never

should have bought

those Ornamental  Sequoias

==================

..but I digress.......

.......40-min x-bike.....

off to Knoxville tomorrow,

Claire's in a Play

..nothing takes the place of persistence.....

anneb

If I am reading correctly that is your prep fee?? Yikes, that is quite the increase without some kind of discussion.

Our accountant finished our taxes and I just about choked at the bill. $900, which is $300 more than last year, and except for the changes in the laws, nothing was different for us, so I don't know why it was so much more. I go in with all my records neat, tallied, scanned, and on a thumb drive. The Hub's gonna have a hissy fit.  It may be time to start shopping around for a new CPA.

Anne

If I am reading correctly that is your prep fee?? Yikes, that is quite the increase without some kind of discussion.

Yes, it was the CPA's fee to prepare our returns.  I was expecting around $600,which is what it's been for quite awhile.  I need to look closer at the letter that accompanied the invoice to see if there's a clear explanation of the increase.  Nothing was mentioned in our meeting.  This essentially eats up half our return, which sucks.

Leslie
        Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
        -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

anneb

So in my Gmail today, I have a message about something called Amazon Key which is supposed to let Amazon deliver my packages IN MY GARAGE. No, just no. First off, I don't order from Amazon enough to even care about this, and second, why do I want to let some Amazon delivery driver into my garage? These people do not even show the same level of professional courtesy as say, UPS or Fedex. A couple of weeks ago the H nearly ran out and throttled the delivery guy who rapped on the diamond-glass window on our front door with some hard object (it was loud... we were like WTF??)

Amazon ... 

Anne

Singer who runs a smidge

Yes, it was the CPA's fee to prepare our returns.  I was expecting around $600,which is what it's been for quite awhile.  I need to look closer at the letter that accompanied the invoice to see if there's a clear explanation of the increase.  Nothing was mentioned in our meeting.  This essentially eats up half our return, which sucks.

Sorry, that's what I get for assuming! 

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

The income tax withholding laws changed, so if you didn't alter your withholding, it's quite likely you will pay more in taxes, or get less of a refund.  Our refund went from about $2500 to about $300.  <shrug>

yeah, we learned that the hard way.  instead of a return, we owed $1000.  .  granted, the total taxes were a bit less than last year, but owing was a shock.  have to stop into HR and up the withholding amounts.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

TammyinGP

since we had the foresight to know that this tax overhaul would in no way shape or form help the working/middle class, such as myself, we changed our withholding from 4 to 2 about 1/2 way through the year. Can't even claim 3 with our son as a dependent and be assured the proper amount is withheld so we don't get zinged at tax time. even at that we went from owing about 1/2 the amount as we did last year (*only*  owe 1500 ) and were it not for getting to deduct tuition, we'd still be owing the usual amount. and on that note, I'll mutter profanities in my brain to keep this as politically-free as possible. although anyone who really knows me, knows where I stand on things 

Tammy

I just finished notarizing an estate planning couples' signatures 39 times.  39!!  I think that's a record for me.  I now need to go massage my pour hand. 

Leslie
                  Living and Running Behind the Redwood Curtain
                  -------------

Trail Runner Nation

Sally McCrae-Choose Strong

Bare Performance

Dave59

I struggled through 4 miles this morning but felt better because of it.

Marathon Maniac #957

New Rule: No more Injuries Unless Paperwork Is Filled Out Three Months In Advanced And Approved By A Simple majority Of Those Who Post In Runningahead's Daily. A tie will be broken with a toss of a cat. If it lands on it's back, the application for injury is approved. If it lands on it's feet, the paperwork possess begins again after a two month period of reflection.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

Last weekend or maybe even last Friday my son's mailbox was stolen from his Poconos lake community cottage (not a fancy place).  The post and mailbox were gone- with his mail.  He was pretty pissed.  I'm not sure he got around to calling the police.  Anyway- today it was back- lying by it's hole in the ground.  Mail and all.    WTF????

Out there running since dinosaurs roamed the earth

Marathon Maniac #957

The income tax withholding laws changed, so if you didn't alter your withholding, it's quite likely you will pay more in taxes, or get less of a refund.  Our refund went from about $2500 to about $300.  <shrug>

Yup - I found out early that "tax relief" just meant a little more in your paycheck, but less of a refund later.  We like to get a nice refund, so we both increased our withholding so that our tax return this year would remain roughly the same.

Leslie - $900?  Yikes!  Is that the going rate where you live?  I know when we were having H&R Block do ours, it was about $350, but I think the cost of living where you are may be substantially greater than southern Ohio.  Our firm now owns a tax practice, so our taxes are done in-house for free, which is nice.

So, my foot didn't hurt at all this morning, but I decided to stick to the TM in case it flared up, and after about a half-mile, that peroneal tendon pain flared up.  I stopped at .7 mile and hopped on the bike-to-nowhere instead for 30 minutes.

And for the rest of the day, it does not hurt at all.  Hmmm.  No idea.

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

BTY

Hello Runners!

Total day off from exercise yesterday.  Needed it.  Finished off the evening at a small going away party for DS #2 who is leaving for NC tomorrow.  Beer, cake, ice cream, chips and buffalo dip.  Nice.

Up and at'em at the gym early this morning for an upper back and biceps workout, and tonight will (hopefully) be a 100 yd IM repeat workout at the pool.  With one other opportunity for another type of workout this week, tomorrow night - Monday was a long slow distance workout and Saturday will be another 100 yd IM repeat workout - I might do some faster swimming tonight, lay off the distance a bit.  Nice to have the running log which I use as a swimming log now, to check and see what varieties of workouts I was scheduling last fall.  I could do some butterfly repeats tonight but with the potential for crowding in the lanes, I will have to wait and see.  I also don't like doing butterfly when there are others in the pool b/c I'm pretty self conscious when there are, say, 15 people on one half of the pool just sort of leisurely hanging out,  and a handful of us swimming laps and one of us is a big oaf swimming butterfly, knocking 1/2 of the water out of the pool every lap. :-)  I also think it looks like I'm showing off.  Maybe I am?  A little bit?  ;-)

stumpy77

Trails are hard!

Last weekend or maybe even last Friday my son's mailbox was stolen from his Poconos lake community cottage (not a fancy place).  The post and mailbox were gone- with his mail.  He was pretty pissed.  I'm not sure he got around to calling the police.  Anyway- today it was back- lying by it's hole in the ground.  Mail and all.    WTF????

Scavenger hunt?

and a side anecdote on that subject that Joe's comment brought to mind--not long after we moved into our house (30+ years ago), we came home from a weekend away to find our mailbox still on its post, but looking rather flattened.  Found out from the neighbors that one of the football players had been celebrating their one and only win of the season by trying to run over mailboxes.  Now, I had set it on a PT 4x4 in about a 4' deep hole and I did not want it to move.  apparently he ended rolling over the top and falling off.  Never did find out who it was, but did take JUST a bit of satisfaction in how he must of felt the next day.   And the post is still in the same spot--never moved.

Need a fast half for late fall.  Then I need to actually train for it.

Joe618

Guessing an alcohol or drug-induced prank, followed by some sober thinking later...without publicly owning up to it??    At least he got it back and now has a re-setting exercise for the post.   Cross training, right?

________

I have nothing particularly clever or profound to add as a tag to each message...I just like to run.