Masters Running

Finally Friday Fun Run Daily May 21st (Read 553 times)

Good morning everyone.

Hopefully I can get us started this morning.

I had a business meeting last night at the local library and had the brilliant idea of running to it (and back).  So  my laptop/briefcase and I got in 7 miles.   Actually it went quite well despite being a bit dark on the return trip.

I am having pains in the inside of my heel on one foot.   This is something I have never experienced and figure it must be the plantar fashia thingy.   So I will have to figure that out.   It does not bother while running but my dreams are painful at night and for the first couple of steps in the morning.

Hope your week finishes off in fine form.  Mine is going to be a working weekend, as I am running a congressional debate on Tuesday and have to hit some media outlets.

Joey

Vista

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Nicely done Joey!    There is no way I could run to a meeting.   I'd have to have some kind of sound system to talk to the other members as no one would want to get near me.   As my mom used to say:

no tank you, I don't tink so

when I tink so, I sveat so

and when I sveat so I stink so

so no tank you I dont tink so

Nothing again today.   Raining and even though it is a light rain it'll be tomorrow before I can get out there again.   I told DH I was going to give this last couple their money back and keep the puppy.   He thought I was serious at first, which was priceless.   There is no way I would do that to anyone.   I'm ready for someone else to love him too.

TGIF!!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Mary.....that would be the hard part for me and most other people......giving those cute puppies up.  This would be especially true after you see their temperments develop and realize that one (or two or three) have an adorable personality.

There is a couple of points to be made about my running and then attending a meeting:

1.   At the speed I go, I was not in an "all out" run that would bring on a bad sweat.

2.  I also don't sweat easily, so therefore can do this when most other people wouldn't be able to.

3.  It was a political meeting so most everything already stinks there anyway.

Joey

Vista
          Good morning folks,

I run to the post-office and the library sometimes as part of errand runs, but tougher to do with meetings. Good strategy vista. Funny saying from your mother Mary. You are a good mom---all around. 

I am well behind here, but still running---lots of work travel, so I'll look forward to reading about everyone's adventures this weekend when I can exhale for a bit. Ran 7.8 miles this gorgeous summer like morning here in the Commonwealth (can you name the other Commonwealths in the US? Come on....quickly!) Good run---no watch, listened to The Low Anthem and Naia Kete for mellow pacing.

Have to get into execu-drag now for a meeting/presentation and will have to drive there alas.

Happy Friday

Renee the dog

Joey, That does sound like PF.  Do you have a hard superball around 1 1/2 to 2" in diameter by chance?

That's what cured mine -- not quickly either. It took 2 weeks and me just about giving up when one night, finally, something happened.  It felt like when you break loose the laces from skates, except it happened under my foot!  Like a cacade effect of some type.  Felt painful and good and just plain odd all at the same time. 

No run for me until this afternoon.  Heading out to food shop in a minute. 

Had to say Aamos line yesterday about my pool boy being the only one working totally cracked me up!  No pool here.  We have a town pool that's free for residents and open year round...

Enke, I think our husbands may work for the same (or similar) company.  Problem is, he doesn't want to move to Redmond, and after getting to a certain job level, the opportunities in the field or "remote" are few.  So, his job is being eliminated, and well, we like living here.  Plus, he's been "in" for 13 or 14 years and is now in his mid-40s.  It might be best anyway for him to switch to a new company before he's over 50 and perceived as possibly a lifer by any outside company. 

It'll all work out in the end.

Anyway, HAPPY RUNNING -- I'll think of eveyone this afternoon as Renee and I have our first afternoon romp in awhile!

P.S. CNY: Pennsylvania

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

And Virginia, too (I think)

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Slo

Vista.....Nice job on fitting the run in.

Another 5.25 this morning. Everything is feeling fine. I haven't been in the pool for a coon's age so my I'm making that a high priority for next week......Also to get back on the bike.

My Garage is a mess.....starting to fill up with boxes. Last night I had to rummaging thru 2 of them. Something you haven't used for 2 years....pack it up and wouldn't you know it. Then of course it's remembering where you packed it.

Better get busy. Enjoy your runs !

CNYrunner I'll take Virginia for 200 please.

running easy this afternoon. 25 on the bike this morning with another 20 or so in a light the river ride tonight. Enjoy your day all.

You have Virginia......and you have Pennsylvania......let's add Kentucky .....and Massachusetts and I THINK you have the four Commonwealths.

When I moved to Virginia I learned about "Commonwealths".

Vista
                    Dave59

Good morning all.  I ran 6 this morning.  1 mile warm-up and then 5 at hm pace.  After the first 2 pace miles I was tired and decided to slow down for a while, but suddenly felt better and the last 3 ended up being the best.  Very strange. 

...checking

in for Keyn-TUCK-ehhhhh!!!!!!!!

...................er..........

.............................I meant, poolrun after work.....

....off to KY tomorrow.......

......................................good running guys................enjoy the state you're in......

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mariposai

It is Friday!!! One more day before I run again.

The Help, chapter 11.

I think we need an  update on how Trent and his neighbors are doing.

Vista, it is so darn good to see you here, you too tomwhite!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

jtv

Joey - definitely sounds like PF.  I use the Foot Wheel (same company that makes The Stick) most mornings.  It makes a big difference.

Nono - hope DH finds a job soon.  Since you mentioned something about a "shore" house, I think we might be neighbors.

5 leisurely miles in 49:37 with DW.  Had to stop and help the geese family cross the road as usual, especially the littlest one, who had fallen about 50 ft behind the rest of the pack.  He was too busy munching on the grass and didn't realize the rest were already crossing the road.

Marathon Maniac #957

Joey – I don’t know how you could run carrying a briefcase and laptop.  I can hardly carry a water bottle without it driving me crazy.  Watch that foot thing – PF can be real trouble.  Hope you can nip it in the bud.

X-training day for me today, so I turned to Exercise On Demand again for a couple videos – 21 min. Rock Hard Abs and 23 min. Jackie 1-on-1 Upper Body again, followed by 2 easy-paced miles on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

It is Friday!!! One more day before I run again.

The Help, chapter 11.

I just finished this book on my run last Sunday.   I hated for it to end - it is such a good book!   Enjoy!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com