Masters Running

Join "Team Amy" for the Boston Marathon (Read 879 times)

Manchild

I'd like to take mile 17. Mile 17 for me always seems to have a monster hill in it and I am so happy after reaching the top! Hi Amy!! You are such a pretty girl! My name is Chris and I live on Martha's Vineyard. I am so honored to be running this mile for you. I will be running this mile on May 25th in Burlington, Vermont but I will be thinking of one thing only,YOU!!!! Good luck!! Be Strong!! Peace, Chris

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Hi amy, My name is jon. I live in Washington State by the Pacific Ocean Our friend Bob told us about you and showed us your pretty picture. He shows us lots of pretty pictures but yours is the prettiest one of all. I like to walk for marathons too so someday you can walk with me if you want. It's fun too. Here's where I went walking on Saturday for 26.2 miles by the Yakima River.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Head Procrastinator

Hi Amy! I want to run mile 12 for you. What a great guy that Bob is doing this for you and your family. You are so pretty and brave and strong and one of the kinds of people who I admire that can go on in the face of hard times. You have a lot of folks here pulling for you, big hugs to you. Barb
        ~ My Profile~ The avatar is happy BOC wootcats
          Hi Amy, I see that all the miles are already taken for a full marathon and yet the love is overflowing. I will not be at Boston but I would be honored to spend my first mile of my first marathon ever on May 24th thinking of you. My name is Larry and I live in Michigan. If you hold up your left hand in the shape of a mitten and point to the spot where your thumb is attached thats where I live. Thats why I love living here I never need a map just my left hand. Big grin Your friend Bob is one great guy and I have never really met him so give him a hug for me when you see him. Best of luck, Larry

Chumbawamba: I get knocked down But I get up again You're never going to keep me down

seemomgo

Hi Amy, it's me again in Colorado.... I have an amazing story to tell you today! Today I ran a half marathon and I was thinking of you at mile 11 -since my mile number is 22 and I was at half of that. As I was coming on to mile 11 and thinking really good things about you I caught up to a lady in a PINK shirt - just like the one I was wearing. I said to her - "What's your favorite number??" She said 22!!! I said she must be my Amy Angel and we started to run together because two of us at mile 11 made 22 miles between us! She was tired and so was I. We told each other to keep going all the way to the finish - just for you!!! So my special little friend, you motivated us to finish our half marathon strong and tough - just like you! I just wanted to share this with you because it was very special for me. All my warm hugs from Colorado are flying through the air - straight to you!!! Lori
            btb1490

halllar, tet... we can certainly have more than one person for each mile. I was hoping to fill the list twice over! So let me know what your favorite miles are please. Of course any words of encouragement are welcome, whether they get attached to a mile or not. That you all SO much for doing this! Smile
                Hi Amy, I spent mile 9 of today's training run thinking of you, hoping you were having a fun day. I live in the state of Oklahoma. People from Oklahoma know that nature is very important and because of that they made the redbud tree the official state tree. The redbud trees are blooming this time of year and the red and pink blossoms are very pretty. Oklahoma also grows alot of wheat that is used to make bread and other foods. I'm glad I had you to think about today on my run. Have a good day, Amy
                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                  ...and thanks for volunteering Coastwalker/Jay!!!!
                    Dear Amy, I'd like to share mile 8 with my online friend, Stumpy. The longest I've ever run so far is 7 miles, and my goal is to do my first-ever 8-mile run in two weeks - when Bob and all of the others will be in Boston for the marathon. I'm excited that Stumpy also signed up for mile 8 because he and I started running at around the same time and have shared our stories with one another since then. Running 8 miles is no big deal for most of the others, but it's going to be a big challenge for me. I know I'll be able to do it, though, because I'll be thinking of you, Bob, and all of the people who will be thinking about you while they are running. All of you inspire me so much! Hugs, Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

btb1490

Bob, Don't forget to add Jay to mile 12! ...and thanks for volunteering Coastwalker/Jay!!!!
                      Oh my gosh! Jay, I'm so sorry! I'm not sure what happened, I did read your post, somehow it didn't make it to my list! Thank you for your post, and as Dr. Dale said, for volunteering! Your efforts are greatly appreciated. Dr. Dale, thank you for calling this to my attention. I feel badly for missing it. Sad

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

halllar, tet... we can certainly have more than one person for each mile. I was hoping to fill the list twice over! So let me know what your favorite miles are please.
                        btb - thank you btb. You are really quite the gentleman and thoughtful person such as I've rarely, if ever, met. Maybe it amy doesn't mind walking a mile you could give me mile number, well, let's see, . . no particular reason but maybe mile 5. - thanks buddy.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Hi Amy, Our mutual friend, Bob, has said a lot about you and shown us pictures of you. You are a lovely and tough little girl. All of us are pulling for you as you deal with your health problems. I am not running at Boston but did run a half marathon yesterday which I will devote to you. Since that was just over 13 miles, it would be appropriate for me to pick the 13th mile of Boston in your honor. My son and daughter are now adults but I sure have good memories of them when they were your age. My best wishes to you and your family. TomS
                            Dear Amy: If it isn’t too late or inappropriate, I would like to take the final .2 also known as the FINISH. I promise to hold you close to my heart the whole race through and when I get to mile 26 and though I may be struggling, I promise to give it all I have to FINISH strong for both of us but mostly just for you. Big grin Hi Amy I’m Bob and I live in Maine where there are lots of beaches, rivers, lakes and mountains oh and this year lots of snow. Of course you probably already knew that since you got lots of snow this year too! May God bless you and keep you safe in his arms always.
                            btb1490

It is never too late, or inappropriate, to send someone notes like this! Thank you mainerunnah, and thank you everyone! You're making a difference in the lives of these people, I'm very proud of and thankful for all of you.
                                Hi Bob, may I have mile 24? Dear Amy, Your friend Bob has told us alot about you and showed us your picture. You are a brave girl and I wish you and your family the best. I live in California, near Bruce. I don't have any children but I have pet parrots. I am picking mile 24 because I saw 24 colorful wild parrots on my way home from a run the other day. They look like this little fellow: The kind people who have written to you here remind me of these parrots: they are strong, colorful, and very social. They love to eat, chat, and joke around. They stick together and help each other out, and they all want to help you too. Here's a big feathery hug from me and the flock. Best wishes, dromedary