Masters Running

Friday 12.18.15 (Read 34 times)

spacityrunner

Well, people will drop out...let them know you will be a pinch hitter if needed (if you want to be on a team)

I'm not on a team...I somehow missed the sign up for that so I'm a solo contestant.

Trails Rock!

TammyinGP

Hiya everyone!!!

whoo hoo! Hi!!

Tammy

Marathon Maniac #957

Anybody here doing the 2016 in 2016 challenge?

I haven't heard of that, but I will take that challenge!

Hiyah SpacityRunner!

6 miles for me today in a breezy 31 degrees, followed by about 45 minutes of strength training.

Then I braved the crowds for a couple of hours of Christmas shopping.  I think I am done now.  Whew!

DD is in the middle of a full-blown, tears-a-flowin' crisis tantrum because she ended up with a C+ on her report card, and hence did not achieve the grades necessary to get the incentive money DH promised her (not sure what the amount was, since I was not in on this deal).  Whatever it was, she is not getting it, and OH THE DRAMA!  She is literally WAILING in her room.  (sigh)  13 is going to be a LONG year....

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."

evanflein

Holly, she'll try a little harder next time. I hope DH doesn't cave to the tears. Hey, I ran 6 miles too! But it was about 5° for my run. But at least I caught the last of the waning daylight! First outdoor run all week with no headlamp.

And next week, we'll start gaining daylight! Have I said that before?

Slo, I signed up for the individual too. Missed the team thing. Not sure what it involves anyway.

Hi Spacityrunner! What's up with the Team thing anyway? I suppose I could go back and check it out....

It'll be cool to be back in WI this May, although I was never that far north before. I went to UW-River Falls, down by the Twin Cities, so that area is what I'm most familiar with (but it's been years). While DH is at his conference in Minneapolis the following week, I'll probably be spending time with the cousins, aunt and uncle I have there. Should be fun! Haven't seen a couple of my cousins in almost 20 years...!

Hi friends - it's been a long week here hence the not checking in again. Tuesday we were called back to the Cape again because they didn't think fil would make it thru the day, but by mid-afternoon he was perking up slightly, writing on his note pad and making his needs known!

Thursday the call came again and this time it was real. Unfortunately my dh and I didn't make it down in time before he passed, by my mil and bil were at his bedside. I honestly think this was the way it was supposed to happen - my dh really didn't want to be there as his father passed, but was thankful him and I were able to go into the nursing home before they removed his dad. So hard no matter how old you are or how much you anticipate it happening. Now we wait for his body to be cremated - there is a 48 hour wait period in Mass. and then we will have a private burial of the ashes at the veterans cemetery. My mil seems to be handling things quite well and is ready to move on to the next phase - in fact, she sent me home with tons of fil's clothes to donate off Cape!!

Starr - hope things work out for your daughter!

Holly - hope the wailing ends soon!

Henrun - see you Sunday!! Kirsten will be there as well!

Tet - a thong??

oh ya running - ya I've been squeezing some in including a little 4.2 mile run to the ocean this morning

nite all!!

denise

Mariposai

Leslie, she was actually fired. I guess some patients had complained but I really don't know that much about it.  I suppose if they have just reasons for termination then she doesn't get unemployment. It doesn't seem right to me but I'm just the mom.

I worked for over 5 years with my state's Employment Security Department.

My advice...let her apply for unemployment...

let the judges decide if she qualifies or not.

10 miles at predawn before a tiger type day at work {I reserve the word of monster day for the days I feel defeated)

We got some lovely snow overnight. It was fun running on fluffy virgin snow....

"Champions are everywhereall you need is to train them properly..." ~Arthur Lydiard

MM#209 / JapanJoyful#803

Well, they took longer than it takes me to run a marathon nowadays but I survived my first two-meetings-in-one-day day for at least twenty years but I'm no jay so will forego the trail run in thongs tomorrow for Sunday's !2K's of Christmas on smooth pavements out in Kirkland where I don't need any.

However, I'm with Starr as I'm always imagining how resplendent on all the Christmas lights would be with snow instead of the year-round green grass around here in Seattle.

Two possible ideas:

. . . 1.  Starr - maybe have DD make a records request for her employment/HR or whatever files, notes, phone call logs, electronic information, etc. (maybe aamos might have some wording or I could look around).  Maybe even make an appointment to talk to her supervisor, especially if she had no warning to improve in certain areas, etc.

. . . 2.  Holly - your DD is shocked enough about the grade that maybe it would be worthwhile to make an appointment with the teach to find out what she should have been doing that would have allowed a better result.  If she's being picked on and there's no valid reason except the teacher thinks she needed a few more "C's" in her grade book, maybe DH can reconsider and, at least, give her half credit. good luck.

ps - I never thought I'd hear the snow goddess referring to anything anywhere in the lower 48 as being "north."

"Enjoy yourself. Your younger days never come again." 100yo T. Igarashi to me in geta at top of Mt. Fuji (8/2/87)

Marathon Maniac #957

{{{Deez and family}}}

Tet - I looked over her grades, and I think the C+ was justified.  This is a Spanish class, taught in the 8th grade but for high school credit, and DD just didn't put enough time into her vocab study.

Erika - How many hours of daylight do you have right now?

Life is a headlong rush into the unknown. We can hunker down and hope nothing hits us or we can stand tall, lean into the wind and say, "Bring it on, darlin', and don't be stingy with the jalapenos."