Masters Running

The Daily Sunday Daily, 4.9.17 (Read 41 times)

coastwalker

Mornin' everyone.

Saturday’s sumptuous workouts:

RunnerKSA (3.1 morning miles, for 26.2 for the week)

C-R (9 chilly, back home, couldn’t sleep, early-morning miles)

Tramps (7.8 sunny, nippy morning trail miles)

Catwhoorg (8.5 miles round the ‘hood, with 6 sets of 5 pull-ups with each pass ‘o the playground)

CMDan (4.75 hillaged, wooded & technical trail miles, then 1.7 night recover miles)

Dave (1 hr. of running/walking in the park on dead legs)

Holly (2.2 morning miles with striders)

Pfriese (8 pretty river trail miles)

Henrun (5 sunny & cool miles along the Charles River with a tail wind)

BerthaSlayer (8.3 easy, relaxed miles on a beautiful day with a friend)

Twocat (22 miles with 7 at MP)

StarrRuns (Chilly Creeks 10K - tough race with silage and windage, 2nd pl, AG, 154/154)

Tet (5 mile with deafening noise on rain hood an violent wind gusts - typical day in PNW)

Mike (16 miles, 66°, 17 mph wind, 7:08 pace, sore right knee)

Tammy (Pear Blossom 10 miler with stomach issues, plus 4 post-race miles)

Spacityrunner (3.3 mile neighborhood post-housecleaning slogfest)

Happy 33rd Anniversary, RunnerKSA! Sometimes a simple, relaxed celebration is perfect - especially if there is cake!

Welcome home, C-R and Catwhoorg! Sorry about the lack of sleep (C-R), and the Nuremberg pollen (Catwhoorg).

Tramps, I once had an owl swoop down from behind me, just touch my cap, and keep going. That was a little unnerving. I would have preferred your experience.

Busy, productive day, Dave. I hope you took out and enjoyed the zero gravity chair.

Sounds like a great dinner with friends, Holly, except for the leftovers mix up. I hope that DD got to play in the lacrosse game, and that you enjoyed watching. Good luck to you and your dad with the pups search.

Happy anniversary to you and Marj too, Henrun! Sounds like you had a good celebration with your anniversary twins on Friday night.

Twocat, if it were up to me (and I know I'm being a contrarian here), I’d want good legs for the Cork marathon, so I’d use any marathon before that as an easy training run.

Congrats for toughing it out in that wind, StarrRuns!

Tet - yikes!!

Glad you’ve got another training partner, Mike. Nice job on the 16-miler, but watch that knee.

Huge congrats to David, Tammy. Sorry about the stomach issues in your race.

Congrats on getting back up to a 20-mile week, Dan.

Sounds like a tough but necessary conversation with The Hub, Leslie. It is good to understand each other, even if you don’t agree with each other.

Today, we have to move a hydraulic table to our office, and I suspect it is going to be wicked heavy. We're borrowing some boys with bigger bodies, so I hope we can manage it without anyone (or the table) getting hurt. DW and I also need to make a Trader Joe's run, and I need to continue the never-ending yard clean-up process, and make at least one trip to the Town dump to unload lots of downed branches that aren't burnable. So, an almost typical Sunday.

6.9 RW miles this morning. I decided to give myself a treat and waited till about 5:30 to head out when it was light enough that I didn't need my headlamp and all manner of reflective gear. It was 36° when I headed out, and if I would have waited only another 5-6 hours or so, it is supposed to get up around 60° today. I didn't have a plan for today's workout, which showed because I kept changing my route as I went along. Even though my heart and head weren't into it, I still managed to go a little faster with each mile, except for one where I was 3 seconds off.

Have a greta Sunday!

Jay

Without ice cream there would be darkness and chaos.

mrrun

Hi Jay and all to follow -

thanks for the recap as usual!

the world is about to end - I almost went out before Jay this morning, but fortunately I didn't.  I bagged race starting at 11 this morning because we're off to Brooklyn shortly.  Instead ran the 5 miles in the 'hood

and a happy birthday to our chronologically oldest runner - Henrun!

marj

...Happy B'Day henry//..............and Good Running to ya.........

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Tramps

That birthday cake was for Henry but Holly's future pup got a hold of it first.  Regardless, happy birthday Henry!

2cat--yup, race the first.  The second is for fun.

Starr--all you have to say is "2nd in my AG"!

Leslie--a tough but probably important conversation.

TexasDan--good progress. Keep it up.

13 easy but sproinky miles over small undulating hills.

Be safe. Be kind.

Thanks, as usual, Jay. Holly, send the leftovers to my DS -- he'd be glad to eat anything that he doesn't have to fix (but seriously, I think he's turning into a more adventurous cook than either of us). Congrats to David also, Tammy!

Didn't do my sorta-LR yesterday since I had to wait at my MIL's for the exterminator to come. After catching 5 mice in 3 days with traps we figured we needed professional help! I used the guy a few years ago to get rid of carpenter ants and I think what he did will take care of it, plus some other preventive steps that she'll take (the problem may be originating in the adjacent, unoccupied condo unit).

Anyway, I got my 8-mile run in at a 10:40 pace in what were actually better (warmer) conditions than yesterday: just shorts and long sleeves and I was getting hot by the end as the temperature rose over 10 degrees during the course of my run. It''s heading toward 70+ this afternoon and I might take some sort of easy bike ride even though it will be getting very windy.

I'm starting to question the wisdom of my having entered that HM at the end of May. I had trouble training for my last HM at Charlevoix a couple years ago, and that was a couple weeks later on a mostly flat course!.This one is mostly hilly dirt roads and trails and beat me up when I last did it about 5 years ago. Fortunately, the race director is an old friend and he'll let me downgrade to the 10K right up to race day if I decide to back down.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

C-R

Good one Tramps and happy birthday Henry!

Careful with that table Jay. No injuries now.

Careful with that knee Mike. We have enough injuries in here. Heal up everyone.

So today is the 100 consecutive run day for me. Spent it running trails with some friends. Absolutely wonderful to watch the sunrise in the woods. Not nearly Jay early but early enough my running partners were complaining a bit. 9 miles in the books. That's back to back and I think I am finally turning the corner on my proper rehab and running.

Busy day with church, work and chores.

Cheers.

"He conquers who endures" - Persius
              "Every workout should have a purpose. Every purpose should link back to achieving a training objective." - Spaniel

http://ncstake.blogspot.com/

pfriese

Thanks for the recap coastwalker.

Happy Birthday Henrun!

Windy, warm spring morning.... perfect training weather for the OKC Mem Marathon training run with the OKC Running Club. Total of 20 miles on the marathon course. That brings me to a new personal best weekly mileage... 70.1 miles!!!

Paul

Happy Birthday Henrun!

Got my 2 1/2 hour run done, which yielded 14.1 miles.  I wanted to go slower so my recovery would be better, but I didn't.  Nice morning, but even though it was a group training run, not many people showed up and I was by myself the whole way.  No problem- I liked having the aid stations and doing a little different of a route.  Glad it's done!

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

catwhoorg

Labrat

7 x 1200M VO2 max intervals.

with warmup and cool down that's 12.35 miles for me.

The Wrist accelerometer on my Polar M400 is good at picking up the intervals. Distance ends up a bit off, but you can see the difference in pace very well.

5K  20:23  (Vdot 48.7)   9/9/17

10K  44:06  (Vdot 46.3)  3/11/17

HM 1:33:48 (Vdot 48.6) 11/11/17

FM 4:13:43 (Vdot 35.4) 3/4/18

BerthaSlayer

MM#5991

Happy birthday Henrun. I hope the day brings much joy to you. And cake.

Today is beautiful and sunny. I got another 20 miles in the books which makes 5 out 7 weeks of 20s  now and am really hoping that the coach gives me a cutback week. Why all the 20s? Because he knows I like them but to be honest I probably would have scrapped a couple of them "just because I could" which is why I need a coach. I am lazy and he keeps me accountable. Typically with canned plans I will do the mileage but not typically try hard enough to get in the hillwork and speedwork. With this individualized plan he gives me specific targets to achieve and other than today I think I have been nailing them. Today cumulative fatigue may have affected my run.  He does monitor my logs and I constantly bombard him with texts and face to face questions so he knows when to ease back with me.

Lori

*it's Bertha or me. My money is on me.*

**"There is no growth in the comfort zone and no comfort in the growth zone".---- Sandy**

Good job, Lori!  I like having a coach, too.  Being held accountable by someone keeps me honest about my running.

Happy Birthday, Henry!!!! 

Jay - It sounds like you have a full day.  Good luck on moving the hydraulic table.  I'm thinking everything you plan to do today counts as x-training.

Okay.  It's butt-icing time.  Enjoy the rest of your day ~~

Leslie
                        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

evanflein

I guess I didn't post yesterday. Got kinda busy. I ran 8.2 miles on the side of the road. Sure will be glad when the bikepaths and trails are runnable again. Today is planned for a longish run, but I haven't decided really what I'll do. I could probably use a coach but would probably find a lot of excuses for not following the plan. My next race is a 5k the first Saturday of May, so nothing really very motivating.

Mike's knee? I thought it was his right heel acting up again. Wasn't the knee issue with the "kid" who did 100k instead of 100 miles?

Leslie, it's good to have an understanding. Good that you guys can talk it over like that. A lot of couples can't do that. Can you go swimming? Is pool running out?

I wonder how Holly did today? And Mariposai?

Should be a nice day here today. Should come up with an idea for a run soon.

Thanks for the ketchup Jay!!

Henry - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

((Leslie))  Sending you lots of healing hugs!!

Erika - hope things are going ok with Abby..so hard!!

Holly - did you find a new puppy?

Spin class, upper body workout, church, packet stuffing for Boston, outside and inside housework then heading to see The Shack this evening.

denise

''Leslie, ..... Can you go swimming? Is pool running out?''

.........erika is very wise.....

================

...bumping 80s here

55-min hike in 2-lb boots

..................good running to ya

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

Mike E

MM #5615

Hello everybody!

Happy birthday, Henry!  I hope you enjoyed your day.

Yes...it is my heel...and, rather than run, today, I'm icing both of them.  They felt okay, this morning, but I spent a lot of time on my feet at church, then I came home and did some yard work, and they are both pretty sore.  I just don't think and easy 6 miler is worth risking more injury.  Besides, it looks like some pretty heavy rain is going to be hitting us any second and I thin there might be a rule about that, or something.

Leslie--you're cool...that's all there is to it.

Okay--gotta go.  See ya!