Masters Running

Boston Report from the Back of the Pack (Read 343 times)

Renee the dog

Too kewl for words! Thanks for the great race report and being such a good example for all!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Thanks for inspiring me to pursuit an actual full marathon in my next decade!!!!! You two are da man and da woooman. Big grin

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

As much as I love reading all the Boston Marathon reports, I don't think I've ever read one that made me think I might like to do it. uhmmm, does your club take out-of-town members?Smile

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

nowor

Wonderful Henry and Marj. I'm so impressed that your training went so well and of course you took it seriously through the long winter. W/ that wind 4 min slower hardly counts.
            Bravo!!!! Smile I am an old wannabee, and a newbee. Your victories are so impressive to me. Woods Lady
            Henrun

enough already!EmbarrassedEmbarrassed you guys are the ones that keep us running - we may not run as fast, but we run as longBig grin thanks everyone, marj we have fun together while running - that's what it's all about henrun

usandtoto-2@msn.com

Runrwife (Sue) and I want to be just like you two. Running hand in hand into Boston. Well, anywhere would do in 25 years from now.. Smile. Congrats on two very well run races. Many people have written "AWESOME" and I echo that thought. We still think about meeting you two at your wonderful open house in 2006. Rest up, you desire it. Have an extra dessert or two. Enjoy...

Marathon Maniac #530 Mike (My Indian name is "Runs for Beer")

arf

MM #405

we have fun together while running - that's what it's all about
                  Big grin Thank you so much for the RR and gorgeous photo! arf
                    Henry - I hope I'm running as well as you are at 75. It was so great to see you again. Congratulations on your (maybe not last) marathon!

Lou, (aka Mr. predawnrunner), MD, USA | Lou's Brews | lking@pobox.com

We feel like we ran into you all over Boston this year. First at the expo. Then at Robin's. And finally in the porta-john line at Athlete's Village (though you didn't see us). Your report, and especially the picture, is very touching. You two are simply amazing. I hope to be running with my sweetie for years to come, just like you and Marj.

aka Mrs. WillRunForBeer, MD, USA

Marathoning, the triumph of desire over reason

This report is wonderful and the photo says it all----the twin smiles that are always warm and genuine and the partnership and connection that runs deep. Great going Henrun and Marj....never say never either, maybe you'll both take on Al Gordon's marathon mark and run a marathon in your late 80s. Evil grin You two rock! See you next year?!
                          Read your report last night. Had to show my DW the photo and read her the report. Very nice, indeed! Congratulations on this race and wonderful experience for the both of you.
                          Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Prince of Fatness

Wow.

Not at it at all. 

Congratulations to you and Marj! You are a fine runner and it is fitting for you to challenge the marathon again and again. It's always a pleasure to see you and I wish I'd been there to witness this one... Recover well and I hope to see you at a future get-together! Dale
                              coastwalker

Hi Henry and Marj, I love the fact that you two are always together, are always happy to be together, are always supportive of each other, and are always smiling! Congratulations on another milestone shared together. And happy birthday again, Henry! Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.