Masters Running

40s 50s 60s+ On the Run - w/e 04/10 (Read 545 times)

Hope you all had a wonderful Easter.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

jfa

You too Leslie.

Last lr of this cycle yesterday . 17er in IRC by the shore. Nice fog to keep things cool.

Ev- my race is on the 17th. I am only into one week tapers now so don't know yet what to do this week. Cut back a bit, but not a lot.

Will check out Jim's vid later.

Have a Great Week !

Just read of Cindy's auto adventure on last week's thread.  Yikes, glad it's you that is OK, and your car that isn't rather than the other way around.

Happy tapers all around Smile.

Progress Trumps Pefection

Morning! 

I love it when Jim posts vids of what he's doing.  FYI - The winery where my SIL works is owned by the wife of the grandson of John Deere.  The SIL doesn't like the wife.  Says she's quite the $itch.

Joe - Enjoy your taper.  I am thoroughly enjoying mine.

Carol - I wish I had room to put in at least a small garden, but the way our backyard is set up, just ain't gonna happen.

Cindy - Glad to hear you didn't suffer any real injuries.  Continue to take it easy on yourself.

Yesterday dragged myself out of bed around 7:00 for a 5-miler, and thankfully I got it done early 'cause it absolutely poured here yesterday!  And it also tried to snow at sea level.  And we had hail and lots of wind.  Suppose to be crappy weather off and on all week.

Weather for Sacto up to the Auburn area for the upcoming weekend - so far partly cloudy, between a high of 69 (Sacto) and 61 (Auburn).  I would opt for a tad bit cooler, but am glad there's only a 10% chance of precipitation.

Leslie
          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Carol - I wish I had room to put in at least a small garden, but the way our backyard is set up, just ain't gonna happen.

I aint Carol, but I play one on t.v.    Les, try a container garden.  Maybe just half a wiskey barrel or two (get some wine barrels from your SIL) add some dirt a tomato plant or squash or cucumber or strawberries or that stuff they grow in Mendocino County and eureka, you've got a garden.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
              I completely forgot about the wine barrel part.  The Hub works at a home building center and with a nice garden store.  I'm not big on growing the squash, but I would definitely love garlic, onions, and tomatoes.  Now how much is that employee discount . . . . .

Leslie
              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

HI all! Back from Mexico - and I'm still pretty sick But had an amazing trip, playing with/petting baby Gray Whales at San Ignacio Lagoon in Baja - still can't get my head around how those babies would come up to the little boats for petting, they practically had their big heads in the boats!

Went on my first little run in a couple weeks yesterday, only two miles, complete with lots of coughing and some minor nausea, but got it done anyway. Will just keep plugging away.

Will catch up on all the posts tonight, gotta run to class.

Arla

Ex runner

Welcome back, Arla.  So sorry to hear you're still sick.  Ugh.  But petting baby whales??  Nice!!

4 miles this a.m. on fairly sproinky legs.  1 EZ, 2 RP, 1 EZ.  Race pace is a relative term for me since I pretty much have slow and not so slow.  Am suppose to do 3 in the same manner tomorrow, but I think I'm going to do them all EZ.

One of my best buds called me this a.m. and wished me luck for this weekend.  It really meant a lot.  And my co-worker best bud is sick, and she called this a.m. to say she was staying away in the hopes that I wouldn't catch "it" before this weekend.  Whatever "it" is, it's been hitting this office hard.  I think me and one other person are the only ones who have been spared, knock on wood.

Have a good day ~

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Queen of 3rd Place

Got caught up with all your big adventures -

Cindy - OMG - you are so lucky you weren't hurt! WTH is wrong with people??

Leslie  and Joe - enjoying that taper, I hope! Don't forget to eat well, even if you swear you're gonna gain a ton of weight with less running!

Ev - sounds like training is treating you well, although I can't believe the hot weather you've had already. It always takes me 2 - 3 weeks to get used to that. Hope it stays nice for your race!

Jim - you're getting in some good miles amidst all that work - wow...

That's all I can remember for now...

Had another crappy run today, was gonna do 4 but turned around a little early, and had to take it really really slow. The darn pace bunny is now like 50, 60 miles ahead of me  

Arla

Ex runner

jfa

Ah taperville, I welcome it this time.....

Cool vid Jim. Looks like your helper is busy on the floor and the ol' feet up in the air. I suspect that is one of the few times that you're not busting your hump. Good runs for you lately too.

Leslie- you're going to do great.  Do you have racing shoes for your races? Hope the weather cooperates for ya. Stear clear of the germs.

Get better Arla. Sounds neat playing with the whales. They used to accompany our Navy ship outside of San Fran Bay.The are something to see. I was hoping that you were not driving home through the earthquake area down by the border. Unless of course, you enjoy earthquakes. You'll catch the furry one later in the year.

Ev- tapertime too for you right? I liked your Don King pic and it was all in good fun with Dutchie. Her workout routine is incredible and she's a good sport as well.

Hey everyone-

Sweated up with the ladies in Body Attack class tonight, followed by an easy 5er on the mill.

Good luck Leslie!  What an awesome adventure for you.

Arla...I was hoping for warm weather, just not so hot so fast.  It is back to seasonable around here.....whatevr that is.  Get well.

Joe....it was stumpy who gave me the Don King picture idea.  Yes tapring for me.  A residual from my last 20 miler is a twinge in the back of left knee and a very tight feeling just above the right knee.  I've had the right knee issue for awhile but it has been manageable.  I'm sure a little rest time will take care of both.....and as usual, the rest time comes at the right time.

Latr my friends.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Howdy folks! 

Leslie, it's party time this weekend for you!  Sounds like great weather in store.  We will all be with you in spirita, and can't wait to hear about your adventures.  Would you have ever thought say 10 years ago that you'd be doing this?

Arla, glad you had a good vacation in spite of the crud.  And the thing with the pace bunny is that darned rabbit doesn't work, take care of family, or get sick. The little sucker just runs.  Bet he never petted a baby whale though!

Joe, congrats on crossing the threshhold into taperdom.  How is your furry one doing?

Ev, good idea on the container garden.  Sounds like a real heat wave you had up there!  It's been kinda sticky around here.  Glad the rest is timed well for your knee.

Cindy, hope you and your car are on the mend!

Been doing lots of morning Katy runs, mostly 3-4 miles with lots of pee, roll, and sniff stops.  Did a yoga dvd in lieu of class on Monday, and kinda liked it, although the dogs seem to think I'm injured or something and try to lick me while I'm doing it.  Went to my first ever chamber of commerce meeting last night.  They had a "ribbon cutting" for new members, and the little CPA firm I work for is one.  I was a bit stressed about it not knowing what to expect, but it was actually fun meeting people from all sorts of local businesses.  Everyone was very welcoming and down to earth. 

Later, and hey there to everyone else!

Progress Trumps Pefection

Leslie - Would you have ever thought say 10 years ago that you'd be doing this?"

Heck, 2 years ago I never would've thought I'd be doing this.

Arla - the pace bunny . . . Bet he never petted a baby whale though!"

Exactly!

Been doing lots of morning runs with lots of pee, roll, and sniff stops. 

Joe - I just wear my shoes that I run in regularly.  I'll wear my road shoes until about  Mile 27, then switch to trail shoes with my gators.  My outfit has all the sex appeal of fever blister on the lip, but it's comfortable and, for the most part, shields my scary blindingly white legs from the sun.  the bottoms are a pair of men's long baggy black shorts that go all the way to my knees.  They make me look weird, but they're very comfortable and don't bunch up in the crotch.  And since speed isn't exactly an issue for me, the bagginess doesn't hinder me in anyway.

3 sort of slow miles this a.m.  Tried to keep it around a 10:30/10:45 m/m but that's hard to do on decline.  Legs felt decent, and I think the next two days of rest will really help.

Later, dudes and dudettes ~

Leslie
                            -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

jfa

Been doing morning runs with lots of pee, roll, and sniff stops. 

I've heard of  "stop ,drop and roll" . This looks like something different.

So on Friday I'm doing a job in Andover ,Mass. Asked some RA'ers from Mass if there's anywhere good to run by the hotel on Sat morning. Turns out that there is a 10 mile trail race that morning that starts in the hotel parking lot!

Go Figure! I'll probably run it though I better be slow with just a week to go till marython day.

shields my scary blindingly white legs

You had me at fever blister on the lip.