Masters Running

Splishy, splashy Sunday, Oct 18 (Read 412 times)

Mariposai

That picture made me smile.

Hurray for Breger. Boston be ready for this young man. I am so happy for him.

Great time for Holly. Wow!!!! 3:50 is fantastic.

I can't wait to hear how dg did on her victory lap.

Any news from the new maniacs and La Tortuga?

Busy day around the Posie nest. Mr. Posie is turning 50 on Thursday, but we are having his party today. Much to do.

I will try to go out for a mile or two just to recover. I will check back in later to see the rest of the story.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Head Procrastinator

New from Lou in a text, they are all in and all had PW's. Really bad weather.

Congrats to the newest Maniacs!!

~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
        Thanks, hally!  Yes, the weather was pretty awful, but it wasn't going to stop us, that's for sure.  We lived to talk about it.  Some parts weren't as bad as others.

I finished with a 3:48 something (by my watch).  Yes it was windy, yes it was cold (but we dressed right, tet), and did I mention the rain?  Not sure PDR's time (she forgot to turn off her watch).  But this was about finishing, not about PRing, so mission accomplished!

And PDR and LaT crossed the finish line holding hands -- I didn't get my camera out in time.  I'll post pictures later if they are any good.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

evanflein

Any news on Dg?

It's good to get some marathon updates.  Good job by WRFB and PDR (just finishing in those conditions is great), Buckeye, breger, and holly.  I'll keep checking back to hear about dg.

Nice 5K, fussy, with improvement over last year and overlooked AG award.  mariposai, happy birthday to mrposie tomorrow.

Nice long runs for mariposai, perch (and knee ok), bike (and calf ok), and CNY (in nasty conditions and including speedy 5K).

Both yesterday morning and this morning, I got in 5 miles.  Yesterday the temp was about 30°, this morning mid 20s, and both days calm.  Yesterday, it took me a bit under 50 minutes for a 9:58 pace and this morning I was just a little faster at a 9:56 pace.

It was a bit ironic, I went to church still thinking of our marathoners, including the Columbus group.  At church we had an "urban missionary" from Columbus.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

{{{{{{{{{squeeze}}}}}}}}} for adorable Baby Nate!

Did I miss DG's RR?

10.3 for me this morning.  I always have to map my races afterwards, using the RA cool mapping tools, as I do

not have a garmin.  I was surprised to see that I ran that far, and even more surprised at my time 1:50, but I'll take

it and not complain.  

spacityrunner

NIce running and racing in some not so nice conditions.... for everyone!

Late start for me this a.m. but managed to drag my lazy butt out the door while it was still morning (barely)

11:45 a.m., 43F, winds a blowing at 14 mph, no rain, but very overcast.

11.08 miles, Duration: 2:10, Pace: 11:48 / mile

Splits:  12:54, 12:46,12:44, 12:08,11:29,11:23, 11:12,10:36,11:01, 11:25, 12:07, 13:07

Headed out to rock creek parkway to see if the leaves were changing.  There were a few trees that were all red, but mostly still green....next week or the week after shoud be just right!

Making time in my schedule tomorrow to read all the fantastic race reports....can't wait!

Good runs and good day everyone

Trails Rock!

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

What!?  No Dg report yet????

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                  It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

I looked up dg, and she is in.   Just don't want anyone fearing the worst!

Reeled off 18.35 mi today here going outside the bubble of Walt Disney World.  Had two friends with me.  Absolute blast of a run.  Good times.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Marathon Maniac #957

Oh I feel terrible that I didn't call back to say how Dg did, but we got caught up in finding her brother and saying our goodbyes and heading off for showers and such in our various directions, but Dg's official time was 4:59:51 - pretty darn awesome for a first marathon!  After Bill and I got through the chute, reunited with his DW and family, I got my gear bag and called Debbie to find out where she was on the course.  Then we worked our way through the crowd to a place along the fence near the end where we could watch for her.  She had told me on the phone that she was hurting some, but you'd never have believed it to see her flying down the pavement to the finish line - she looked great!  

Even though I didn't get a PR, I'm not unhappy with my time.  It's still a BQ for 2010 and 2011, and I came close enought to my PR to prove to myself that it wasn't a total fluke.  It was a good day.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

So pleased for Byll!  That's today's best news, for sure.

It's nice to know that we'd be hard-pressed to run a marathon in worse conditions.   So we've got that behind us now. It was pretty intense, especially at the half-way point on a narrow stretch of road between two wind-whipped bodies of water.   The half-marathoners finished up, and unbelievably, we circled around their finish line and...had to keep going.

Looking out the window of our cozy hotel room now, it's hard to imagine that we were actually out there in that . The trees are bent over, the rain is going sideways, and the waves are crashing on the beach.   It must have been truly miserable for the volunteers and spectators.  I am very grateful to them.

I'm also so pleased for dg.  I hope she is wearing that medal very proudly right now.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Yes, I was so happy to read about Bill's BQ.  Looking forward to seeing you there, Bill.

And dg., way to go!  Are you grinning ear-to-ear?

If anyone is interested, this is what we ran in today.  I imagine Bay State wasn't much different.  (Nice race, Tramps!)

Amica Marathon Nor'easter

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

Marathon Maniac #957

PDR and WRFB - you ran today in what is my worst fear for marathon weather.  Talk about earning your maniac status the hard way - you are tough, tough, tough!  Great job!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Slo

PDR...WRFB

Your my hero's !

What a way to embrace the suck !

wow!!  what a day!!   the weather in Lowell worsened by the minute til it was eventually SNOWING!!! 

my official half time is 2:00:18 - no mat at the start for the 1/2 marathoners but my garmin had me about 30 seconds behind the start -- very happy!!    changed into some dry clothes then stayed out in the rain, sleet, snow waiting for my friends who were running their 1st marathon!!

congrats to all.......deb - you are a MARATHONER!!  WRFB and PDR -- you are MANIACS!!

Byll -- BOSTON bound!!  woohooo

holly and buckeye-- great times!!

latoruga - nice job!!

tramps -- oh tramps -- where are you?? can't believe we were at the expo at the same time and still missed each other -- so sorry!

nono  and cny - nice long runs!!

denise