Masters Running

Thu Apr 30 Runs and Workouts (Read 519 times)

It's ok to post your workout, Bill. Nice to see you're finding time to play that new guitar -- isn't it fun? Beautiful morning -- 49°F - no wind, no rain -- perfect. Too bad I had such a short run planned. 3.1 miles, 28:21, 9:01/mi, AHR 131 (67% MHR) Going to happy hour with the running club -- a bunch of us ran Boston so it will be fun to rehash the race.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

RCG

Rose Colored Glasses

0535 55° F 82% humidity Track Thursday but I am not cleared for track workouts yet so I was allowed to run in the opposite direction in the outside lanes and permitted to pick it up on the straightaways which I did. 4 good miles. When I was driving home, I was pleased to stop for a squirrel crossing the road. The squirrel used the crosswalk. It was cute.

"Anytime you see the word "inflation" in the news, replace it with "record-breaking corporate profits" and you'll get what's happening."

Renee the dog

1 mi walk this morning with Renee. Trying to incorporate more walking in my routine. WRFB, sounds like a great Happy Hour coming up. One of our local school teachers ran Boston. She got a 2 page article out of it. Very good coverage. AND, it told me how she trained for the hills -- so if I ever...eh, one step at a time! Yes Tonight, scheduled to run again with the babysitter. In between I have to commute for 5 hrs in the car to see my Mom. My rear and hips are already aching just "thinking" about all that sitting! Good runs to all today!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning Lou and everyone else that follows... Did I mention I love track work Smile Ran to the track easy last night (4 miles - 9:00ish pace), and as I got closer I noticed a lot of school buses and a bunch of kiddo's at "my track"...middle school track meet going on. I thought drats, my track work won't happen tonight. But the meet was almost over, and just a few field events were left...kewl. It's was great to see my middle school track coach - Mr Conner. And we talked for a few about what I was training for...he was happy for me, and he still runs all the time too Cool Ok, when you see my repeats, the 7th one was in honor of Mr. Conner. When I finished my 6th one he said...Timmy, do you have one more strong one left in ya. I said coach...what do you think. He said Timmy....you always did!. (I really dug deeper on that one, more than I ever have in my life, on tired legs) I have decided to run these without trying to achieve a pre-determined time, but rather run strong and hard...but not all out 12 miles - 1:34:33 - 7:52 ave pace Cool - 7 1/2 mile repeats (wanted 1/2 mile because they are a little longer. And my high school coach showed me how to mark them on the track last summer. 1 - 3:14 (6:28 pace) 2 - 3:23 (6:46 pace) 3 - 3:21 (6:42 pace) 4 - 3:16 (6:32 pace) 5 - 3:17 (6:34 pace) 6 - 3:15 (6:30 pace) 7 - 2:34 (5:08 pace)......almost had a orgasm Big grin And the last one was ran on tired legs...think I could reach 4 something pace on fresh legs (think I just made running a sexual experience) There is one thing that is more fun in life...I ain't getting the other Blush Running home from the track was at Marathon pace, 7:55...round abouts. Pleasantly sore this morning, but feel great...all systems are a go!!! Sooo very Blessed TimBo

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Sweet Tim! My run was decidedly more boring than Tim's. I had some accumulated Internet work backed up so I knew I needed a few extra minutes this morning before coming into work. I cut the planned 10 miles back to 8 miles. I intended to do 1 mile of warmup then 7 miles at MP. But I ended up running miles 2 and 3 under 8:30 and then miles 4 thru 8 all under 8:20 pace. Oops. Gotta watch that. Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Geez, here I am feeling all good about my litte runs and then I read Tim's post this morning!! Tongue Greta workout Tim-Bo! Happy hour sounds like lots of run WRFB!! I forced myself out for a run last night. Goal was to get in 6 miles - but I would have settled for 4 if that is what the body told me. I truly did not feel like going out for a run. Goal acheived! Everything felt good - other than running directly into the wind the last 2 miles. 10:20 avg. pace and 166 avg. hr. Plus, I felt so good when I got home! I had energy to bounce around the house and get some things done. Big grin This morning I was up before the alarm and Brinkley took me for a 4 miler. Another great run - 10:00 avg. pace 162 avg. hr. My splits were 10:05 / 9:46 / 9:43 / 10:21 ...... I just love seeing "9"s. Happy Thois-day!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
              It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Slo

Good Morning Masters Nice interval set there Tim. We're a one horse town when it comes to a track. Only the High School has a track and that is shared by the Private college here in town and the Jr.High School so trying to get on it this time of year is impossible. I did an easy 6+ last night.......slept in this morning. (Planned Too) I'll do some light weight lifting, core work and run between 2 -4 easy easy miles tonight. Great Day All !
                  Morning, folks! Still chuckling over yesterday's daily. Twocat - I think your wife and I are long lost sisters. I can definitely relate to the stacks and piles of magazines, papers, etc. In my case it is genetic - both of my parents were media pack rats. dg - where's the itinerary?? The maragaritas are chilling.......... Not to beat the toilet thing to death, but one of my pet peeves is the woman who can't/won't sit down on a public toilet and ends up peeing all over the seat - and who doesn't bother to clean it up. In my era it seemed to be common to teach girls that they would catch something deadly if they actually sat their precious buns on a toilet seat, and I guess that paranoia has continued. Enough toilet talk. Sproinky 7.5 mile hill run along the Sound this morning. The Sound was smooth as glass - doesn't happen very often, and it was beautiful. dg - don't know if it works for raccoons but my Mom used to swear by mothballs for keeping other critters out of the garden. I've never heard of a raccoon latrine, but it doesn't sound like a good situation. Good runs everybody!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Hill Runner

Good morning all, 10.04 miles of hills @ 9:01 pace Good runs to everyone today.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                    Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                    Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

dg.

good morning! blb, you make me smile. opposite direction because non-opposite hurts? Mary... that happens to me all the time! Roll eyes Nice run. Smile Have to hurry as always, and as all of us... 4.26 miles this morning at 9:39 average, 8:27 max. I was being very careful after Tuesday's trip... it seemed to be ok for the most part. then just 9 min. on the elliptical, not really planned but I wanted to, & 1 set lower body weight machines. then the whirlpool! may have pulled something in my left thigh, I couldn't do even 1 rep on the adductor machine. I'll look it up when I have a chance. Erika, see, light! This made my first 100 mile month. Makes me happy. Good runs rests recovery to everyone.

Marathon Maniac #957

I was being very careful after Tuesday's trip... it seemed to be ok for the most part.
                        Glad to hear that. You need to take care of yourself. Remember, we have big plans in October... Smile (note to self, got to try that track work....) 5.35 recovery miles for me today in a very humid 62° (ave pace 10:14). Clowning around Does anyone else find this clown a little scary?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

I ran today. And it was good. 3.14 miles, 9:34 pace. Beautiful sunny Spring morning in the 'burbs of Boston. Couldn't have been better. Hard to believe it's been 3 months. Man did it ever feel good to post a run in the log. Big grin

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I ran today. And it was good. 3.14 miles, 9:34 pace. Beautiful sunny Spring morning in the 'burbs of Boston. Couldn't have been better. Hard to believe it's been 3 months. Man did it ever feel good to post a run in the log. Big grin
                            The first one after such a long layoff does feel good, doesn't it? although in my case, approached with just a little trepidation. Glad to hear you're back on the road. BTW nice pace for 3 months. I forget why--injury? life? Tomorrow the fun starts again. Hope the wait will be worth it. Caralina will be worn out and the Bruins won't be rusty--at least that's what I'm hoping Smile

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Good running folks... Speed group tonight so workout is delayed till then. Tonight is 25X400 meters at 1;22 with 45 second jog in between. Should be fun (crazy111). Day off to focus on pulling together corporate accounting books and receipts. I hate this time of year. My 13 old is competing in a talent show at school today, so I get to go see her at 12:00. I will be more nervous than she will as she belts out the song. Take care Tall

Recent Best times: None recently

The first one after such a long layoff does feel good, doesn't it? although in my case, approached with just a little trepidation. Glad to hear you're back on the road. BTW nice pace for 3 months. I forget why--injury? life? Tomorrow the fun starts again. Hope the wait will be worth it. Caralina will be worn out and the Bruins won't be rusty--at least that's what I'm hoping Smile
                                I had bad MTSS/stress reaction in right shin. Good luck tomorrow. Yeah, I'm a bit nervous about tonight. don't really know how good these Bruins are since Montreal is so bad. Canes will be tougher but I still think Bs will win it. I went to the Jan 10th game vs. Carolina and they had no answer for Kreji, Ryder line in 5-1 loss so hope that repeats itself.