Masters Running

Thursday May 3 Daily (Read 455 times)

Jlynne, it sounds like a good "wake" and thanks for your kind comments.

At 5:30, an hour after the doctor's switchboard closed, I was surprised to get a call from one of the staff.  They have the ultrasound results but he hasn't had a chance to review it.  He wants me to go in for a blood test and urine sample in the morning.

"I didn’t run a race until I was 41 and that was a marathon! Let that sink in for a minute." -me

TammyinGP

I hope you get some answers tomorrow Opie so you don't have to wonder all wknd. Although I'll be wondering all wknd as I'm off til Monday and no internet at home. Sad

Tammy

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

My running buddie and I sure has a great fun chatting away as I charged up the hill. 

OM does hill repeats for her 50th birthday and mari chats away on her big bill

No wonder she likes Heartbreak, Doomsday, etc. so much.

me: "it was great fun fading away as I struggled up the big hill."

thanks jeanne; you're like a sister to us too.

good luck opie.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Bushrat Runner

Only talked running partner into 3 today...but it was a good 3...

Marathon Maniac #957

I feel the love in this group and know that I have a wonderful extended family out there. 

{{{hugs}}}  This is indeed a wonderful group of people.  I am constantly warmed and humbled by the outpouring of love and kindness here.

Spareribs - Big grin

6 recovery paced miles this morning in 61 degrees.  Legs still tired but no pain.

Family is waiting to watch House, so gotta skootch.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

C-R

Broke up my drive with a business meeting in Nashville and the a short run around Vandy with RA' own Trent. A great 7th inning stetch.

My thoughts go to everyone here hurting from one thing or another. Stay positive.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Mike E

MM #5615

Nice to see you back on the roads, Tramps.  Be patient with your comeback--it will all come back.

I did 8 miles in 1:01:39 then trudged up the treadhill at 4% in 39:27...and I bumped it up to 6% for a little at the end just teach it a lesson.  Boy am I glad I'm done those things...well until the real thing.  Now that I'm going into my taper weeks after this weekend, I'm done with those dang hills and I feel like all the hard work is done...even though I have a 22 miler on Saturday. 

Okay--I'm outta here.  See ya!

Jlynne a beer in somebody's honor is not a bad way to celebrate somebody's life.  Not inappropriate at all in my book.   Irish wakes are famous for a reason and even though I am not Irish it is how I would hope others would honor my passing.

Spareribs cute story!  I would say something about my CEO having done something but I have never had a real job in my whole life and so never had a CEO!

Opie I sure hope they get all this resolved for you quick!

breger1 glad you are getting better.

evanflein so how come you got the 6 mile memo yesterday and I did not?  Angry  You must be on that special person list fatozzig hinted at!!!  How come I am not on it!  Sad

I decided to do my long run for the week today.  Then I decided that my 21 mile run in Austin did not really "count" since I basically crawled most of it.  Also, the weather was cool and drizzly but was supposed to clear up a bit.  Yea, you can guess the rest.  Off I went for 21 miles.  Actually, it went fine.  All but the weather.  It never cleared up.  Yech, 21 miles in a drizzle is not really my ideal of IRC.  Still I was really happy to have pulled it off and without any apparent damage to my hamstrings.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/