Masters Running

Weekly Newbies - all runners welcome - good times here (Read 1591 times)

Beginner all over again

Peek-a-boo

I hope everyone is doing well.

Keep on Runnin'

Rindaroo

Hey all - thought I'd report in.  I ran the 5K today and was able to run the whole way Big grin   roughly 12 minute miles which isn't bad for my lack of running lately -  had fun, forgot my garmin in the car, and didn't worry about my time.  Life is good!
      stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Linda--glad you had a good run today and enjoyed yoorself.  happy for you.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Me

Linda, That's great.  I'm glad you ran the race, and didn't worry about the time.
          Rindaroo

Thanks guys!  I looked at results, and turns out my time was 36:05 & avg of 11:37 which honestly I am surprised at.  I slowed wayyy down a couple of times, so I must have been running pretty good .  Maybe I should try running without the Garmin more often Big grin  Oh & I feel more motivated now.  Maybe that 5K is what I needed for a kick in the rear..

Beginner all over again

Linda -- great job on the 5K time and nice to plain ole Enjoy the race too I bet :-)

Eliz -- Are you going to train for a marathon? That's my new goal too. I just decided yesterday. I just "declared" my training for my upcoming Half Marathon "completed" and I'm just doing slow easy recovery basebuilding types of runs for the next couple weeks and then the HM Race, so I consider myself "beginning" my training for my full marathon probably in a year from now.

Hi to everyone else  :-)

I only run every other day, so I went out Yesteraday and ran a LHR (Low Heart Rate) :45 min run, covered  5K nice and easy.  And today's my day off.

Happy Training!

dg.

Linda woohoo!!!!    I'm so glad.     I'm always slower than I expect to be.  I like your way better.  ... that part doesn't matter, but it's a nice extra bonus!  

Hi Frances, I'm glad your running is going so well!   What half are you going to run?

Howabout you Eliz, what is your Full? 

... what is my full?  I still haven't decided.

Happyfeat how did it go this weekend?    ... keep on writing about all these processes, because we're all going through them.  ok, at least I am.  & I like how you think.  

I took the weekend off, at least for running. I think last week was just a little too soon. So tomorrow morning, ohboy ohboy!

Linda, COngrats!

Frances, Whats a Garmin alert?

Laurie

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

HappyFeat

Just checking in to see how everyone else's weekend is going. Linda, I'm happy your run went so well and now your little running heart is fired up again. Life is always going to have its ups and downs; and so will your running. It's just the way it is. Like you said, you have multiple activities you want to spend time on. It makes for a full and hopefully rewarding life. 

My visit with family here in San Francisco is going very well.For starters, it did not rain on Dad's birthday party at the park yesterday. It was meant to be a surprise and he certainly was! All 8 "kids" and most of their families were there; with 3 of us from a distance (one sister from Scotland). He did not expect it at all and was stunned to see me and then I thought he was going to have a heart attack when he saw her. (Thank goodness he doesn't have a weak heart!)  Anyway, I've gotten in "quality" visits with pretty much everyone - so it's been very "warm and fuzzy."

We get home tomorrow evening and I'll be back on track on Tuesday. Got my work cut out for me since I'll be about 30 miles behind my new Pace Bunny then.  DH wants to go for a walk before dinner. So I'm off. Thanks for asking about the visit, Deb.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Beginner all over again

Frances, Whats a Garmin alert?

Hi Laurie,

Garmin 305 is the heart monitor I use, so I am kept my HR at 137-143

http://www.buydig.com/Shop/product.aspx?sku=GRFR305    ..........best price........

Rindaroo

HappyFeat - yes I guess that's the key, huh?  balance in life... I do have a little trouble with that.  As the kids get older, I'm sure that will help.  Sounds like you're having a good time. Big grin

Yesterday I got up early & ran 2.5 miles on the treadmill..  shocking very shocking!! lol

Beginner all over again

Hi Everyone

It's so nice to be back  

I had DOMS from my Monday run (new location, uphill both ways, ugh!)

so I thought I would take Weds off, but I felt a lot better late afternoon so I went ahead and took a jog.

Wednesday

15-30-15

:15 WU Walk only

:30 RW Run/Walk HR<135

:15 CD CoolDown Walk only

Nice and steady, lots of walking !

Happy Trails.........

HappyFeat

Yaay! It's Saturday - finally. Sucky work week...my boss and I sometimes have communication breakdowns, made worse when she's tired and tense. It got ugly this week due to a lapse in good judgment on my part. I hope to smooth things over some more next week.

Had another gorgeous scenic run this morning with Kristin. We did 11 miles!

My legs were their usual disgruntled selves. My right calf started twinging in the last mile, so I've got an ice pack on that. My hams were tight and glutes twingy, so I'm sitting on a large ice pack now. What I've noticed though is that running doesn't make them any worse and NOT running does!  When I skipped running for 5 days last week, I was in so much pain by the last day (I think from so much sitting that day).  Sitting seems to be the absolute worst thing for me right now. Since then I've run 5 miles every day and have felt better and better.

Don't make excuses for why you can't get it done. 

Focus on all the reasons why you must make it happen.

Happy. glad youre running still. I find that sitting is the worst thing for me too! Walking and moving keeps the muscle warm and flexible. Sitting tightens it up and makes it stiff.

Waddle on

Shamrock marathon March 2016. Burlington full or relay if I can find a partner May 2016. Wine and Dine half Nov. And a tri or two thrown in just for the hell of it.

Me

Good afternoon everyone.

no runs for me.  I'm joining the Pulled Hammy club.

My son tells me it may be due to overcompensating for the ITB issue on the other side.  I hate getting old.

Cheers,

Mike