Masters Running

Friday's (yay!) Daily: 2.7.14 (Read 35 times)

NHLA

7 miles 69 min three arrows ranch 42 & nice.

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I don't know why I just thought of this, but Enke, a while back weren't you  looking for a 50k for your 50th  birthday in January?  So I guess we missed your birthday!   Happy 50th, and welcome to an awesome new age group!

Happy Birthday enke.
      Here’s some local PNW 50K's of possible interest,

especially the three 12-hour ones I love where lots of runners

only plan on half marathon or marathon or other distances.

I've run 'em all and hope to again as much as possible this year too. .
       = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

02/15/2014. . .  First Call Presidents Day 50k/26.2 (bike path Bothell)
      03/22/2014. . .  Dizzy Daze 12h (Green Lake outer dirt trail loop )  
      04/05/2014. . .  Cottontail 12h/6h (Carkeek Park 1.9 mile loop - trail/steep hills)
      04/27/2014. . .  Mt Si 50m/50k (Same as Tunnel but 2X - trail)
      05/10/2014. . .  First Call Spring 50k/26.2 (bike path bothell - posie’s 50K negative split)
      05/17/2014. . .  Redmond Watershed Preserve 12 Hour (easy 5-mile loop trail)
      06/15/2014. . .  Lake Youngs Ultra 28.8 mile   (site of Pigtrails 100 mile - trail/hills)

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

SteveP

The Tallahassee race was one of the best organized and executed races I have ever participated in.  Look at what they posted on Facebook this morning:

"THE LAUNDRY IS ON THE PORCH - If you threw off clothes at the start, first or second aid stations that you did not pick up at the track, it has been washed, folded, and is on the front porch here at 527 East Call Street. If you were a volunteer who did not get a shirt but you would like a runner's shirt, please contact us at tallahasseemarathon@gmail.com. If you were supposed to get an award and did not pick it up, we will not ship but will put it out for you on the front porch to pick up"

They have what appears to be a nice, friendly running community down there.

Holy Southern Hospitality.

Wow Ribs, you ask good questions.

SteveP