Masters Running

Tuesdaily, 8.14.18 (Read 39 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Monday's workouts:

RunnerKSA (2.5 morning miles + 2.5 post-work TM miles, both on 80/20 plan)

Henrun (post-donut stretches, weights & 1.5 mile modified RW)

Pfriese (6.2 morning miles in 72° to town and back)

Fatozzig (5 min post-work run)

Holly (5 morning recovery-paced miles in 66° temps)

Tomwhite (24 leg-shredding min on Precor)

Twocat (orthotic-fitting cross-training)

Joe618 (EZ 8 morning miles, before the sun rose)

Falconfixer (6 pre-dentist miles with the old Florence running crew in under 54:00)

Evanflein (rest day 1.1 mile lunchtime walk)

Fatozzig (6 min. bothersome run)

anneb (EZ 3 post-work TM miles at home)

Mike (8 miles in 92° temps, including 4X1200 on the track)

Sorry about all the elder cat issues. I gues it's not just people who get old...

Keep up those 'healing' long runs, S. Bill.

Guess what, Twocat? 'Nother meeting today, but it'll be a good one.

We learned yesterday that my non-profit group received a grant from the Consensus Building Institute for a project to develop a process and plan for helping people with repetitive flooding damage to find a way to move elsewhere without having to just walk away from their homes ("Managed Retreat"). It is a political, financially-challenging, and emotionally-charged issue, so it'll be easy, right? Unfortunately, however, it's an option that may too-soon become necessary in our town.

This week's guests (a niece and her to-be hub - as of next year) are arriving later today. He's new here, but she's been here many times before and knows the drill, so they can be self-sufficient while we are at the office (or in meetings).

6.5 RW miles this morn in tree-drip and fog. I felt like I worked hard, but not terribly so, but my legs sure were fatigued after I got back and stretched.

Gotta go - have a greta Tuesday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

Thanks, Jay.  You sure are a busy man and do so much for your community!

4 slow miles.  Had a lot of trouble feeling comfortable at the crawling pace- just felt awkward and still had trouble keeping HR down- especially on the hills/inclines.  Ugh.  I'll get used to it, but it's a process.

1.2 slow treadmill miles after work before the packing task..... off to Colorado in the morning.

Work email of the day yesterday,  "Need an opinion.  Rescue group says we took a cat."     Lawyer life....

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

C-R

Morning Jay and Karen and all to come.

Turned over a new leaf. Running early now like the old days. Two days in and so far so good. Forgot how good it makes me feel getting into the day. Also forces me to go to bed earlier which is a good thing I think. 10k done but not at J'oclock time.

DD got registered for her new school and is pretty excited. Today she is showing sheep at the State Fair. Can't wait for the pictures of that. She calls them her angry potatoes with legs. Frankly never thought sheep were angry but I guess these sheep have attitude.

Good to hear some things are improving for folks in here and hope others can get the same tailwind.

Back to the grind.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
        "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

anneb

An early (well 6am) hour-ish easy run for me before work- got in the shower at 7:10, out of the house at 7:33! Might be a new PR 😂 … the joys of office life.

Good day to all.

Anne

...Very Cool pictures from Joe//............my brother in law went up on The Wall in 2002,

101st Airborne

attached to the 173rd

died of wounds 36-years after he was paralyzed from them

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Marathon Maniac #957

She calls them her angry potatoes with legs.

KSA - cat thief?

3.3 miles for me today with 10 x 100M whatevertheyarecalled - it has been so long....plus about 25 minutes of weights and core.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

pfriese

Interval Tuesday. Ladder intervals; 400m, 800m, 1200m, 1600m, 1200m, 800m, 400m with 400m recoveries @ 8K pace. With 1.5 mile warm up & cool down, 8.6 miles total for today's run.

Paul

I love that about the sheep, Norm.  Good luck to her!

Yeah- I don't think we took the cat.  Sounds like maybe it didn't show up where it was supposed to be.  Anyway, I'm not letting my folks issue any sort of written statement....   Always a new adventure.

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Image result for angry sheep

Sheep's rebuttal to namecalling

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

Our mornings are so nice and cool now. Wish I could run a few miles before work. but <cough> <cough> no can do. 

Board meeting after work tonight, so no trip to the gym to visit the TM for me. Maybe tomorrow.

Tammy

Henrun

Went back to the reservoir where we used to live. Didn’t realize how much I missed it. Twice around for 3.1 miles, the second lap 3 minutes faster than the first. Still very humid.

mrrun

power walked the opposite direction of henrun.  one of the islands had a heron and cormorants

coastwalker question - when i walk fast my shin hurts similar to shin splints.  when i slow down, it goes away.  is this just part of training the muscles because i'm walking differently?  I noticed when i pumped my arms I automatically went faster - interesting feeling.

C-R - baaa humbug

marj

coastwalker whew! The apocalypse delayed yet another day.

C-R that is soooo cute! I have to remember to use it.

No medical appointments today.  Kind of amazing. I do have them tomorrow and Thursday however. How exciting.  As for today, I did some upper body weights and then went to work.

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

Holly - Yep, it'll be hard to determine when enough is enough.

My brother was in 4-H and showed sheep for a number of years.  They're not the smartest in the animal kingdom.

Jay - Not sure what your town would do without you.

Delayed reaction to my 2 x 15 minimal bridges.  At least the issue is in the same spot each time.  That's gotta count for something, right?

Also did a lot of upper body and gut/back work.

Okay - Off to the races ~~

Leslie
                              Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                              -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Marathon Maniac #957

Striders!  That's the word!

MikeE - intervals in 92 degrees - you are tough!

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."