Masters Running

Sat. 3/26 daily...the day Mrs Tramps is no longer a Marathon virgin! (Read 505 times)

Mariposai

Go Mrs Tramps go!!!! (I am wearing my cheer-leading outfit for you sistahh)

Go Tramps go!!!!

Go racers go!!!!

I have a 20 miler on my plate today. The plan...sleep in until 8 am. Start running by 9am...finish when I darn please Smile

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

Good luck racers!!!

Awesome pictures you posted yesterday Perch!   I think that should be framed!!

I'm sitting here trying to get motivated for my first run around the lake.   I wish it was warmer out there.  Ah well, I better get going.  

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
      It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Dave59

I'm sitting here trying to get motivated for my first run around the lake.   I wish it was warmer out there.  Ah well, I better get going.  

Lake Michigan?! Big grin

I refuse to go out and run when it is only 6° and it is the end of March.  I'll wait until later when the temperature sores into the 20's.  I'm going to sit here, drink coffee, and read a book of short stories from Kurt Vonnegut.  (My favorite person to read.)  These were previously unpublished stories that came out after he died.  How this book has been around since 2009 without my knowledge is beyond me.

Run good Mrs. Tramps!

Been a long time since I tried to link a picture...  Lets see if this works: 

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5302/5561391002_947b5f64ca.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5027/5561391450_13c07ce06f.jpg

http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5017/5561391224_ae335ea4d0.jpg

(We had the party early because everyone wanted cake.) 

Annabelle's 3rd birthday.  She already spilled a cup of water on herself. Roll eyes  And I can see my camera clock is not in daylight savings time yet.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Good morning friends. I decided I would do my triple today instead of tomorrow, since the timing works out better this way. It's quite cold here as well, for March at least. Had to take the ragg wool mittens and handwarmers out again. But I got 'er done.

Run #1: 5.3 miles in 48:13. Splits paces were 9:01, 9:26, 9:11, 8:59, 8:60 (wtf?) and 8:46. Cold weather is an excellent motivator!

Go racers go!!

..Good Racing to the Trampses........

OM......w0w......

=======

....40s and rain here

.......30min poolrunning

............TrackRun tomorrow

.......................good running guys

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

OM -- your 8:60 is much more impressive than my 8:57 yesterday.  Wink    Nice running!!

Dave59 - I'm not quite up for Lake Michigan yet .... now get your behind out and run!!

14 miles around Spring Lake, where "Nature Smiles for 7 Miles".      This is a tough route with lots of rolling hills and few gosh darn hard hills.    Still my best time for a long run so far - with 10:37 avg. pace and not a single mile in the 11's.    First mile was 10:21 and last one was 10:27.   It was 11° when I started and 30 when I got back to my truck.    I'm feeling pretty good about that.

Now to the vet with Hailey ..... keep fingers crossed everyone.

~Mary

~unknown

Good Morning,  

Nice run Mary, glad you didn't try to conquer Lake Michigan... Wink

Dave sounds like you have a nice plan there Cool

OM  3 runs today?  Smile 

Mariposai have a nice 20! 

TW way to keep it movin' 

6.2 easy miles for me & DW this sunny but cold morning.  I'd like to put away the winter clothes but it keeps getting delayed Sad

High school baseball supposed to start Monday, I have to warm up my right arm, when it's this cold out its easy to call strikes & outs and nobody complains... 

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Jlynne

Good luck Hailey! Hey Mary - do dogs get morning sickness? Big grin Great run this morning btw, especially in those temps. How was the footing?

I don't blame you one bit, Dave. You just relax until the temps warm to your liking.

An 8:60 mile? You had to work really hard to get that time, OM. Must have been the new hair style!

Nice pool run today Tom. I'll take those 40° temps and rain. It's 12° here with a foot and a half of snow on the ground. And April is 5 days away....

5 miles on the eliptical, 5 miles on the bike, 2 miles on the treadmill and core work this morning. After all of my problems with my back and leg, I was afraid of running on ice and snow. I'm so far behind on the training for the Cellcom half that I don't think I'll ever get caught up - the schedule showed 9 miles for today. This could be a pretty pathetic race.

Great picture yesterday, Perch.

Off for another day of packing and cleaning. Can't wait to read everyone's RR, especially Mr and Mrs Tramps!! Good luck everyone.

Awesome Annabelle! Great photos Dave and now I am hankering for cake...hmmm. Good reason for a party!

Last long run of this training cycle---yee haw! Iron J and I headed out at 7:15 am, 19 degrees and a stoopid wind that kept smacking us, but a good strong run---24.7 miles with the last 6 miles at 7:40 pace. Lips a bit too frozen to take in water with precision from my hamdheld, so that was comical at points. Boy it felt great to see my street in the closing mile--helped me keep the pace swift.

My guys are off hiking and then the last hockey games of the season this afternoon and tomorrow. The hockey bag gets stowed soon! hurray.

C-R! My brackets are toast now that OSU got spanked. Ah well. Still yelling for the Huskies though---maybe they can pull off another double champions run like they did a few years ago.

Nice run Mary---fingers crossed for Hailey!

Go Racers Go!!!!!

You are awesome OM---go for the trifecta!

Mariposai

With 6 new inches of new snow, DS#1 convinced me to ditch the idea of running 20 miles today and to go skiing instead. I guess I will run the 20 miler in very, very tired legs tomorrow.

Go Tramps gooo!!!!!!

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Is a 8:60 mile the same idea as being 5'-12"?Wink

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

hopeful4ever cold or not at least it was picturesque.  Good luck with Hailey.

Dave59 it worked!  Nice pictures.  You all need to learn patience around goodies however!  Seems like Annabelle quite liked her cake.  Imagine a 3 year old that loves cake!  Bet she likes clowns too!  Clown

OrangeMat a triple?  Wow.  I have heard of doubles but not triples, other than for a few pros.  Sounds like a pretty hefty run day ahead!

Sarge boy don't I know it!  It is freezing here!

CNYrunner can we talk?  You have this pair of legs I would like to purchase . . .  great run.

Mariposai if there is snow skiing sounds way better than a 20 miler have fun.

Muffin report:  baby banana-chocolate chip.  This is the club's favorite and you can always tell by the speed with which they get gobbled up.  I did a calorie count on these things, big mistake!  My cranberry-pecan ones come in at about 110 calories each.  The baby banana -chocolate chip ones are double that at 220!  As for me, I did a 13 mile run.  My first "scheduled" 13 miler since starting back up.  Alas, something is wrong.  The pace was 8:20 and I was "running" not cruising.  That pace should feel easy, too easy perhaps.  So, I am going to suspend running for a week and stick to the elliptical and see what happens next Saturday.  I sure hope this is very temporary.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

We're having puppies!!  Smile

~Mary

~unknown

OrangeMat

MM #6177

We're having puppies!!  Smile

YAY!! Smile

OK, bagel just came out of the toaster... gonna slap on a little PB (no J) and head back out to the park for round #2....

PUPPIES!!!!!!   Big grin

Twocat----I'll be having a bargain sale on April 19 Wink  Thanks..... it was a good run.  Hope the week off helps---you are doing so well.