Masters Running

Thursday Workouts! (Read 779 times)

But then we might have to start running in black leather, carrying whips.
    and the problem with this is.......?
    Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM
    CassadAAmius

Good day frens, Recovery day here, 45 min on the elliptical, and a short core routine including 100 situps, 3x30s side planks each side, 3x1 min one-footed stand on squishy-pad-thing, and AT stretches. Good running to those who can and healing vibes to those in need.
      Henrun

As another Aries I also like the ram logo. But I'm not a 'Master' anymore. In race results I'm listed as a Veteran+. How about 'Masters and Beyond'? Ran a hard 2 miles today in a light drizzle-my ideal running condition. Marj is out doing some post holiday shopping with her daughter-in law and new(3 month old) granddaughter. M. is not a shopper but it's a great excuse to bond.(She did run 3 miles before she left).
        spacityrunner

I like RAM...or Masters and beyond....or...well I just like that we are all here so whatever you want to call yourselves is fine with me. 3.03 in 40:15 for an avg. 13:17 m/m down to the waterfront and back. Beautiful sunny day for a run...hope my foot thought so too...

Trails Rock!

Dave59

5 pretty slow miles on the basement treadmill for me this morning. No aches or pains so I consider the run a success regardless of the speed. The "groups" feature on this site has the potential to eat into my work time. I am already a member here, 1000 mile group for next year, and now a Michigan group. Shocked It could mean some serious reading time in the furture.

XT day. Ran 4 miles yesterday with some guys in the running club (where were you Ilene? hope you are OK). Ran 3 miles at the track the day before with the hubby.
                I figured where the 40/40 thread went so would I. My first daily post here: 17.28mi @ 9:12. They are/were talking about creating a masters forum. I might post a note saying I think it would be a good idea. Off hand I think that would be a good idea. This group is not that easy to find. I know that I found the CR B&B forum by accident and doubt I would have found this one were it not for Holly S. As to a name Masters and Beyond seems like a pretty good one. Pretty much describes who posts here: a bunch of old people who run a lot! Smile Still, many of us are a LOT faster and in overall better shape than the bunch of young people I see walkng down the street! Big grin

Live like you are dying not like you are afraid to die.

Drunken Irish Soda Bread and Irish Brown Bread this way -->  http://allrecipes.com/cook/4379041/

SteveP

Tramps – not sure if I want to be a RAM. I thought about “Masters,” but that’s a bit gendered, too. Of course, the wimmen could be “Mistresses.” But then we might have to start running in black leather, carrying whips. Think that might improve my race times? Might just SCARE them into giving me an award. Big grin
                  My resting heart rate is no longer resting No running today Cry

SteveP

After yesterday's fast run I had planned on a day off, but then looking at my schedule I decided to go down on the treadmill and do some weight training on the morrow. So, 3.1 on the TM for today. So, Dave59, will you be changing your handle every year? Hopeful already learned about doing this. Fortunately it's easier to do here than at CR. Looks like everyone else is having good outings today. It's also nice to see Aamos posting regularly. I hope she keeps it up even after she's healed.

Doug, runnin' cycling in Rochester, MI

"Think blue, count two, and look for a red shoe"

Dave59

After yesterday's fast run I had planned on a day off, but then looking at my schedule I decided to go down on the treadmill and do some weight training on the morrow. So, 3.1 on the TM for today. So, Dave59, will you be changing your handle every year? Hopeful already learned about doing this. Fortunately it's easier to do here than at CR.
                      It is easy to do here. Good database design! I don't have to change every year because 59 is the year I was born.

King of PhotoShop

Since there are male and female masters divisions in races, masters seems acceptable, but since I am way older than masters in those AG's, I like Masters and Beyond. Wonderful stretch and core workout today, lots of front and side planks. Mariposai, here is a story you can add at your managers' meeting: Years ago I used to do 360 feedback surveys, the design, the sorting of the data, and the reports, then facilitate the discussions with the involved managers. I had a question on the survey that I have used for many years. For the managers, the question was "I make a habit of catching my people doing something right and spontaneously offering praise." I used a standard Likert scale of 1-6, with 1 meaning "Strongly disagree" and 6 meaning "Strongly agree." Managers, no matter what client I administered the instrument with, answered on average 5.5. They thought they were very strong at this. When I administered this to their subordinates, the question was worded, "My manager makes it a habit to catch me doing something right and spontaneously praising me." The subordinates scored this question at about 1.5. The gap of FOUR was the largest in the entire survey. And it seems to be true in my observation and facilitation of the issue of informal reward and recognition. Managers tend to believe they do a great job of it, but the people who most need this reinforcement are convinced they aren't getting enough of it. Cicero had it right. Once I get the managers to understand that this area is lacking, I help them develop formal management routines to ensure everyone receives some reinforcement around desired behavior. Spareribs
                        OrangeMat

MM #6177

Hi all! First time posting on the daily thread here, and it's nice to see a bunch of familiar names, considering my short history so far at any runners' forum. Smile 5.5 miles today in a cold and fine drizzle, somewhat lackluster, though probably due to still being worn out by my first 10-miler ever on Tuesday. Either that, or it's all the peanut M&M's I've been inhaling lately.... note to self: stay out of Costco! Good runs everyone!

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

I sure miss Tetsujin; will someone go and drag him out of his taper hibernation?
                            gracias kirei chocho-san. I'm hoping to untaper for the first time since our SM with some of the local goddesses at the annual New Year's Day Run and Plunge and a for a few miles when you're doin' Marathon Quiindy like you did with me at Mt. Spokane. Maybe MIQ for your international partners. ji ji

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

I am guessing Dark Horse has not yet seen Holly's comments on whips and leather and such. 5 miles at around 8:00 pace for me today then weight training for upper body...I like what I can get done when on vacation!
                                Go BOOM! Good running to all Masters, Mistresses, Mr., Mrs., Ms and Beyonders! A really fine run for me this late AM. 6 miles 10:29 pace. A brisk 22 F....anticipating some snow later this evening.
                                Quit being so damn serious! When we change the way we look at things, the things we look at change. "Ya just gotta let it go." OM