Masters Running

WEEKLY RUN & X TRAINING GROUP, W/E 06/13/09 (Read 473 times)

Welcome to a brand new week!

Eliz - ran 12.4; walked 1.0; ran 4x for the second week in a row - yippie; seem to be managing the tendonitis thing

Ev - 12 running miles, but excellent cross training with yard work and house painting.

Frances - 2.1 mostly running/some walking miles, 33 min biking.

Dutchie - 34.3K running, UB: 2x, Abs: 3x, LB:0x  (Editor's Note: recovering from 4 hrs of high heel dancing)

Erika - 43 miles run, about 3 miles walking and lots of gardening (got it done, yeah!!)

Nono - ran 17.4 mi, slideboard 35 min, yoga 25 min, strength/stretch/bodywork 95 min. (Editor's Note: What? No ocean swimming??)

dg - 21.3 miles running, some walking, 35 min. on the bike & about 1.75 hrs. assorted strength training.  lots of yard work, but no house painting

fatozzig - 6.15 road running miles, 27.45 trail running miles, 70 min cycling, 1.75 hours core/strength.

Leslie
    Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
    -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dutchie42

Thanks Leslie

Mon... 60 min easy run + 30min UB -> 9.6K out&back run and a gorgeous morning it was: out 32:21min and back 29:28min. Felt great. Chilly though. Only 9C. I almost forgot: 13K bike commute. It was 12C by then.

Tue.... 60min easy run + 30min LB -> nada. Had to help my son find all his last minute stuff like his passport before I had to take him to the bus for Paris at 6 AM. Him and his class mates are having three days of fun there before the results of their finals come in next week.

Wed...60min out&back run + 30min UB ->Went out with Spooky. Saw black clouds coming. Went back inside. Told myself not to be such a wuss, and went out again. Think Spooky was thoroughly confused Nice and slow 10.1K easy run. Very windy though. Especially near and on the dike.

Thu.... 60min easy run + 30min LB -> took a rest day.

Fri.......30min tempo run + 30min UB ->went out for a run but legs were unwilling. I walked Spooky Wink

Sat.....rest day ->rest day

Sun....race day: half marathon ->21.1K, I posed a separate post on the race.

Dutchie
      Run the day, or the day runs you.

Mon - Rest ---------------------------------------------------------> Done!

Tues - 5 miles w/10 hill repeats -----------------------------> 5.15 miles w/10 steep hill repeats in 54:32

Wed - 30+ min cycling; core/strength ----------------------> 35 min cycling; 40 min core/strength

Thurs - 6 miles w/hills ------------------------------------------> 6 miles in 1:00

Fri - 30+ min cycling; core/strength -------------------------> 1 hr core/strength

Sat - 20 trail miles -----------------------------------------------> 9 trail miles; 8.84 road miles

Sun - 5 miles ------------------------------------------------------> Nope

Totals: 19.99 road miles, 9 trail miles, 35 min cycling; 1:40 core/strength

Not sure what's gonna happen on Sunday as it will be the day after my niece's wedding.

Dutchie - Good luck with your upcoming HM!

Leslie
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Thanks, Leslie.

MONDAY - rest

TUESDAY - tired and out of sorts; more rest

WEDNESDAY - ran 2; walked 2 on much-taped ankle; felt good

THURSDAY - ran 3, walked 1; ankle taped again;  same overall distance as yesterday, but somehow, running more feels better

FRIDAY - rest

SATURDAY - wonderful 2-1/2 hour kayak nature tour - about 45 minutes of active paddling, the rest mostly floating

SUNDAY - ran 5; walked 1; only my second 5-miler since May 2nd and NO PAIN!  whoo hoo!!

low mileage, but great progress:  ran 10 with no pain by Sunday; walked 3; kayaked once; rested a lot

Eliz

flomotioncoaching.com

evanflein

Thanks, Leslie. I've got last week all finished up, finally. Didn't have a computer or internet access over the weekend so just getting caught up now.

Monday: Rest day, I'm tuckered out!!

Tuesday: 5.5 miles RAL, .5 mile walk c/d

Wednesday: 10.2 miles, sorta hilly, about 8:30 avg pace; .95 mile walk c/d

Thursday: 6.1 miles, about 8:44 pace, .3 mile walk c/d

Friday: 30 minutes of pool running... felt really good.

Saturday: 10 hilly miles; .35 mile walk c/d; 10 minutes of pool running later in the day

Sunday: 20.1 miles, 8:37 avg pace; .5 mile walk c/d

Totals: 51.9 miles running, 2.6 miles walking, 40 minutes pool running

Evryday... I'm "scheduled" to run 18 on Sunday as my last long run before Seattle RnR... I'll hold you to yours if you harass me about mine!

Ev...I did it and bumped it up to 20!!

Thanks Leslie....

Somebody please hold me to this schedule.  Public ridicule is a strong motivator for me.

Monday................rest.....slacked

Tuesday..............9miles.....9miles

Wednesday........6miles.....6miles
              Thursday............rest...........slacked
              Friday..................3miles.....3miles
              Saturday.............10K race...10K.....52:08
              Sunday...............3miles....3miles

Erika, nice job......overachiever!

Slacker?  Slacker?  Leslie, did you just call me a slacker?   I never!

Total....27miles

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Renee the dog

Hi folks! 

Mon - 10 min foam roller, 5 min thighmaster...then sitting 2.5 hrs in the car to undo what little work I did!

Tues- 15 min stretching/strength, 5 min slide boarding

Wed- ran 3.66 mi, 25 min yoga, 5 min stretch

Thurs- ran 6.5 mi

Fri- ran 3, slideboarded 10 min

Sat- moved furniture 2 hrs (not the heavy stuff)

Sun- ran 5 mi

Total- ran 18.16 mi, 15 min slide boarding, 60 min various strength/stretching, 120 min moving furniture

This is a wacky beginning of summer cross-training.  I'm so not on my expected schedule.  Meh.

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Somebody please hold me to this schedule.  Public ridicule is a strong motivator for me.

Stop being such a slacker!  Get off your butt and RUN, Son!   (. . . does that help? . . . )

Leslie
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

Renee the dog

Nono - ran 17.4 mi, slideboard 35 min, yoga 25 min, strength/stretch/bodywork 95 min. (Editor's Note: What? No ocean swimming??)

Yeah.  No.  Bad timing with tides meant that I had to try to swim in the trough between the way-out breakers and definite breakers.  It was over the second sand bar.  Scraped knees and enough way-outers that broke and pounded me into the sandbar worse meant I just jumped around in the waves for awhile. 

But hey, I got a massage.    So it evens out.  LOL

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Dutchie42

Leslie: you crack me up with your editor's notes

Looks like Sunday will be a bad day for running. Weather forecast hast the temp going up every day from approx. 17C avg. to 23C this morning. I'm no good at running at temps over 18C. Ah well, guess I'll be running even slower than I usually do. Hope they'll have more water stations.

Evryday: if you don't run everyday like your name says, you'll have to give me 50 pushups by Sunday

Dutchie

Evryday: if you don't run everyday like your name says, you'll have to give me 50 pushups by Sunday

Oh, yeah, throw that in my face why don't ya!?  

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
                          Ev - Never ever ask wimmin to help hold you to, well, anything.  We are relentless in our pursuit of the perfect male.

Nono - Kind of a tuff way to get a massage, my friend.

Leslie
                          -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Bare Performance

dg.

ahem.  evryday... thursday is almost over.    well???
                              ahem.  evryday... thursday is almost over.    well???

Hey dg....I always get my rest days in.

Dutchie42

Ran my half marathon today. It was one big struggle from beginning to end. First time I did not enjoy a race. First time I wasn't happy at all when I finished. Now, I know I'm no good at running at temps over 18C. And I don't do well in humid conditions. I also know I'm no good running in the afternoons. And where I live is totally flat, and the course turned out to be hilly including quite a few (and I translate literally now) false flats, despite assurances from colleagues who live there that it's not hilly at all. And apparently, I'm no good at running a race if there are no mile markers (kilometer markers in my case). I never knew where exactly I was in the race, didn't know how much further till the finish, whether to slow down or speed up. It was one big drama. I was pleased to hear from others, they thought so too. I finished faster than my training runs, but slower than my PR. Which isn't a big deal to me, IF I'd enjoyed it. And i didn't. Sad A truly crappy run, in every respect. Official time isn't published yet.

There were at least 4 casualties (probably heat induced) that I saw. Ambulance and everything. Sad.

Have to say, I don't feel so good myself. I'm off to bed early. As in now: 8h30PM. Night everyone.

Dutchie