Masters Running

A New Beginning - Wed., 5.1.13 (Read 54 times)

SteveP

Thoughts and prayers to Leslie and Shorty.....Shorty's got a good woman in his corner.

Ran at 6 am with Hudson----frisky 5 miles with some squirrel fartleks. I meet up with the fast girls tomorrow morning for the first time in many months...roar---making my way back.

Button busting last night at the national honor society induction. The kiddo was a speaker and nary an "um" or a "you know" or even a "like" was uttered. Time is flying.....!

rest day

SteveP

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

With wildchild's monthly helping me realize that adding April my December and February zilches isn't doing much for my January vow to “get serious, very serious about running this year,.” I went out for a first training run since January.  I guess I needed it as a planned four miles turned into 2.5 miles of barely running and 1.5 walking, if that.  oh well.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."