Masters Running

Toosday's Daily, 1.16.18 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday’s workouts:
    Dave59 (3 morning gym TM miles)
    Tramps (5 morning miles in 14° temps)
    RunnerKSA (3.5 morning miles in 40° darkness)
    Jlynne (5.8 morning miles at 5AM in 16° with flurries)
    Marj (3 EZ slippery miles)
    C-R (4.3 slippery miles in 3” of new snow)
    Henrun (2.4 frozen miles on cycle paths & road with a dusting)
    Twocat (100 yd airport sprint)
    Tomwhite (50 min HH with hillage in 30s temps with WC)
    Evanflein (2.52 miles/20 min on the elliptical + weights & core)
    Bioguy (6.5 miles, incl. w/u + 600m intervals with 400m recoveries in damp & cold)
    Deeze (2.6 TM miles)
    Enke (4 mostly dirt track miles)
    Holly (30 min of weights & core)
    Catwhoorg (5 lunchtime miles + 6 post-work miles)
    Falconfixer (13.5 miles in about 1:48)
    Surly Bill (12.3 miles at 8:16 pace [with some walking, but don’t tell anyone])
    Mike (9 night time TM miles, including 3X2 at 6:40 pace)

I woke up early again, but I stayed up today, and was out the door at 3:45 for 8.1 RW miles in 18° temps under overcast skies in advance of tonight's and tomorrow morning's snow.

Have a greta Tuesday.

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Good job, Jay!

5 treadmill miles this morning.  It was snowing, blowing and very cold outside.  I'm supposed to fly to Albany mid-day, but we shall see.  So far roads don't look terrible since it's a dry snow, but we don't do weather very well here in the south.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Good morning Jay and all to follow. Your temps sound much like those here today. It was 16° and windy, and after the snow we got yesterday I decided to stay indoors and run on the treadmill. 5.9 miles followed with 25 minutes of weights and core. The New Years resolution people are slowly fading away, and it was nice to keep a treadmill for an hour this morning. We got 3+ inches of snow yesterday, but tips of the Door Peninsula got over 20 inches! I love how calm everyone is up there. My SIL and her husband texted us some pictures. They have a long driveway and said it took them almost 3 hours to get it cleared.

Good news about the implant Holly, but bad news about the UTI. Hope the meds clear it up quickly.

After a day or two, what are your thoughts on your new job Mike? And I think your team has a really good chance of playing in a Super Bowl in their own stadium. Wonder how much those tickets would go for!

Has anyone seen "The Polka King" on Netflix yet? I'd be curious to get your reaction. And speaking of Netflix, David Letterman has a new series called "My Next Guest". We watched the first one over the weekend. A lengthy interview with former President Obama. It was really good - he talked about life after the White House, sending his first child off to college, the ability to sleep in now, just a great interview.

Off to cross train with the shovel. Have a great day everyone.

Dave59

Jay - If you are out the door at 3:45 to workout, you must go to bed at 7:00 the night before.

We are supposed to get 1-3 inches of snow and of course everything is closed here. My friends back in Buffalo must get a real kick seeing people rush the stores and lock themselves in the house over an inch of snow. If they closed schools where I grew up every time it snowed an inch I would have been off for months.

But it was fun. First measurable snow since a late snow in early Spring 2016. Probably only an inch on the ground so far. I went over to the park and ran 4 miles. I got to lay down fresh tracks just about anywhere I went. It is still snowing. It is beautiful when you're running with the wind, but when you are against the wind all the snowflakes take direct aim at your eyes and you can't look around.

I parked and started off at the back of the park. When I got to the "lake" at the front of the park there was one guy there fishing. He said, "It looks like we're the only 2 people crazy enough to be out."

Looking ahead, race #2 of the winter series is coming Sunday and it is predicted to be 58°

WOW Jay!! Your Jay o'clock is getting earlier and earlier!!

6.2 sunny brisk miles with a couple of friends - now time to get ready to drive to the Cape with mil

HAPPY TOOSDAY!!

denise

Henrun

4 overdressed miles as the temps gradually increase. We’re supposed to get more snow tomorrow but it looks like most of it will miss us. I like the dry sidewalks.

Holly - Thankfully I haven't had a UTI in years and years and years.  I remember them being painful.  Good news about the tooth!

Hoping Mike's 2nd day of work as well as the first.

Dave has Spidey Sense!

The Hub reads A LOT and has a knack for finding good reads at 2nd hand stores - all non-fiction - and I pilfer a lot off of him.  I recently read "Three Cups of Tea" by David Oliver Relin and Greg Mortenson and really enjoyed it.  Last week he found the follow-up book, so it's next on my list after I finish the "Call the Midwives" trilogy, which I have really enjoyed.

I didn't get back in here last evening to post it, but I managed 30 min of core/ST after work yesterday.  Today I am throwing caution to the wind and using only one crutch, gingerly putting more weight on my foot.  Keeping fingers crossed things hold!

Okay - I need to get to work.  Enjoy ~~

Leslie
                Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Good news about the tooth!

Well, still only tentative good news.  If there is indeed no damage to the bone around the implant, I don't understand why it hurts so much.  Just the barest touch from the opposing tooth as I gingerly eat can make me jump with pain.  Still, I am keeping my fingers crossed.

The dogs sleep in our bedroom at night, Dexter on his pillow and Rosie in a crate.  When I get up in the wee hours to go to the bathroom, I always let the dogs out into the backyard for a minute, then gate them in the kitchen for the rest of the night (they have pillows there, too).  This morning when I got up and went to the kitchen, their pillows were empty.  Struck with the fear that I had forgotten to let them back in at 1am, leaving them out all night in the snow and near-zero temps, I threw on a coat and snow boots, grabbed a flashlight, and went tearing into the backyard darkness looking for them, kneeling in the snow to peer under the shed and under the deck, calling their names, terrified that I would find a frozen mound of dog.  Not finding them, I ran back to the house to enlist DH's help in the search.  The dogs were waiting for me at the backdoor, inside, in the kitchen.  The must have been sleeping under the kitchen table where I couldn't see them.     I think I aged several years.

5 miles for me on the TM.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

catwhoorg

Labrat

5 cold miles at lunch.

Bad weather coming the metro area, going to be skipping any post-work stuff to try to get home before the roads get too bad.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

I think I aged several years.

I'm glad I'm not the only one whose pets have given him/her a heart attack. 

Leslie
                      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

....welp,3-inches of Snow falling here............low tonite 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEN

they said what the WindChill was gonna be          

==========

.....60-min x-bike

probably another tomorrow

.............Good Work-Outs to Ya.................and Drive Safely

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

C-R

Hey all. 2 degrees and a head cold forced me to the treadmill at lunch. I may go to the indoor track after dinner.

I know what you mean Holly. Our collie is what I like to call a roamer. I usually let him out first thing in the backyard. No fence. 99% of the time he stays close and I can see him. Every once in a while I take my eye off and he sees something interesting and I get out the door quick.

I find some decent books at Goodwill. Obviously I need to be rad and read. 

Well enjoy the snow and stay warm out there.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
                          "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

Quote of the Day from the Bangor, Maine, Police Department FB page: "Intristic Dipstickery"  

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

When I moved to central Texas back in August I donated all of my cold weather gear because you know its central Texas, it don't get that cold!

Boy I wish I hadn't done that!!! Managed to find enough stuff to keep me somewhat warm on an easy 3.5 in 24 degree temps, no dip in the pool after either. Hope everyone is staying warm that ventures out on a run.

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

No run, today.  It was a scheduled day off...even though I still don't have a schedule.

It was another good day at work.  It's nice to work with nice people.  I do miss getting home at 2:30 or 3:00 and not having to spend an hour stuck in traffic to and from work every day...but I'll take this over what I was dealing with any day.

Okay--gotta go--Debbie is calling me.  See ya!