Masters Running

Fri Aug 21 Runs and Workouts (Read 368 times)

I never post before a run, but today I'm in a bit of a time crunch.

We wanted to thank everyone for the outpouring of support and love for our impending, and now new, grandchild.  Not to belabor the subject (we do need to move on to new topics, right?) I'm posting a couple of pictures for those of you who haven't seen these on facebook.

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

SteveP

Sweet way to start the day Lou!!!! Congrats!!!!!!!

SteveP

Marathon Maniac #957

Adorable!  What a beautiful way to start the thread - thanks for sharing those, Lou.  

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Oh, I just want to kiss those baby cheeks! 

Brinkley and I got up and out for a 3 mile run this morning.  10:15 avg. pace with a few small walk breaks thrown in.   Rain clouds parted enough to see the big dipper and a few other stars.   A very windy morning and there were three areas that had the strong scent of skunk along my route.  P.U.!!!

I went to the doctor yesterday for my post-op visit and everything is good.   Smile

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
          It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Wahhhhooooo!  Baby pics!  Thanks for sharing them!

AND........

Wahhhhhooooooo for a spectacular high tide, barefoot fartlek run for me in the wind of Hurricane Bill!  SUPER DUPER WONDERFUL!

I was just doing a basic 3 miler this morning 'cause it was too hot to take Renee -- so I grabbed tomorrow's shorty off my schedule for this morning. (Hoping that tomorrow I can take her for today's scheduled intervals as she loves running them). 

First mile wasn't all so hot, then hooey, everything was wonderful!  The wet sand under the inch or so of tide giving so perfectly under my feet...ahhhhhh. 

What a run!

Have a great day everybody!!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

...LOU//.......WHAT A DOLL!!!!!!

I had heard reports of a Beautiful GrandBaby, and they were on the money,,,,

,,,,,,congratulations. to the GrandBeers,,,,,,,

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

He's got runner's legs!!! Congratulations to all of you, and thanks for posting the great pictures Lou.

Nono - your run this morning sounded absolutely wonderful. I can just imagine how great it would be to run in the sand without shoes.

Mary - glad everything was okay at the doc's. Nothing like the fresh aroma of skunk to get you going in the morning, eh?

4.5 miles at a nice 9:17 pace in the rain for me, then 7 minutes of jumping rope in the garage.  When I jump rope on the driveway, my neighbors all look at me like I'm crazy, but I give them something to talk about.

Have a good day, good people.

Slo

Great Pic's Lou ! Spoil the hell out him !  Oh and make sure he knows how to brew a good Pilsner.

Out for an easy 7.96 this morning. I was going to go for a swim last night at our outdoor munciple pool but they've already closed it. School started yesterday and the pool closes when they go back to school. There's still water in it and I guess there's a group lobbying to at least keep it open on the weekends.

I got pretty accustomed to getting some good swims in after work. Now I may have to go back to my morning swim schedule and push my runs into the afternoon.

It's Friday and before we call it an end to our day I hope everyone has an opportunity to raise a glass and offer up a toast to a good week of running.

Here Here

Zum Wohl

Prost

In case you didn't already know: (From MSN.com article today) Duh.....

You run for 40 minutes a day.

Scientists in California found that middle-aged people who did just that—for a total of about five hours per week—lived longer and functioned better physically and cognitively as they got older; the researchers tracked runners and nonrunners for 21 years. "What surprised us is that the runners didn't just get less heart disease—they also developed fewer cases of cancer, neurologic diseases, and infections," says study author Eliza Chakravarty, M.D., an assistant professor of medicine at Stanford University School of Medicine. "Aerobic exercise keeps the immune system young." If you don't like to run, even 20 minutes a day of any activity that leaves you breathless can boost your health, she says.

Whew!  Here I am. That was pretty intense - from the time I got the call to put Operation BeerBaby into motion until I fell into bed last night at the hotel.  50-some hours of pure excitement, fatigue, a little drama, and a big prize at the end. I am so lucky to have been invited to be part of it all.  The only thing I missed was the actual birth because they would only allow one family member in the OR.  Daddy and I drew straws, and...  Just kidding.  I waited impatiently outside the door and heard his first cries.

Ran 6+ miles with LaTortuga this morning along the Charles River.  Warm and humid.  I was thinking about turning it into 10, but I was completely wiped out.  I guess I'm still tired.  I ran into the other grandma in Harvard Square, in from Rochester to join the baby party (and also returning from her run). We're meeting for breakfast in a few minutes, and then we have to kill time until the 1pm visiting hours at the hospitial.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

Good morning, gang!

Wow - what a handsome little dude!!!  Congratulations to the proud parents and grandparents!!

SLO - that was quite a welcoming sign - too kewl!

Mary - so happy to hear the good news from your doctor.

Hottest morning yet here - 77 degrees and 92% humidity when I let Jesse out at 4:45 this morning.  It's been far too hot to let her stay outside this week - she's been enjoying the cool basement.   The run wasn't as bad as I expected (not saying that it was good by any means) - 7 hilly miles @ 10:15 and 154 AHR.  My perceived effort was much harder than my heart rate indicated. 

Hope nobody has to race in this extreme H&H this weekend - good luck if you do!

Sue Running is a mental sport...and we're all insane! Anonymous

Tramps

Aw, cute pics.  Hard to tell from the photo but looks to me like normal arches maybe basic stability shoe would be best to start with.

Bagged my planned 10-miler.  Managed 6 slow, sluggish, and sweaty miles @ 8:59.

Be safe. Be kind.

i'm lovin' it... MM#1949

Cute baby!

Glad you could get out and run PDR!! and with LaT.. sweet!

I wanna run with nono! Sounds great!

Unrunable smothering humidity (77°, dewpoint 72°) for 4 Magical Healing Miles in 39:16 (9:48 pace, AHR 147)... cooler/drier conditions coming by Sunday!

Perch's Profile "I don't know if running adds years to your life, but it definitely adds life to your years." - Jim Fixx "The secret is to make in your mind possible what was not possible before. The secret is to make easy what was difficult, instead to make difficult what really is easy." - Coach Renato Canova

wildchild

Carolyn

Lou and Harriet, what a cutie!  And c-section babies don't have pointy heads - little Nate's head is so round! (LIke this smiley.)  I foresee lots of trips to San Diego in your future.

Sue, it's too hot out for the dog?  Wow.  I sometimes wish we lived at a slightly lower altitude, but at least it's never too hot.  Well, maybe too hot to run, but for me that's anything over about 75°, and it does get into the 80's sometimes. (Those of you suffering from H&H, don't hate me - our winters are very long (although not super cold) and there's no air to breathe.)

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

It's great to get the news about Beer Baby and have pictures of the cute little guy.  It's good to know everyone is doing well. 

evan, I'm sorry to hear about your tooth problems.  It sounds sort of serious and I hope it gets taken care of soon.

Today isn't a running day but I am looking forward to the Crim tomorrow.  Actually, I'm looking forward to seeing some of the RA crew and hoping the race doesn't go too badly.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Tom - it looks like fabulous running weather for the Crim tomorrow!    Have a great time meeting up with all the wonderful Michigan runners!!

Sue - Brinkley absolutely HATES hot weather!   We have 4 of the same breed of dog, and he is the only one that has a hard time dealing with it.   He sure doesn't mind running in it though - crazy dog!!

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
                                It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com