Masters Running

It's a Weigthy Decision (Read 613 times)

To have or to not have the free dessert.  Well, I went with the "have" and don't regret it at all.

Yesterday a.m. - 147.5

Today a.m. - 146.8

Goal Weight - 140

Time to get back into the Weight Watchers mentality.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

I think you made the right choice! That sounded really yummy...

139.5 this morning. Sort of in a holding pattern, which is ok for now, I guess. Goal is still 135, but I'm finding I don't care so much if I get there. Anything under 140 is ok. My pants seem to fit ok.

Marathon Maniac #957

Still in the "big fat cow" range - absolutely no change from last week.  How did that happen, when I feel like I'm trying so hard?  Okay, maybe some of my resolve tends to slip around 7-9pm.

Oops.

But jeesh, a 10-mile run, 1900 calories, and still no weight loss.  Grrrrr....

I have a 20-miler planned tomorrow, and I refuse to let myself "fuel up" for it.  And I'm going to have 2 glasses of wine tomorrow night, darn it!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Prince of Fatness

OK, the feeling sorry for myself shit is over.  My ass hurts and consequently I've cut back on my mileage.  I boycotted the scale last week and this week I am 171, up 1.5 from 2 weeks ago.  Back to dieting for me.

Not at it at all. 

TammyinGP

If Holly is a big fat cow then I'm the fattest hippopotamus there ever was.

and being down one pound on a hippo is not even noticeable. . . . 

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Tammy - you are NOT a hippopotamus!  You are a lovely long-legged gazelle...

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

My ass hurts

What - Did you have a recent proctologist exam??

Hey - I vote that we're all lovely long-legged gazelles!  Except for Mr.PHin.  He's a handsome muscly gazelle.

Leslie
                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

I prefer "Lithe Kenyan" as my visualization.  My mirror vigorously disputes this.  My running chimes in along with the mirror. 

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

evanflein

I'm concerned that this thread is becoming an opportunity to unleash a little self-image bashing... that's really not the intent! Time for a reality check maybe...?

Marathon Maniac #957

Actually, I was enjoying the visual of "handsome muscly gazelle."

Prince of Fatness

What - Did you have a recent proctologist exam??

Hey - I vote that we're all lovely long-legged gazelles!  Except for Mr.PHin.  He's a handsome muscly gazelle.

Nah, I got some sort of nerve entrapment stuff going on.  I wish it was just an exam, at least it would be over with.  Right now I can't run like a gazelle, and I am just sort of muscly.  Sorry girls.

Not at it at all. 

I'm concerned that this thread is becoming an opportunity to unleash a little self-image bashing... that's really not the intent! Time for a reality check maybe...?

really - this thread has taken a funny turn in a way ......... i mean look at overall America and while we are not here to compare ourselves with anyone else but our own self we are WAY ahead of the game and to the scale this week i say

denise

Marathon Maniac #3309

really - this thread has taken a funny turn in a way ......... i mean look at overall America and while we are not here to compare ourselves with anyone else but our own self we are WAY ahead of the game and to the scale this week i say

I think Denise makes a GREAT point...............

obese_american1

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

this thread is meaningless without pictures?

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

I prefer "Lithe Kenyan" as my visualization.  My mirror vigorously disputes this.  My running chimes in along with the mirror. 

Stumpy - You just need to find a different mirror, and you need to stuff a sock in your running's chime.

MrPH - Nerve entrapment?  Okay, that doesn't sound like fun.  By hey, I'm just fine with muscly.  Just so long as it's not the steroid-I-look-like-I'm-going-to-explode kind of muscly.

Tim - Dude - where's the picture??

And yes, we're always the hardest on ourselves.  But if we can't poke a little humor at ourselves once in awhile, who can we poke it at?   We all know we're fine specimens of men and women, but it's hard to not want be justthatmuchalittlebitbetter.  Chalk it up to society.  It's told us what we're suppose to look like to be accepted. . . . . Now hand me a Diet Pepsi so that I can look like Cindy Crawford!

Leslie
                                -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance