Masters Running

Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Week 5 - Final Week - Let's Start Again (Read 409 times)

TammyinGP

But Leslie . . . today was weigh-in . . .next weigh-in isn't until next Thursday. Today is actually the day to say "Yes!" Big grin

Tammy

I have been hugely inconsistent about posting on this thread and actually based on Mari's table I should not lose any more weight, but I'd like to drop another couple of pounds. I'm down 2 lbs since the START date to 117. I haven't done anything other than increase mileage so that must be the factor that caused the weight loss. I am making a concerted effort also to do two other things I often fail to do: 1) drink more water during the day; and 2) eat protein/carbs within a half an hour after any run lasting an hour or more. Alternately, I need to find a good recovery drink - maybe a Slimfast or something. I don't like milk so no chocolate milk. Anyone have any good ones that they use? I do have some Endurox but I dislike it so much that I use it only after runs lasting 2 hours or more.

Once a runner . . .

I will say yes to this and get on board. My weight usually rises in the fall as I am coaching and teaching and not doing well with meals. This past year I also tacked on 3 grad classes so my weight hit an all time high of 217, which I have dropped to 215 this week. My goal is to get under 200 by the end of the 5 weeks. I have started keeping a food journal with my goals posted whenever I start a new page. I am not tracking every calorie, just looking at what is going in to see if this helps. Nonoruns one of the things I have heard recently is when your body is tired it thinks it needs more calories, so getting enough rest is a very good thing. Good luck to all in this endeavor.
          But Leslie . . . today was weigh-in . . .next weigh-in isn't until next Thursday. Today is actually the day to say "Yes!" Big grin
          YES! Down 2.7 lbs.! Big grinBig grin Thanks, Tammy. Sometimes we need reminders that we are doing well despite what our minds are trying to tell us. Was perusing the latest issue of "People" magazine last night whilst getting my hair done. Big section on people who lost enormous amounts of weight. Very inspiring! The three ladies on the front lost a total of well over 300 lbs. all together. One lady lost 126 lbs., and she wasn't the biggest loser, she's just the one who's amount I can remember. 126 lbs.!! Shocked That's absolutely incredible. She another one of the ladies was featured on the Today Show yesterday morning, and they well deserve the attention.

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Jlynne

Meg, if you have the time (and I'm not sure this is a cold weather drink), why not take some whey protein powder, some fresh or frozen fruit, a couple of ice cubes and some orange juice and stick it in a blender? I was drinking those nearly every day during the summer/fall, and really felt like this was helping muscle recovery. I haven't done them in a while because I'm so cold when I come in from a run that the last thing I want to do is drink something cold, but I think this might be a good option. Sometimes I stick a container of light yogurt in with the other ingredients to make a thicker "smoothie" type drink. There's not a real lot of calories in them, either and they stay with you most of the morning.
            Mariposai

RE: my table. Please know that this table is the "healthy for you" weight table and not the "barbie doll wanna be weight table" We had used this table for the 10 years I have been here for dietary counseling. Wanna know your frame?...I also have a chart, but don't have the time to scan and post it right now, maybe tomorrow or during my lunch hour if I get one today.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Wanna know your frame?
                Yes, please!

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

umwb

I want to join! can I lie about my weight? Big grin Ok Ok Lying doesn't accomplish anything. Evil grin My wieght is a whopping 260 Lbs my goal is to lose 20 lbs in five weeks,Shocked
                  When I'm not running I'm on my Triumph Rocket 3 !

Renee the dog

... and not the "barbie doll wanna be weight table"
                    Well that table comes with free implants, right? Wink

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Meg, if you have the time (and I'm not sure this is a cold weather drink), why not take some whey protein powder, some fresh or frozen fruit, a couple of ice cubes and some orange juice and stick it in a blender?
                      JLynne, this sound terrific for weekends and warmer weather and I will give it a try when I have time. I am also looking for something that I can grab as I rush out the door to work. I am quite sure my frame qualifies as small. I think they have you measure your wrists or something like that. Mine are tiny - measuring something like 5 1/4 inches. I have my running watch notched all the way to the last hole.

Once a runner . . .

Jlynne

I'd love to know my frame! I'd also like to know if there's a "special" weight and frame for women over 55 who are going through menopause. Do I get a few extra pounds for that?Big grin
                          Nono - I've drank the Ensure chocolates before. They're not bad, but that stuff can get pricey. I also mix juice (usually cranberry) with ff plain yogurt. Just dump together in a glass and stir really well. It's like a smoothie, only no ice or banana and it's faster than dragging out the blender. You can make it as thick or as thin a mixture as you want, and you can make it up ahead. Just shake it really well before drinking.

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Wasn't even thinking about today being a weigh-in day, but this morning my weight was EXACTLY the same as it was 5 weeks ago. ARGHHHHHH! At least I didn't gain. Roll eyes On Monday, my weight was EXACTLY what it was the first day back to school last January. This would be great if I were actually a healthy weight to begin with. I'll definitely sign on for 5 more weeks with you lovely people. The Biggest Loser challenge at school starts on Monday and this is the year I WILL get to and stay at a healthy weight! Eliz Smile

flomotioncoaching.com

Eliz I always like it when you post on here. I think there are some similarities in our lives and it is good to see what you have to say and how you handle everything in your life. I will see you at our goal in 5 weeks!
                              Mariposai

Quick Reference to Find Your Frame Size. Keep in mind that this is a far less accurate measurement method, but is commonly used by healthcare professionals. For example, I have done it the scientific way and this way and both put me as a large frame person, which I am for high and bone structure. To calculate your frame type place your thumb and index finger around your wrist. If your finger overlaps the thumb, your frame is a "Small Frame". If they touch, your frame is a "Medium Frame". If they do not touch, your frame is a "Large Frame".

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard