Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X-TRAINING GROUP - w/e 11/27/09 (Read 396 times)

Make one person happy each day and in forty years you will have made 14,600 human beings happy for a little time at least.  - Charles Wiley

Have a fantabulous week!

Evryday - 33 running miles

pfriese - 42.6 running miles

Eliz - 13.6 running miles and 4.3 walking miles " amid my first big soloist job."  (We want video w/sound, please.)

Dutchie - 22.14 running km (AND signed up for a non-stop relay from Paris, France, to Rotterdam, Holland!)

Lyndenrunner - 17 running miles

Erika - 18.5 running miles, 1.8 walking miles, 1 hr. 44 min. elliptical (12 miles), and 2 x weights for 43 mins.

dg -23.5 running miles, 6.1 walking miles (with a happy pooch), 23 biking minutes, 12 elliptical minuts, and 1.5 strength training hrs.

Nono - Ran her first marathon and . . . QUALIFIED FOR BOSTON!!!!

fatozzig - 26 road running miles, 24 trail running miles, 1.25 core/strength

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest

Tues - 3 miles running OR 30 min biking; core/strength -------------------------- 30 min biking; 1.25 hrs core/strength

Wed - 10 road miles ------------------------------------------------------------------------- 10.11 road miles (an excellent run!)

Thurs - 3 miles running OR 30 min biking; core/strength ------------------------- 5k Turkey Trot (3.1 miles)

Fri - Rest

Sat - 10 trail miles ---------------------------------------------------------------------------- 10 very muddy trail miles

Sun - 6 road miles (nice and short!) ---------------------------------------------------- 6 road miles

Totals:19.21 road miles, 10 trail miles, 30 min biking, 1.25 hrs core/strength

Leslie
      Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Nono.....congratulations!  That's just awesome.

Thanks Leslie....cut back week for me.

Monday.......rest............rest

Tues...........3miles.......rest

Wed............6miles........3miles

Thurs.........Give Thanks....gave thanks

Friday.........6miles........6miles

Sat..............rest..............6miles

Sun.............6miles........6miles

Total....21miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
        evanflein

I think we're ending this week on 11/29... but whatever, it's all good!

That's so cool about Nono qualifying for Boston on her first marathon! I wonder how often that happens?

Not sure what I'll do this week, just sort of muddling along.

Monday: 40 minutes of pool running

Tuesday: 20 minutes elliptical (2.23 miles), 20 minutes weights

Wednesday: 4 miles on treadmill, .52 mile walk, some crunches on stability ball

Thursday: 6.1 miles run, same route as last Sunday but faster and fewer stops; .4 mile walk c/d

Friday: 40 minutes elliptical (4.71 miles), 45 minutes weights/abs

Saturday: 5.1 miles run, .3 mile walk c/d

Sunday: 7.04 miles on the treadmill in an hour, .66 mile walk

Totals: 22.2 miles run, 40 minutes pool running, 1 hour elliptical (6.94 miles), 2 x weights and 1.9 miles walking

Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie! I'm only a back up runner for the relay in May. So don't run unless one of the team drops out.

Gosh Nono, congrats!! And BQ-ing too Congrats again! What an accomplishment!

Mon ... LB + abs ---> 30 min LB slow and heavy and 30 min UB endurance (low weight/high reps)

Tue ....35 min Interval training ---> Runervals 1.0. Making progress. I hit 5K in 33:32 minutes this time. Ran 5.5K in total

Wed...3 km doggie run (weather permitting) + UB strength (chest/triceps) + abs ---> nothing to report.

Thu.....60 min easy run --->9.2K on the TM in 60min flat

Fri......45 min STS-Plyo + abs --->a 30min Kickbox w/o (Cathe)

Sat.....3km doggie run + 2 km easy on the TM + UB strenght (back, shoulders and biceps) --->  4K doggie run in the drizzling rain this morning.+ LB endurance with a bit of plyo thrown in. Hips felt tight, so also did Eoins magically hips quickie. Feeling much better now.

Sun....3km doggie run + 13 km long and slow ---> 4.44K with the doggies. And an additional 12.05K on the TM, cause I thought I couldn't run 12 as planned because my butt and hips are soooo sore. And my legs were tired. Guess I was wrong.

Total mileage: 35.19 kilometers. Not bad at all.

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone It's not a holiday here, so I'll be at work!

Dutchie
            Run the day, or the day runs you.

Renee the dog

Thanks folks!  I'm feeling 100% normal today.  Yesterday was sore, but could still walk down the stairs forward.  I consider myself quite fortunate. Honestly, I can't wait for the next one!  Remind me I wrote that when I'm in the thick of winter training.

M- 1 mi run with Renee my dog, some foam rolling

T- food shopping (hey, it wasn't a sure thing that I was going to be functional!), 20 min yoga

W- 2 mi run with Renee

T- ate enough to get me kicked off the weight loss thread

F- did nothing, hardly even typed anything

S- 4 hrs. wallpaper hanging

S- 3 hrs. wallpaper hanging

Totals: 3 mi running,20 min yoga,  lots of slacking off and overindulging, and 7 hrs. of wallpapering

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Congrats NoNo...Thanks Leslie...

Mon-4 miles

Tue-Off

Wed-4 miles

Thur-Off

Fri-Off

Sat-Off

Sun-Off

Total=8 miles

Looking for a place to Happen, making stops along the way - The Hip
                  Monday - recovering from Sunday's concert and getting home after midnight (and still being wound up from the conert) - made it through work, but took a nap before House then went to bed for the night right after - such an exciting rest day

Tuesday - ran 3.6 & walked the usual 1.0 between school and a rehearsal; Christmas lights are starting to appear in my neighborhood  

Wednesday - right ankle a little wonky, so stretch and strength while catching up on "NCIS" on demand

Thursday - ran 3.7 and walked 1.0 

Friday - walked 3.0; right foot and ankle hurting a bit from pushing too much yesterday; diligent stretching later

Saturday - ran 6.1 and walked 1.0 in a fierce wind; it was hard; it's over; I'm glad  

Sunday - ran 3.1 and walked 1.0 under "abundant sunshine" on the boardwalk

Week 4 - DONE!!  Ran 16.5, walked 7.0, didn't let my mini-funk get me off track. 

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

dg.

hi!   Thanks Leslie aka Super Runner aka Neighbor Lady  Smile

not much time now but I wanted to get my little chart stuck in here.   Smile

yay Nono!!!!!!

Erika, almonds are high in calcium.   = teeth strength.  I think that was so wise of you.

I still don't know exactly what I'm doing, but am making this a cut back week.  

Eliz, good for you, sticking to your plan. ((()))    a stoopid question... what is it that you've expected but haven't seen from your training so far? 

dutchie, what is a  "Eoins magically hips quickie"??  I need to learn to translate km to miles in my head so I better appreciate your days.  nice week though.  I'm sure of it!  Wink

day      plan   actual
                     mon  

Rest.  2 doggie walks, one was .75 miles, the other 1.4 or so. 

tues    5.61 miles, 9:46 pace. 3 hill sprints at the end. not steep, but hills never the less..
                     wed    gym day. 20 min. ellipticalling, 30 min. recumbent biking, ub & lb weight machines, stab. ball reverse crunches & side planks.   a .7 mile walk w/ Sadie when I got home.
                     thurs    6.24 miles, 9:42 pace.  8 fartleks.
                     fri    .85 mile walk with Sadie, 1.25 mile walk later. 
                     sat  

3.11 mile run (1.1 mile w/happy poochiedog)(she is doing so much better!) @ 10:17 pace, the rest at 9.37 pace. this was my hilliest route , i've been really slow getting back to it, so was happy with this.

(hmm. my table is messed up. this is Sunday)... 8.15 miles, 9:53 pace.

sun

I did it again.   sorry Leslie!   copied & pasted from the calendar, totals: 

Run: 23.1 Mi
                    Bike: 30:00 minutes
                    Weights: 45:00
                    Elliptical: 20:00 minutes
                    walking: 3.9 Mi

somebody around here, & I won't name names, , has been slacking on their strength training. 

pfriese

Should be a great week. No real plan other than big family gathering on Thursday.

M - rest day

T - 4.8 miles

W - 4.6 miles

Th - rest day

F - 8.2 miles

Sa - 5.6 miles

Su - rest day

Total - 23.2 miles

Paul