Masters Running

Saturday, June 20 Last-Day-of-Spring Runs (Read 330 times)

Marathon Maniac #957

SteveP wrote:

Around twilight, I convinced DW to drive to a park/swamp the school kids have adopted. Each spring, all the grades are hauled out there and the evaluate what's happened since the previous spring. For example, what brush pile they gathered now houses wild life, what moved into what size bird house. The last few years, the older kids have set dock sections through the swamp. They're a little too tippy to try and run on. It's very kewl though. As it got darker, DW got closer. I carried her on my back though some of the softer parts. When we got to a pond on the return trip, we paused on a bridge and watched to fire flies dancing on the opposite shore. We circled the pond to join them. While we held each other close, I sang DW songs as we joined the fireflies dance.

Steve - you are such a joy....

Nono – your daughter is adorable…

My legs feel tired, so I decided an easy day was in order.  This is, after all, taper time…

2.5 easy-paced miles in a windy 73°, after which I hooked up DD’s trailer bike to mine and we rode around the neighborhood for 30 minutes on this lovely sunny morning.  Of course, with the hills, it wasn’t quite the leisurely ride I had envisioned.    My bike-riding muscles are out of shape...

After lunch DD and I will drive down to pick up DS from the airport.  He’s had a great adventure, but I can tell he’s ready to come home.  (me, too)

Today is our 12th wedding anniversary…rather than go out for dinner, we decided to curl up in the family room tonight with the kids, a big bucket of popcorn, and a movie. 

Happy Saturday!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Happy Anniversary Holly!  Movie night sounds like fun too.

This morning I ran with the Local Clubbers.  We seem to have a nice group of 7 or 8 of us who all run about the same pace and we've been running together.  There are 4 of the most beautiful girls in the group - and very strong runners too.  They and the others pulled me along nicely.

12.75 miles at 8:31 pace.  The last mile at 8:00 tempo pace.  That was enough for this warm day.  I'm really trying to hold this pace  through the H&H if I am able.

Bill

"Some are the strong, silent type. You can't put your finger on exactly what it is they bring to the table until you run without them and then you realize that their steadiness fills a hole that leaks energy in their absence." - Kristin Armstrong

Holly, Happy Anniversary  & thanks for good news Tim update  

4 loops around the neighborhood for 5.5 miles on cruise control 9:20 pace. 

Big storms missed us last night.  Lights went out at the ballpark last night in 3rd inning in 2nd game of doubleheader, for no apparent reason & would not come back on.  No well at least I got home an hour earlier. Back to finish at 2pm today then a regular game too follow.

Have a Great Weekend!

Courage ! Do one brave thing today...then run like hell.

Good Morning Holly, Bill, Sarge, and all to follow

Nice runs and paces---humidity or no

Happy Anniversary Holly and DH! Your celebration plan sounds great. 

2 easy miles for me at 7:00 am just to shake the legs out. Planes arrived on time last night, but it was still late when I rolled back into my driveway. The run felt good and I'll run a few more miles tonight including the Northampton mile race to benefit the high school cross-country and track teams. I am no miler, but it will be fun to blast through the streets as if.

Sweet, sweet Steve and DW

Nice and hopeful Tim news.

Off to watch the kiddo play baseball before the rains begin again---we have about a 4 hour window. Mr. CNYrunner has almost completed the ark and most of the critters have boarded....

Teresadfp

One day at a time

Happy Anniversary, Holly!!

CNY, can we join you on the ark??  We're taking off for Bar Harbor in a couple of minutes, and we could use it to sail there.  Sigh.  I hope I can come up with enough activities to keep the kids occupied.  I think I will be going on a few runs in the rain!

Have a great week, everyone!

King of PhotoShop

That was very good news about Tim.  He will be fine in no time I'm sure.

4.4 easy and a day off from flex or core work.  40 miles this week.  Spareribs

SteveP

What movie are you watching Holly??? There's a 1943 Batman movie that's kid friendly. The music isn't so good.

That sounds like a powerful run Breger1

Hvae fun at the kiddo's ballgame

Taggy Butt LongTounge - of the Traverse City LongTounges - and I put in 7 muddy miles. Tag wanted to bring home a dead squirrel. For part of the run, a yellow butterfly joined us. It reminded me of the "Heart" song, "Dog, Sweatty Middle Aged Fat Guy in a Speedo and Butterly". They shortened it to "Dog and Butterfly". We picked a wild rose for DW and the dog didn't eat it.

Now the dog is 1/2 black. DW has been happier.

SteveP

It's great that holly and CNY got in another run together.  Holly, thanks for posting bike's e-mail.  He's sure been through a lot.  I think that the news is mostly good and I continue to keep him in my thoughts.  Tammy, I hope your son's cut and stitches are not too serious.  Holly, happy anniversary to you and mrholly.

Nice long runs for mariposai and breger.  Good job on the speedwork for perch.

This morning, it was about 70° with a little wind and some humidity.  I got in 8 miles in about 1:18:30 for a 9:48 pace.

A good day and good runs for all.

TomS

Renee the dog

Happy Anniversary Holly!!!!

Did a little 2 mi race today at Cape May Point, while Bayside did the 5 mi race right afterwards.  2 mi course is a little off, to make use of the same start and finish line, but I achieved my necessary pace for my time trial -- a little over 2 mi at 7:37 pace.  I needed 7:41 to meet my target pace level requirements, so I'm OK with this.  It was a beautiful morning, but, yeah, the rain/thunder/lightning rolled in just at the 5 miler finished. 

Will finish up today with another 1.5 miles with Renee once the rain slows down. 

Good runs to all!!

GOALS 2012: UNDECIDED

GOALS 2011: LIVE!!!

Holly.....to the tune of William Tell Overture.....

Happy Anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary.

Happy happy happy happy anniversary to you, happy happy happy happy anniversary.

Happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary, happy anniversary.

Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM

Marathon Maniac #3309

Good Morning....guess it's afternoon for me now. I just got back from my first run being home, and keeping my HR at 120 beats or lower. 10 miles - 1:47:59 - 10:47 ave pace - my heart behaved (smiles)...slowest ever 10 miler for me, but what a true Joy just to be able to "Cherish the Gift" I did have to walk up some hills as my HR would start to get a little above 120. Other than that, I just ran super easy and slow. I thought since I was running a lot easier I would sleep in a little and run late morning....mistake, as I melted in the sun and humidity. Thanks to EVERYONE for your Prayers - kind thoughts, and words of encouragement. I feel horrible now, because now I realize you all were worried because of me not letting anyone know what was going on. Holly did try to call me, but my cell phone was dead because I did not know I would be in the hospital so long. Again, thank you all very much. I can't think of more kind and caring people anywhere else besides RA!!! Funny yesterday after Holly posted about my update. Before the ink barely had time to dry - so to speak - Erika's response was...well are you coming to Seattle or not...I got a good chuckle out of that. Well, off to clean up this yucky and sweaty body of mine and go grab some lunch. I have a lot of catching up around here. Happy Anniversary Holly!!!...and thanks. Tim PS: again, sorry about the way my posts look, with no paragraphs and separations.

Running has given me the courage to start, the determination to keep trying, and the childlike spirit to have fun along the way - Run often and run long, but never outrun your Joy of running!

evanflein

Happy Anniversary Holly! And yes, your plans sound perfect. Nice to just slow down and be together sometimes.

Nice time trial pace, Nono! You do have the speed when you need it, don't you?

Steve, nice time with DW... and then the dog thing. Oh well. You're a package deal, right? 

Anyone interested in "the rest of the story" should go check out the daily on the Master's Club at KickRunners. Breger posted pictorial evidence over there. Now we understand why he's been running like this lately...

I was expecting cloudy cool and rainy weather this morning. The sun is shining, birds and squirrels are chirping and well, it is cool at 56 at almost 9 a.m. Still, looks like a nice day to do... I'm not sure. Never quite know what to do with myself on this day when I have a 10k at 10 p.m. In the past, it turned out to be a day to haul and stack 5 tons of hay but no horses now so that's not a problem. I think I'll clean up my house and garden a bit, work on a vole fence of some sort, try to have dinner around 5 and just rest a bit till race time. That'll be the plan... never goes quite right.

Oh yeah... Tim...? Well...?

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Well, Tim's sympathy time lasted about as long as I thought it would.  Since I can't think of any decent wise-cracks, I'll just say welcome back and glad to see you can still enjoy the gift.  Your case sounds like you've got a lot more going on in the arrhythmia area (I only had atrial fib and flutter), but it still sounds like like you might want to have your docs consider an ablation.  Not a single episode (except for the random missing beat) since mine was done.

I just finished up helping on our town's Relay for Life.  My DW has been involved since it started here 10 years ago.  I go along as the support crew for her team.  I end up not doing much walking, but i do get in a lot of strength work setting up and breaking down .  I did get several hours of sleep, which I can't say for most of the others

Byll--I think I speak for the rest of RA (males) in saying--"What, we don't rate?"

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Henrun

Haven't run since last Saturday when Marj and I ran a 5 miler (a PR for her and a PW for me). Had an outpatient surgical procedure on Monday and was advised to not run for two weeks for fear of bleeding. Was told I could walk and I've been walking a good amount since. All this after my foot healed and I was just getting back to running. (Might cheat a bit this coming week).
                              Today Marj ran a local 2.5 mile race (one of those weekly non-pay races) while I walked the course. In the afternoon we hiked for an hour up a hill that has a beautiful view of the city at the summit.
                              The rains have held up and the rest of the weekend should be a total washout. At least I'm getting my (limited) exercise in..

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

thank you holly and happy `versary, especially this weekend`s festivities

It`s getting uncanny how I`m able to predict the exact times in theFriday thread of now six weekend marathons so far since this current Japan trip started on Roger Bannister day early last month but yesterday`s,. . . I mean today`s 6:52:01 with Mr. Run-Slowly Knee portends an easy sub-7 marathon for him if Tim can`t come to the Seattle goddessfest, . . . I mean marathon and I have to run his number for him.

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)