Masters Running

40s 50s 60s and Beyond On the Run - w/e 10/10 (Read 468 times)

Congratulations to Mtnchk.......just passed 1000 miles for the year!

Also....

fatozzig also has just passed the 1000 mile mark.  Congratulations!

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Thanks, Ev!  I had no idea.  I never think to review my own log.

Congrats, Cindy.  And Joe's closing in on 2500.  Holy moly.

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Congratulations to Mtnchk.......just passed 1000 miles for the year!

Also....

fatozzig also has just passed the 1000 mile mark.  Congratulations!

Hooray! Congratulations to you both! It's worth adding that those aren't any old flat, paved miles like most of us are running. 

Leslie - Smithwick's is a tasty Irish Ale. It just started coming into the US a few years ago. You may enjoy some at the end of your boring day today!

Another lovely morning for a run! 54* when I hit the road...ahhhh. 

I'm off to Long Beach to run the HM, looks like a pleasant course along the beach. This is my third run in the "California Dreamin'" series (Huntington Beach, San Francisco were the others) so I'll get an extra medal and a nice jacket with an embroidered logo. Bling!

Arla

Ex runner

jfa

Good Luck Arla! Nice goodies too.

WTG Cindy and Leslie! Those hills are not mere pimples on the road like around here.

Yes, I'm with Joe....good luck Arla!   That 13.1 will add to your over 1500 YTD miles.  Nice.
            Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Arla - You're the HM Queen!  We need to figure out a running shirt for you.  Hmmmm - something with a tiara . . .

Good luck this weekend, and thank you, Ev, for pointing out her spectacular mileage accumulation thus far this year.

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Potty Party  I've been to some parties - heck, have had them in my house - where this would've been real useful.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Potty Party........ Leslie, did you say you've had a potty party at your house.  Too much information.

A nice easy 6er yesterday late afteroon.  The weather......let's talk about the weather (my second favorite topic of discussion).  the weather yesterday was a stunner.  Crystal clear blue skies ("sky" seems more appropriate....I mean, hey, there's only one) temp about 57ish, with nearly calm winds (or "wind").  No one but me on the trails and I saw 24 deer....most of them in one location. 

It's typical that I'll see a few deer nearly evryday I run.  The most, till now, that I've seen together is about 12.  But yesterday I came around the barn and there they were, all grouped up, munching on some wheat sprouts. 

Have a fun weekend, evryone.

Top 'O the World!

Thanks Ev, everybody....I think I'm ahead of where I was last year @ this time, but I don't think by much & honestly, I'm a bit behind my goal....& not gaining on it any right now, drats!  Oh well, this isn't a "one time" shot @ it   May take me a couple years (accumulation) to chase down a coupla others in our group!  Congrats backatcha Joe, Arla, Leslie, Carol, Jim, Ev,  Kelly....well really, anybody who's still hanging in here & growing fwd!! 

Your guests need potty training, Leslie?!?!     okaaaay then!

GOOD LUCK ARLA!!   & have a grand time!! I know you will!  Dontcha jes luuuvv Bling!?

Tis the season Ev...just don't try to pet them, K? & are you getting any of this "Arctic Front" today?  BRRRRRR!!!   it's 17* (record cold again) & snowing/freezing drizzle - in the city today..road closures due to stupid drivers....the worst of this sounds like it's up towards Jim's place...Glad your running is coming back online!

Foot's getting better....but, I'm gonna bet that I'm at least another week off!  Drats! & Double Drats~ or as Ev says, "&^%(^$#*&^$@*&#(~!!    this is some of my favorite running weather!

Off in the morning to go get the kids....the one's who will be moving back in for a bit! Full time grandkids underfoot! I think we're ready......

Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Hey, check out my latest 5K (last weekend). Run For Shelter

http://www.woodwardnews.net/multimedia/local_story_279164703.html?keyword=topstory

Look for me at about 2:16 into the video clip. 

Top 'O the World!

Very Kewl Ev!  Nice time!!  Congrats
                        Remember that doing anything well is going to take longer than you think!! ~ Masters Group

Very cool, Ev!  Thanks for sharing the video and your wonderful run.

Cindy - Did you just move kids out of your house?!?  You are definitely crazy, lady.  A good mom, but crazy.

16 trail miles this morning in 4:18.  My legs are very tired.  Going from 10 last Saturday to 16 this Saturday, then really working the hills pretty much did me in.  Unfortunately, we got waylayed about halfway through by a cop giving people tickets for not having their dogs on leashes.  We were stopped for at least 5 minutes for that one.

The story - we run in the Arcata Forest, and even though the signs say dogs must be leashed, it's not something any 99.99% of the people adhere to.  We all see each other all the time, and all the dogs are friends.  We do the majority of our run on the side where there are more people actually exercising, as opposed to the side where there are lots of vagrants.  However, a couple of months ago, we started venturing over to the "dark side" just to give us a change of scenery. (Vagrants are huge problem in Humboldt County, and particularly in Arcata.)

Today, as we were passing through the park over there, a cop was giving a group of vagrants tickets for not having their dogs on leases (we're talking 6 or 7 dogs).  According to the cop, they had received complaints that morning about these people.  Well, here we come through with Charlie Dog, and the cop yells, "You're dog needs to be on a leash."  Us: "Okay!"  Well, I guess one of the vagrants asked him why he wasn't ticketing us when they got tickets.  Soooo, he yelled to us again, we stopped, and Karen got a ticket.  She wasn't upset 'cause like she told him, we were in the wrong.  He said he didn't want to give her a ticket 'cause he understood that we can't run (well, she and Coach couldn't run) 24 miles with a dog on a leash and would've let us off with a warning, but . . . .  WE actually felt bad for the cop 'cause he felt bad about having to give Karen a ticket. 

Anyway - moral of the story: Carry a leash with us from now on and stay away from the vagrants.

MTA: Hey - I burned 1594 calories today!!  Wee haw!

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Top 'O the World!

Is that your place, Cindy?  Very cool pics! (no pun intended )

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Ev... are you getting any of this "Arctic Front" today?   

Yeh, we got it, but not as cold as you and probably Jim.  Yesterday the high was about 44 and that was about 8:00 a.m.   Then it spent most of the day in the mid 30s.

This morning it's 34 and wet.  Not expected to get out of the 30s today.  Tomorrow high expected to be 66F