Masters Running

WEEKLY RUNNING & X-TRAINING GROUP w/e 08/01 (Read 407 times)

Did You Ever Stop and Wonder:  Why people point to their wrist when asking for the time, but don't point to their bum when they ask where the bathroom is?

As I was putting in the date in the subject line, I remembered that this coming Sunday is our 23rd anniversary.  We're re-roofing our house as an anniversary present.  How's that for romantic?

Erika - 46 miles run, 4.2 miles walked  With a PR, no less!

Dutchie -55.9 km running, 14+ km biking, lower bod-1x, upper body-1x, abs-1x, cardio-1x

Shadowrunner - 24.2 miles running, 670 push-up, 1 hour core training, 2 hrs free weights Re "The Vapors' and  'Genteel' - about describes me perfectly!!

Dove -25+ miles running, 1 weight session

Stumpy - 8.5 miles running And lots of traveling

pfriese - 21.5 miles running

OrangeMat - 32.8 miles, 3x yoga  Welcome to our little world!

fatozzig - 20.40 road miles, 13.75 trail miles, 30 min stationary cycling, 1.50 hrs core/strength training

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Mon - Rest (maybe some abs) ------------------------------------- 30 mins abs

Tues - Upper Body/Core, Hill Repeats --------------------------- 50 mins upper body/abs, 4 hill repeats

Wed - 10 miles w/Strides -------------------------------------------- 9.50 miles w/strides, 9:59 ap.  Dead legs last mile, but I did climb all the hills without stopping.

Thurs - Core/Strength ------------------------------------------------- 50 min upper body/core

Fri - 16 trail miles ------------------------------------------------------- 16.28 trail miles after work

Sat - All Day Notary Class, then 10 Miles (?)-------------------- Class

Sun - 23rd Anniversary, 10 Miles Here(?) ------------------------ 12.2 miles

Total: 21.2 road miles, 16.28 trail miles, 130 min of combined upper/lower body and core

Leslie
      -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie. Coming off last week with a squeaker of a PR means I can take Monday easy, but this week is my first big pre-Equinox week with my first 20 miler on Sunday.

Monday: Rest Day, but vacuumed the car and the whole house, cleaned windows, etc. (what is rest?)

Tuesday: 5 miles run, still sore from Sunday's race

Wednesday: 5.6 miles run, 8:30 pace just like yesterday, .6 mile walk

Thursday: 10.7 miles steady paced run, 8:25 avg, .4 mile walk

Friday: 3.4 miles, easy effort, .5 mile walk

Saturday: 10.4 miles run, .3 mile walk

Sunday: 9.4 miles of a failed long run... plan was 20 but it was just not happening.

Totals: 44.5 miles run, about 2 miles walked, LOTS of blueberry picking!

Dutchie, the Equinox is a marathon. A very hilly marathon! It was my first, and now they've added a 50k ultra option which I did last year and will again this year. Here's the web site: Equinox Marathon

Dutchie42

Hi everyone,

Thanks Leslie for starting us up once again. 23 years eh? That's a long time! Love your question What's the Equinox Erika? A race? And congrats again on the PR. Great job!

Mon: 45min UB + abs

Catching up on the UB: did 45 minutes of Ba/Bi (STS II/15) this morning. Should've done it last Fri. Skipped the band work. And subbed the preacher curls with hammer curls. Next time instead of chin ups (I did 3 sets of 8) I'll do pull downs. I like pull downs better. 

Added on 20 min of LB with ankle weights. Darn, those always work my legs incredibly well.

Still have abs to do after work. I'll report on that later.

Tue: 7K hill repeats + 30 min LB

OK, I've been feeling tired and sleepy for days now. So I slept in this morning. Got myself nearly 10 hours of sleep. Guess I was really tired and sleepy

I'll report back on my run after work (we all know how well I do working out after work)

Wed: 1h30 easy run + 45 min UB + abs

I'm sorry, I can't get my butt out of bed in the morning  I've even turned up the volume of my stereo (which has an alarm clock) last night. The 100 watt speakers are pretty loud but I slept through it for an hour this morning.

Thu: 7K easy run + Plyo

Opted for the TM and an old favourite today: iTread with Grace Lazenby. I did set 1 and most of set 2. Guess set 1 is easier than set 2. My calfs were really bothering me in the first half hour. Had to stop and stretch quite a few times. That's what I get for skipping two runs, sigh. It was a tough run. 98 minutes of hills and intervals (14 kilometers). 

Treated myself to a trip to the hairdresser. Had my hair cut short again. Sort of pixie style. That longish bob cut was driving me nuts when exercising.

Fri: 3K rec run + 45min UB + abs

Pretty effortless 10.3K run this morning. Easy, but slow. Legs felt great though. Felt no need to walk. Even ran up the dike. Quite surprising after yesterdays tough interval run.

Sat: 6K doggie run + HiiT 30/30

Lower calfs were protesting again, all through my 10.1K run this morning. Made my run a bit of a struggle. I blame it on my very short stretch yesterday.
          Last run of the month and I finished July as my highest mileage month this year: 218.5 kms 

Sun: 2h40 long run (route: weather permitting I'll run the bird sanctuary loop)

Nice day, so I choose the bird sanctuary loop (22.09 kilometers), assuming it would take me 2h40. First half running felt easy. The route was flat. Second half felt much harder, which included a few inclines and about 5 kilometers of concrete slabs that always seem to tire my legs much more than asphalt does. Or is it just my mind thinking it does? I kind of ran out of steam around kilometer 17-18. But then felt better again and finished the run at an easy pace which felt slower, but according to my HRM wasn't. Finished the run in 2h36 and 22.32K total. I'm actually pretty surprised by my overall pace for this long run (7:02 min/kilometer). 

Total running mileage: 56.75 kms

Total biking mileage:26 kms

LB:1x

UB:1x

Abs: 0x

Other cardio:  0x

Dutchie
          Run the day, or the day runs you.

OrangeMat

MM #6177

Thanks for the thread, Leslie, and the nice welcome! So how does the protocol work here, do we actually answer your questions? Congrats on your upcoming anniversary. We're coming up on 24 years this September.

I don't usually plan out my week in terms of training (mainly because I don't train for anything), but rather just log my activity as it happens. One of these days I'll get my act together though, I'm sure. Just not this week.

Mon..... rest day 

Tues... 3.1 miles + 5.34 miles w/running group

Wed.... 3.1 miles

Thur....5.5 miles

Fri.......8 miles

Sat......6.5 miles

Sun....rest day

totals: 31.54 miles

shadow runner

The Shirtless Wonder

Thanks Leslie.  I always thought so.

Mon:  15 mins of core excercises:  180 push-ups, 3 sets of pull-ups, 3 sets of abds followed by mild stretching.  No running today.

Tue:  15 mins of core excercises:  200 push-ups, 3 sets of pull-ups, 3 sets of abds followed by mild stretching.  Did easy run 4.1 miles in 62F and no humidity. 50 mins of free weghts - UB and light leg work.

Wed:  15 mins of core excercises:  170 push-ups, 3 sets of pull-ups, 3 sets of abds followed by mild stretching  Tempo run this evening - 3.75 miles @ 7:50 pace.

Thur: 15 mins of core excercises:  200 push-ups, 3 sets of pull-ups, 3 sets of abds followed by mild stretching.  Followed by a 4.13 mile run @ 8 min pace. Hot, humid, and very sweaty run.  That an almost a bad encounter with a skunk.  Fortunately the bugger was not that "aggressive" and just ran away.

Fri: 15 mins of core excercises:  200 push-ups, 3 sets of pull-ups, 3 sets of abds followed by mild stretching.  40 mins of free weights and circuit weight machines- mostly UB but some light leg work too.

Sat:  R2C relay - 2 legs approx: 8 miles each total: 16 miles  [had this on wrong day...]  First Leg of R2C - 8.2 miles finished in 59:16 @ 7:16 min/mile.  Secong leg of race 7.95 miles - finished in 59:10 @ 7:27 min mile pace.

Sun: SRD..

totals for week:

Running: 28 miles.  1.25 hrs of core excercises including 950 push-ups;  1.5 hrs of free weights.

Joe Suder

Nulla camisia et nulla problematum 

Dove

The Dovenator

I love your weekly thoughts to ponder. Gives me something to look forward to on Monday morning.

This week:

Monday: weights....................weights

Tuesday: 5 miles....................7 miles

Wednesday: 10 miles...........8 miles

Thursday: 5 miles...................5 miles

Friday: weights.......................3 miles, weights

Saturday: Travel then?..........3 miles

Sunday: Wildwood Trail Marathon....26.2 miles, 2,400 feet elevation gain

Total.......52.2 miles, 2 weight sessions

"it's just like having fun, but different"

Thanks, Dove.

Orange - If you feel a compelling urge to answer the question, then by all means go ahead! (But it's not required to be a part of our community.)

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

pfriese

Leslie, thanks again for the thread.

M - 7.3 miles

T - rest day

W - 11.2 miles

Th - rest day