Masters Running

Saturday 9/13 get out and run day (Read 370 times)

Strength workout: 100 pushups 100 situps 30 barbell curls 30 lat pulldowns 30 squats 30 leg curls 30 leg extensions 50 wrist barbell curls 2 miles on the elliptical Dark Horse
    I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.
      Sarge, congrats on going over 1000 miles for the year. ribs, I'm glad to hear you got cleared to run and even did intervals. bike, I'm glad to hear you survived the layoff but it's tough for those who didn't. roch, nice prediction run. perch, good luck with that leg. jlynne, good luck, also, to you with your leg. nowor, that's neat to have a Jean Benoit Saumelson sighting on your run. ribs, you mentioned some great old songs I remember well. teresa, it souds like your son's XC team is a strong one. Nice long runs for maine, busi, Peter, CNY (and showing her former neighbor how to run), teresa, and hopeful (real long and in the rain). This morning, I did a 5K. It was nothing special but I'll still post a report. A good day and good runs for all. TomS

The Jogger

MARY ROCKS Big grin Roy

King of PhotoShop

I take full credit for Mary's run. Last week I called her "lazy." See what a little inspiration can do? Well done Mary. Here's a towel. Spareribs

Mr. Chip & Mizz Rizzo

We drove into Grand Haven and parked out near a nice bike path trail that leads all the way to Holland. Our intent was to take it 5 miles at a time, so we headed south for 5 miles and we were really enjoying the rain as it was warm and not coming down too awfully hard. At 5 we turned around and headed back to the car to add some Poweraid to our bottle and then headed in the other direction for 5. That 3rd 5 is when the monsoon rains started. But we made it through to the car in good time. 1:53:43 The 3rd 5 never seemed to end. We headed towards town and it just seemed like we ran a lot further than my garmin was reading and figured the rain must have screwed something up. So, we headed back, but sure enough we had to do some loops and unncessary back tracking to reach that magical 20 number. I ran until we were into mile 18, then my back and stomach started hurting so I need to walk a bit. I think Powerade does not agree with me, so I'll try Gatorade next time as that is what the marathon will be providing. Lunch was a grilled chicken sandwich and 2 beers that never tasted so good. Followed by an hour nap after watching MSU win. Big grin Thank again - especially Ribs. Wink PS: I changed the photo on my original post - be sure to look. I didn't mean to post a pic of B'Nellie.

~Mary

"My sunshine doesn't come from the skies,
            It comes from the love in my dog's eyes."

~unknown

http:www.rawleypointkennel.com

Renee the dog

Mary, simply awesome! I love the pic of your time/distance!!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Way to go Mary! That's the way to do it. You ROCK big time. Karin
                  Mary, nice job on your 20-miler. Dark Horse
                  I'm a dark horse, running on a dark race course.

King of PhotoShop

Mary, every now and then you should go back and read your posts from just a couple of years ago. You have come a long way from just being one of those tap dancing chicks on the runway. Spareribs

Marathon Maniac #3309

WTG Mary, I am sooo happy for you!! Ok, being a trithlete dude myself, I have to stand up to Karin's running bud today. Unless someone can say they have swam 2.4 miles, then biked 112, then ran a Marathon, I don't think anyone one should be proud. I just had 3 friends that did Ironman Wisconsin, and that is a brutal race...Zach my bud finished 6th, with 5:45 pace on the run...for 26.2 miles. You still do rock Karin!! Tim

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

Spareribs - what is a "tap dancing chick on the runway?" Some of us (like me) may not be training for a marathon, but that doesn't lessen the joy we take from running every day - even if we're only out for 7 or 8 miles at a time. I hope I'm interpreting your post the wrong way. Jeanne

Hill Runner

I didn't run this morning and only had about an hour to run tonight . 6.89 miles @ 9:19 pace...a little hot this afternoon 86F and humid.

Upcoming Races:

Boston Marathon, Boston,MA 04/15/13
                          Grandfather Mountain Marathon,Boone NC 07/14/13
                          Thunder Road Marathon, Charlotte NC 11/13

TammyinGP

good evening - late post for me today, but wanted to pop in and say hi to everyone. Lots of great runs happening today! Jeanne - I'm not quite sure what that phrase from Ribs meant either, but knowing Ribs, I know he would never diss someone who doesn't train for or have their sights set on a marathon. So, I'm sure that must mean something else. I had a good 10K run this a.m., The weather was perfect, clear but cool. This course is the same one I PR'd on last year at 55:17. It starts out flat for about 2 miles, then has about 3-4 hills during miles 3 and 4, a few rolling bumps around mile 5, and then fairly flat and slightly downhill the last mile or so. Here's my splits: 8.32 8.35 10.20 (2 hills) 9.04 (big hill and small hill, but a nice downhill too to make up some lost time) 8.57 (tired legs, but trying to regain( 9.40 for the last 1.2 miles finishing time was 54.59 (i don't think the numbers above quite equal that, so I must be off a bit somewhere) I felt good with this time. I haven't been able to run as much as I normally do for about the last 3-4 months and have really only had about 1.5 wks of consistent training prior to this. I did start doing at least one speedwork session a week about a month ago, so perhaps that helped me some. I have another 10K in one month, on a course with a few hills, but not nearly as steep as these were today, so am hoping for an even better time in a month. FRFR (fashion report for ribs): Asics Foundations 8, black running skirt, white and yellow tech shirt, white visor.

Tammy

wildchild

Carolyn

Tammy, great job on the PR without much running base! You rock! And Mary, greta 20 miler for you and your training partner, and in the rain, too! Spareribs, you really have to explain that comment... I went out for a nice 11.2 mile run this afternoon. I took the dogs for the first 4. Mid 50s and partly sunny, perfect running weather.

I hammered down the trail, passing rocks and trees like they were standing still.

munchkn883

This is late, but got in 2 miles tonight participating in Light the Night.