Masters Running

40s 50s 60s and Beyond On the Run - w/e 10/10 (Read 468 times)

Morning!

Joe - Sounds like when Buddy's on a leash, he might feel more possessive/protective of you.  Or he could just bipolar.

Hot appetizers: Take a round or wedge of Brie cheese, get your favorite pesto.  Place the pesto in a microwave or oven proof dish, place Brie cheese on top, warm until the cheese just starts to soften real good.  Excellent w/crackers or a baguette, and wine.  (Scotch would just send me over the edge with a single sip.)

Barely remember turning the alarm off this a.m., then I woke up an hour later.    Dragged my butt out, got the gang fed, threw some clothes on, and hit the cold streets.  5 miles with strides every 10 minutes.  Toward the end, I could definitely tell that (1) I haven't done much running in almost two weeks, and (2) I have done any strength training in 3 weeks.  Legs were feeling a bit heavy (and definitely sore) from yesterday's workout.

Have a good Hump Day!

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Thanks for the doggie support and offers of dog "badassery" (I like that oneSmile).  With Maired, Buddy, and Dessa on Katy's side, we're in good shape.  Betting Keisha would have known exactly how to handle it too.

Cindy, ouch!!!! That sounds like a nasty fall.  You might want to actually listen to the hubby and go to the doctor.  They like it when we pretend to listen to them.  Thanks for the advice on my foot.  I'll take it and also have an appt. w/ the podiatrist on Monday.  Website says he's an amateur triathlete, so hopefully he can help this wannabe triathlete, or at least refer me to my friend's PT for advice.

Could you guys cool it with the graphic food and drink descriptions Wink.  I'm drooling at the thought of the brie and pesto.  Remember, I work from home, and the fridge is only a few steps away....sigh! 

Progress Trumps Pefection

Could you guys cool it with the graphic food and drink descriptions Wink.  I'm drooling at the thought of the brie and pesto.  Remember, I work from home, and the fridge is only a few steps away....sigh! 

{munching on blueberry/strawberry granola w/yogurt . . . mmmmmm . . . .}

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

{munching on blueberry/strawberry granola w/yogurt . . . mmmmmm . . . .}

Leslie, yur evil! 

Just had a couple of thin mints....girl scout cookies be gone.

Been sort of ticked about my foot, and it's work crunch time, but need to at least swim tomorrow to burn of the thin mints.

Progress Trumps Pefection

Leslie, yur evil! 

It's a gift.  

Leslie
            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Leslie, yur evil! 

Just had a couple of thin mints....girl scout cookies be gone.

Been sort of ticked about my foot, and it's work crunch time, but need to at least swim tomorrow to burn of the thin mints.

Oh no! Is it Girl Scout cookie time! Those thin mints are another weakness!

Hope you figure out your foot thing.

Leslie - 5 mi w/strides every 10 min is a heckuva way to get back into it! Ouch!

Of for a med long run...looks like a lovely morning for it

Ex runner

Top 'O the World!

Frozen thin mints & peanut butter!!! Woo-Hoo!!

Ours aren't selling cookies yet (isn't that like January?) but they are selling BUTTER BRAIDS!  There are now 9 flavors!! Dammme! & every kid in the neighborhood has our #~  

Garmie is completely deid!! Tech support says it's still under warranty!?? asked me to mail just the watch & they'll ship out a replacement a.s.a.p!!  Wow!

Foot feels quite a bit better, been doing the RICE thingy (I don't think it's broken - just pretty pi$$'d off)...had just gotten a really big book to read right before it happened, however, am completely outta bon-bons now.... & driving DH NUTS!  he did bring me some Guinness & Smithwicks....

Oh yeah, it's snowing right now!  reeeeaal slow & gentle, looks like tiny pieces of ash floating in the air.....weatherman promised this am that it wouldn't start till late, late afternoon & maybe acc 1"-2"  IRC!  

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Foot feels quite a bit better, been doing the RICE thingy (I don't think it's broken - just pretty pi$$'d off)...had just gotten a really big book to read right before it happened, however, am completely outta bon-bons now.... & driving DH NUTS!  he did bring me some Guinness & Smithwicks....

Oh yeah, it's snowing right now!  reeeeaal slow & gentle, looks like tiny pieces of ash floating in the air..... 

What the heck are butter braids and Smithwicks, and do they go good with Guinness?  Snow . . .

Arla - Hope the run treated you well.

30 min of cycling while continuing with the 6-hour saga of "The Stand," followed by about 1.5 hrs of core/strength training.  My poor tummy muscles were still sore from Tues, so now they're really PO'd.  Sneezed a little while ago and woochee!

Hey to everyone else, even you lurkers.  Yeah, we know you're out there!

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

MMMMmm, love Smithwicks!

Cindy, are you sure you didn't break your toe while booting that RD in the arse?!

Leslie- REDRUM! and "Wendy, I'm home!"

8m on the hills last night.Dagnabbit. It's dark by 6:30 already.Here comes 3 more months of running in the dark!

MTA- cross out quotes from wrong Stephen King story.

Leslie- REDRUM! and "Wendy, I'm home!"

MTA- cross out quotes from wrong Stephen King story.

I was trying to figure out what the heck you were talking about.

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Thin mints........Oh yeh...........my absolute favorite!
                        Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

And speaking of food - did any of you know about this forum: http://www.runningahead.com/groups/AtoZRecipes/Forum

I'm on food heaven!!!

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

Finished the field we were on yesterday in time to go watch the local HS invitational x-country meet . We go to visit with Jonathan abit as he helps coach a neighboring school. He told me we probably overstrided going into the wind Sunday as we were both quite sore for relatively short runs for us.  Got in a short 5 in the darkness when we got home, right there with ya Joe, just hate the shorter days.

JB asked about my half training but I forgot to tell him about the super-duper training and nutrition program custom designed by my friends here on RA.

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III

jfa

Hi All

5.5m warmup last night then 4x800 intervals at the track. They sure are a lot of fun,when they're done.

It's dark by 6:30 already.Here comes 3 more months of running in the dark!

Geez, I always run in the dark!   BTW - what's Smithwick's?

Jim - I always think, what a treasure to have someone such as Jonathan available as a face-to-face resource.

Rest day for me, not that I got a whole extra ton of sleep between 4:30 and 7:30 when I finally crawled out of bed.  I did have some very weird one act dreams during that time span, though.

Came to work today to find a message from my boss that his dad had died last night.  It wasn't unexpected as he'd been very ill the last few months, but it's still not an easy thing.  The other unfortunate (or not so unfortunate) thing is I have almost nothing to do today.  It could be a very loooooooong day.

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance