Masters Running

Monday's daily, 10.16.17 (Read 40 times)

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 easy at lunch

8 hilly after work

Legs are truly dead this evening.

But this is it, peak training week, just push through to Sunday, then taper ahoy

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Such great, memorable races for all three marathoners.

thanks for sharing.

evanflein I saw the relive of your Vermont marathon. That course looks awfully dull. Out and back along the exact same route. Some out and back sections are fine. But 100%?

However, I thought the out-and-back was just a shorty and most was along the lake.

I didn't use to like OB's either back when I was faster but now that I'm not, I like the chances provided by OB courses to see friends and other runners with their encouragements along the way.  In fact, though mainly to allow getting along with only one aid station, the most popular marathons sponsored by the Japan 100-Marathon Joyful Running Club are around the 1.1 mile loop at the Grand Park in Hiratsuka and the 5K around the Imperial Palace in Tokyo.  Me too.

picture post jay - a neat idea I've never heard of but I'm not surprised that they don't have any picture posts listed from Seattle where a thousand permits are required for doing almost anything but that's okay, . . . usually.

Good timing on Leslie's trip.

The rain being predicted for the last four weeks to end the four-month drought since June 17 is finally supposed to arrive with enough rain to get the streets and highways wet (1/4") maybe even followed by 2-4 inches on Wednesday.  I hope so as I"m still wondering if the last four months have turned me from a lifetime of ourdoor sports and activities in the rain into a weather wim, . . . I mean, a follower of running rule no. one, . . . but I doubt it.  We'll see.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

TammyinGP

4.3 easy miles tonight.  I need to run in heat, humidity and crazy hills more often, because this running in cool temps, no humidity and flat ground seems so much easier now!

Tammy

evanflein

Tet, when we landed in Seattle this afternoon, it looked absolutely beautiful with blue skies, some puffy clouds and ample sunshine. Sorry about that. 

Tramps, as Holly said, Steamtown was last weekend. And Equinox was on Sept. 16, so that's three marathons in a month with the first one being a bear terrain-wise, and the other two being a bear weather-wise.

Twocat, the out-and-back isn't like your underpasses and overpasses, you know. It's really not hard duty to run so many miles along Lake Champlain in mid-October in Vermont... but I will say the fall colors were a bit disappointing due to the warm fall they've had. The worst thing was the smell. OMG, I went to school for three years in Wisconsin, dead-center cow-country, and I don't recall such a gagging smell as these fields on the Vermont islands. South Hero, OMG, you stink! I really wasn't expecting that. I will also say, that the medal from the VT marathon is the homeliest medal I've ever seen. I thought the plain bronze Seattle marathon was bad. Ufda, this one is frog-green, no date (other than the year) and they had the same medal for the marathoners and the halfs, just different colored ribbons. Well, for $55 it was a very low key marathon, that's for sure. Glad to have another done, and again feel so fine the next day I wonder if I pushed hard enough (but don't think I could've done more yesterday!). As I trotted down the stairs at the Seattle airport this afternoon, a friend I saw (and we Fairbanksans see a lot of friends in the Sea-Tac airport!) said, "Hey, didn't you just run a marathon yesterday??"

Welcome back, Leslie, and I was thinking that at some point, you just needed to get back to a run/walk return to running and just deal with it. I know that might sound harsh, but hey, that's what I basically did with my foot years ago and it's fine now.

RunnerKSA, another vote for sorry for what your DD is going through, but sounds like she's a strong individual and yes, lucky to have you in her corner. It's still a bitch though, so yeah, sorry for what life is dishing up for her these days.

We had a good day of travel home, all flights on time and well done (again, yay to Alaska Airlines!). DS1 picked us up at the airport and we stopped at the store for milk and other stuff to make dinner and breakfast. Came home to find they'd been cooking here (that's fine, we asked them to stay and play with the cat) but left stinky trash for the last few days. Whewie! Bleh, got that bagged up and out of here, got the windows open even with the cool temps and 2 loads of laundry are done now at a little after 9 pm. We need to get to bed to get in early and get the truck in for snow tires... yep it was snowing on the way home and the roads will be bad tomorrow. So it goes. Onward to the work week, at least it's just 4 days!