/2 bottle of Reisling and DH forced me to eat BBQ ribs off the new grill.   He is the grill-master.  Big grin

Happy St. Patty's Day!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
    It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Oh Mary, email fights -- the things I forget about the working world!  Hard to believe it's been 5 years of "vacation"  for me.  Thanks for the reminder, and I truly hope things go well at work today! {{{ }}}

Well, I have something -- a sinus infection, bit of a cold.  Got it to move above my throat last night, and piled every blanket known to us on top of me so I'd sweat all night.  I did...so now after I do about 3 loads of wash and remake the bed, I'll head out for some running.  Nothing strenuous, just some miles to see if I can get everything moving that has to leave this body (or find an acceptable resting place) by Sunday. 

I'm so excited to go to VA Beach, yet, I've packed nothing.  I have to pack for the kids, Renee (yes, she's coming as the kennel is closed and the hotel said yes...), and me.  Guess I should check the weather report to figure out what type of clothes we'll need! 

OK, everyone have fun out there!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Good Morning Mary, 

Nice that you have such a loyal TP like Brinkley

Fighting with the bosses son  I can see why you needed the wine

and you might need that extra meat later today

Tag definitely does make a very nice run report

Run this evening for me 4.4 @ HM pace 10 minute rest then repeat on a group run

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Thanks for the support!   Nothing will happen today.   The boss called me last night and asked me to write down some notes and we will get together tomorrow as he is out all day today.   This not only involves the son, but the stepson as well.   Yea, a double dose of assholyness around here.   

Nono, I thought of you right away when my DH sent me this article yesterday.  Beach jogger killed by plane

I bet Renee is excited to go to Virginia Beach too!!

Have fun with your group tonight Sarge.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Hang in there Mary.  Do what's right.  If the Boss is a real business person he will side with whomever is doing what's best for the company.

We had our Income Tax meeting with our CPA last evening.  It turned out about as I expected.  Very Ugly.  I cannot fathom giving 33 cents of every dollar I make to the govt.  But it is what it is.  And they are talking about wanting more of it.  I'll retire before I give much more.  For Real.

13.1 miles this morning in 1:53 and change.  Included in there was 14 x 2 minutes at 10K pace, 1 minute jog recoveries.  Most of the fast bits came in around 7:25 pace.  I was a little worried about this one as I only got 18.5 miles in last week over vacation, all of them slow and easy.  But it went Okay.  Not Great, but Okay.

I think my legs are going to feel this one later on.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Morning, gang!

Mary - sorry about the ass!  Also sorry that your DH made you eat those BBQ ribs - in the future I'll be glad to relieve you of that burden.

nono - get over that cold quickly and have a great time on the beach!!

Tag - tell yous Dad he is nuts (in a nice way).  Jesse thinks you are quite handsome and has asked for her very own T-shirt. 

{{{{{{{dg}}}}}} canceling a race sucks, but I think you've made a good decision.

Breger - handing over that much hard earned dough to the feds also sucks.  I want to win a big lottery pot (if I ever remember to buy a ticket) - I swear I'll stash the money in a hole somewhere where it can't earn interest  and never, never, ever give the government another tax dollar. 

George - hope the flood damage isn't too bad. 

6.25 walk/run miles on the TM this morning @ 12:20 and 139 AHR.  Too many meetings today - one long one goes through lunch (poop), but I'll try to sneak away this afternoon for at least a short core workout.  In case anyone was wondering, that big orange thing in the sky is the SUN!  Yeah!!

Good runs all!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Slo

Good Morning Gang.

Happy St Patty's Day......Kiss Me....I'm Iowaish !!

My youngest DD, age 12, pulled up with a red blotchy rash yesterday. I guess it started around noontime. I had a really hard time calling it Hives early last evening until she woke us up at midnight with "Tingly Lips". I turned on the lights and let out a......."Holy $h!t ! "  Her lips were very swollen...along with her eyelids. And the red blotchy patches were umistakeable for hives.

We sat up with her and monitored thru the night. Gave her Benadryl......no improvement this morning but no worse either. I hate sitiuations like these....do you take her in....will it subside soon???? A very uncomfortable young lady right now.

Mary......Ugh....I remember those days of working for a family owned / run business.....Lots of pluses.....until the kids show up.

Sue.....Was it you looking for a bike ride type vacation last year ???  Here's my plug for RAGBRAI. A six day trip across the state of Iowa. It is the worlds largest. Commonly known as the Largest Party on Two Wheels. Takes place last week of July.

Enjoy the day....Savor the Run !

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Mary--hope your arm isn't TOO sore from getting all the twisting to eat those ribs  

20+ minutes on the elliptical on a very difficult to get up day.  Should have been at least 30, but hammy was complaining a little AND I needed to make sure to be home one time for my ride share.  After 6+ years of 100 mile/day commute, the new guy at work lives only a couple of miles from me and we're going to split things up and share a ride 3 days a week.  He's really relieved as he has a full sized pickup, so must spend $15+ each day in gas.  

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Wow Stumpy......that's quite a commute.

I did 2 years of 70+ miles door to door......140 miles round trip. Gas prices averaged $1.54 and I drove a little Chevy Corsica.  I'm glad you guys can ride share......!!

Mariposai

Dg, hang in there sister. This also shall pass. It seems like you, Holly and nono will have fun together in the AF marathon.

Kimmie, please be careful with the calf, we want you healthy for Boston.

tselb, great 8 miles with negative splits.

Walter, your upbeat spirit is so contagious. I am glad you had 10 beautiful miles.  How are the kids?

I feel so guilty about my 5 blocks commute when I read people like stumpy talking about their commute. My DH has a long commute too.

erika, what an impressive run you had yesterday, with treacherous road and all.

tramps, good luck on Saturday. Good idea about training in the afternoons. How is DW doing with her tri training? As the official cheerleader for the Mrs. tramps and Mrs. Twocat I need to get some update from my gals here and there.

Due to the lack of time this week I decided to run by time and not by miles. Yesterday afternoon after work I had the time to run 2:30 hours and that is what I did. I ran up to the beginning of my new found "dirt trail" and ran the loop three time. I was smiling the whole time. My legs felt sluggish, the pace was ridiculously slow...but I did not care...I was running and that is all that mattered. Garmina said I ran 13.5 miles by the time I got back home. (I hope this gives me the right to be on tselbs's list today)

This morning: 5 easy smiles to recover. Legs are sproinky, were did that come from?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Poor kid, slo.  Hope you figure it out.  Sounds like an allergic reaction to me, but what do I know?

5 recovery miles this morning.  No lasting impact of running fast yesterday, so it looks like I'm good to go.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Mariposai

Slow, please take that child to the doctor...please!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

bREGER. nice run, poor taxes.  Doesn't sound right. I'd have Holly check it Smile

{{{mary}}}

nono..Shamrock's great. Esp the Killian's Irish Red on the beach!

Slo-- doesn't sound good. Good luck

Stumpy, years ago, when I lived in Ontario, I was in a commuter van pool to save money.  I have many fond memories waiting next to the shore of Lake Huron in the winter waiting for the van.  Some days the wind and spray left icicles on the road signs that were parallel to the ground.  I'll never forgat those sideways icicles.

Due to the minor calf soreness, I swapped a 13 mile hilly run with tomorrow's 4 mile recovery.  The calf feels much better but not perfect so the decision to get up at 7:30 instead of 4:15 was a good one Wink

4 miles at 9:32 pace, AHR 145

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

Slo

Slow, please take that child to the doctor...please!

Yep....we're going.

dg.

Perch, very smart.   (phew).   You're on a roll.  Wink.    Thanks re the surgery thing... 9 days was good to hear.   One site I looked at said 2 weeks ("as little as" ) to get back to daily activities, 4-8 weeks for things like running.  Didn't make my day, even though I was pretty sure they were wrong.

(((Mary)))   I work for a family business too.  Some very interesting moments, yep.    How's Hailey today?

Holly.... thanks!   Ok,    maybe!   When are you going to decide what you're going to do?

(((Nono.)))... don't be sick!!!  want me to be sick for you?  I might as well.   Renee the dog's coming too!!!  oh, kay.    Well.  How cool you will be at the AF marathon!   I haven't decided on it yet.... it's just a good possibility.   But I guess I'd better make up my mind, seems like there's a lot of time but really there isn't.       I guess I could just start training & then decide later.   --- but even if I don't run it maybe I could come down anyway, I get to stay with Holly, :-), & I"m always overdue for a family visit, Columbus isn't too far away.    I could pass out pretzels & coconut water.   

Thanks Sue, thanks Nancy.   It will be ok, I'm already excited about getting fixed (that sounds funny) & maybe even uninjured, and training for the next one.... but yes it sucks!!! and comes over me in waves.   Oh well.   part of the experience.

Nancy, that sounds like such a beautiful run.    Your joy of running is contagious!

Yes, Walt.. I was wondering too how are the kids?  Especially Ellie.     Nice fast run!

You too bqbill.

oh, I'd better get back to work.     .... except hi Tag my little buddy!    So glad you're posting.  Very nice run run run you had.   Thanks for the hug.... and for the ice cream tip.  I will have to try it.    See if you can get your dad to take us out for some when I come up in May, ok?

7.3 miles this morning.   I'm still using the pace clock but watched it carefully & was a little more deliberate, trying to get used to holding a pace (even though it's slow...)    So, the miles as closely as I could tell were 10:24, 9:55, 4 at 9:36, last one 9:20.     Then just 3 of the lower body weight machines, someone would not get off the last one & I didn't feel like pushing her off.  ;-)

mta... Slo, i'm glad.    hugs for her.