Masters Running

Weightloss or MITTH Challenge - Week 5 - Final Week - Let's Start Again (Read 409 times)

TammyinGP

Mari - you've seen me, so you know what I look like build-wise. I would consider myself medium framed, wouldn't you? Yet, I have thin wrists and hands and can easily overlap my thumb and forefinger around my wrist. But if you say I'm 'medium' than that's what I'm sticking with . . . because you are a professional Wink

Tammy

Mariposai

Mari - you've seen me, so you know what I look like build-wise. I would consider myself medium framed, wouldn't you? Yet, I have thin wrists and hands and can easily overlap my thumb and forefinger around my wrist. But if you say I'm 'medium' than that's what I'm sticking with . . . because you are a professional Wink
      a disclaimer here.....I am not a professional, but I do have access to their tools and advice jijij and yes, I would say you are a medium frame, but who am I to say that?

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Renee the dog

To calculate your frame type place your thumb and index finger around your wrist. If your finger overlaps the thumb, your frame is a "Small Frame". If they touch, your frame is a "Medium Frame". If they do not touch, your frame is a "Large Frame".
        dagnammit. I was hoping for a medium. I'm going to say I'm on the medium size of small frame. (No, I have not been drinking!) So if I go with the mid-point of the small frame for my height, I should be at 120 lbs. That's my fabulous at 45 goal. I keep forgetting that's only 11 mo away. Surprised

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

My finger and thumb just barely overlap. 5'8", 140+ pounds, I don't think I'm small. Okay, Medium-small. That sounds nice!

Leslie
          Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mariposai

you girls are so funny let the heart direct... and just have a blast living life at it's fullest after all...this is not a dress rehearsal.... this is the REAL thing.

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

OK...my official week 5 Thursday (friday) weigh in is 155 which is up two pounds from last week and down 1 pound from the initial weigh in.
              Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Prince of Fatness

December 5 - 173 lbs. December 12 - 171.5 lbs. December 19 - 172.5 lbs. December 26 - 175 lbs. January 2 - 174.5 lbs. January 9 - 172.5 lbs. OK, so I lost a half of a pound during this go around. I'll take it. I lost 2 pounds this week. It was good to be back to normal with dieting. Count me in for more of this. I want to get down to around 165 or a little less. Thanks for starting this Holly. It provided just enough motivation to at least keep things status quo over the holidays. I did the frame test and my finger and thumb touch, which makes me medium framed. I just don't see me as ever being able to maintain my weight in the 148-160 range that the chart calls for. I am shooting for 160-165.

Not at it at all. 

Renee the dog

you girls are so funny let the heart direct... and just have a blast living life at it's fullest after all...this is not a dress rehearsal.... this is the REAL thing.
                  So true, but my heart has been saying for a long time: "STOP EATING LIKE A LINEBACKER. Or become a linebacker..."

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Well, no giant surprise that I fall well into the small frame category and that's okay because I'm at the low end of that weight range. There probably ought to be a special post-menopause category. I'm not there yet, but am told it gets increasingly difficult to keep the weight off. Thank goodness for running.
                    I also mix juice (usually cranberry) with ff plain yogurt. Just dump together in a glass and stir really well. It's like a smoothie, only no ice or banana and it's faster than dragging out the blender. You can make it as thick or as thin a mixture as you want, and you can make it up ahead. Just shake it really well before drinking.
                    Thanks for this idea Leslie. I have both juice and plain yogurt at home right now and can easily mix this up before I run out the door to work. It's easy AND cheap! What more could one ask?

Once a runner . . .

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, this takes a little bit more time, but I LOVE these protein shakes and have them a couple times a week, usually on the days I weight train: 1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder 1/2 sliced banana (I slice them up and freeze them in baggies ahead of time) 1/2 cup frozen berries (usually blueberry or strawberry) 1/4 c. lowfat cottage cheese Splenda (or other artificial sweetner) 4-5 ice cubes 1 cup water This sounds complicated but it's really not. It has about 26 g of protein, and only 200 calories, and it tastes like blueberry (or strawberry) cheesecake - I love it!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Marathon Maniac #957

Okay, I did a tabulation of our results in our 5-week challenge, and I have to say that we had a LOT of successes!! Great job! And even those who gained a little (and let's face it - how easy is that over the holidays?), now's your chance to make a new start. Deez4boyz - Up 4 Nonoruns - Up 2.9 Eliz4015 - Maintained Perfectly! MrPHinNJ - Down ½ Evryday - Down 1 Jlynne - Down 1 Mariposai - Down 1 Hopeful - Down 1.4 Jdmom - Down 2 Fatozzig - Down 2.7 Holly - Down 3 The Jogger - Down 3

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Holly and The Jogger win the Biggest Loser Award! Big grin

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

The Jogger

Thanks Holly for doing this!!!!! I always knew I was a loser Tongue Wink Roy
                              My Living Will Last night, my friend and I were sitting in the living room and I said to her, "I never want to live in a vegetative state, dependent on some machine fluids fro a bottle. If that ever happens, just pull the plug." She got up, unplugged the TV, and threw out myw ine. She's such a $itch. Big grinBig grinBig grin

Leslie
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

flatland mountaineer

I'll pass on the next round but will stop by to read the comedySmile

The whole world said I shoulda used red but it looked good to Charlene in John Deere Green!!

Support Ethanol, drink the best, burn the rest.

Run for fun? What the hell kind of recreation is that?  quote from Back to the Fut III